Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S ChalsYour feedback matters!
My daughter age 3 year do not want to eat anything. We are mainly rice eaters. She is greedy for junk foods but do not want to eat the main course. Now a days if we force to take food she vomits after taking a little food. Please give me a solution of this problem. She is getting thiner and thiner day by day.
I am suffering from polycystic since few months. And this is causing severe pain in my lower abdominal part, weight gain, irregular periods, hairs on upper lips and weakness.
My baby is premature 7 month. He was born on 18th july 2015. Baby is very active & growing properly. His weight is 3.5 kg. Baby is in AGRA UP. & I am living in Bangalore. I am planning to shift the baby in Bangalore. I am thinking to travelling by AIR to Bangalore. I having by Train option also. Please suggest which mode of transportation will be good for baby by Air or By Train.
My son vomits after eating anything. Is this a symptoms of viral gastroenteritis? What medicine to be given to him?
My 8 yr old daughter has been complaining of stomach pain for the last couple of months. Initially the doc had asked to control outside food especially bakery items and had also prescribed nexpro junior for a week. At that time she had shown some recovery, but again when she started complaining we took ultrasound of abdomen. As per the report there is a prominent well defined oval mesenteric node seen in periumbilical region of short axis 4-5 mm. Want to know, Is there any serious problem, if so what is the treatment and any changes to be brought in her diet?
My daughter get birth on 21st march 2017 According to doctor they give vaccine to her like Oral polio Bcg Hepatitis b 1&2 dose DTP Oral polio Ipv Hib 1st and 2nd and 3rd dose And I ask doctor for rota virus vaccine He told me that it is not important for your child So I want to know that is it right Is rota virus vaccine is important or not please suggest My child after c section delivery report is NAD - CHEST NAD Abdomen soft Obstical history Para 1 + 0 lch 11/2 months LSCS please provide me a satisfactory answer.
My 9 month baby girl is only 6.3 kg wight. She was the same in 6th month. Afterthat there is wt gain. I am diabetic and feeding mothers feed. How could she gain weight.
My baby has loose motions. Giving antibiotics as the doctor said he has stomach infection. But it's not stopping. What can we do.
I am a breast feeding mom. I used to take eldoper for diarrhoea before. I heard its harmful for baby. Please suggest an alternative to be used for emergencies ?
The mother and the father, both clearly play defined roles in the development of a child’s personality. While the mother teaches the child things like kindness and love, the father reinforces messages like hard work and dedication. Due to various reasons, there are a number of children who end up growing up with single parents. Both the child and the parent have to deal with a lot of hardships.
The patterns observed also differ based on whether the single parent is the mother or the father. There are various negative effects to this, and few of them have been listed below.
- Social disconnect: Most children growing up with a single parent do not feel normal. There is a constant feeling of confused identity. In some cases, the children may not be able to cope with these hardships leading to depression and decreased self-confidence. In the long run, the child may be less compassionate and supportive and more aggressive and confused. There could be a sense of resentment towards the parents for forcing him to live with a single parent. The kid may also despise other children who grow up with both parents. They may also have very less friends and social connect than kids with both parents
- Odd combination: If a single mother is raising a son, her contribution to his growth is very limited from a psychological point of view. They would always look for a father figure whom they can reach out to. Same is the case with a girl growing up with a single father. She misses the mother with whom alone she would be able to share some things. The overall personality in both these cases is significantly altered from boys and girls who grow up with both parents.
- Performance levels: The stress of living with single parents puts pressure on the child constantly, and there could be performance dip in academics, sports, and co-curricular activities. These children also tend to become uncooperative; therefore getting them to follow the school curriculum becomes difficult. The chances of them dropping out of education and getting expelled from school are quite high.
- Social menaces: The incidence of smoking, alcohol abuse, and substance abuse is quite high and also happens much earlier in these kids. Because of the constant stress they are in, these become outlets for them to be themselves.
- Sexual abuse: With single parent children, the chances of sexual abuse (by them and of them) are also quite high.
These are some of the psychological problems that children growing up with single parent face. Although this may not be the case with all the children as every child has a different thinking and reaction. However unpleasant it may be, this continuous battle on raising a child alone and addressing these issues has to be fought every single day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
My son 5.5 yrs old. He sometimes having immense pain in his legs that he cant even walk properly. I am fearing by this. Please guide me anybody.
My 4 month baby suffer from cough. I consult with the doctor she prescribed levolin syrup and tusq. But no relief both them please any other medicines.
My 4 years old son has viral 3rd day, has passed lose motions twice and has complained stomach pain. Wht med can I give him. He's on crocin ds & meftal p alternately.
I have twins baby boy and girl .both sleep on one side boy on back and girl on left side so their head on particular side have become flat. They are in their 5th month. What can be done.
My wife is 28 year old. We have two kids. She's breast is getting very loose how she can get it tight.
My daughter is three years old. She is not eating food properly. Please provide some suggestion. Thanks.
Methi seeds are found to be effective in persistent coughs. Both leaves and seed equally help in cooling down body. It is therefore necessary that we continue consume more in our daily diet.
Today’s its also use in cosmetic and hair care products.
How to use:
1. Boils & Swellings : Leaf-paste , heated and applied when lukewarm
2. Anemic patients: 10 gm methi seeds cooked with 100 gm rice.
3. Hair Growth : Seed paste applied on head
4. Skin Diseases : Cooked methi leaves taken daily for a fortnights
5. Mouth ulcer, sore throat : Leaves Gargle 5-6 times daily
6. Pimples : Fresh leaf paste applied on face
7. Headache & Insomnia : 2tsp fresh juice of methi leaves along with 1 tsp honey taken daily for 10 days