Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S C Mohan Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S C Mohan KumarYour feedback matters!
3 days back I fell down from steps, leg got twisted due to that one nerve in the leg became swell, I went to doctor given pain killer injection and tab for 4 days but pain in there & left leg is solen due to nerver got solen. Please guide. Daily taking pain killer & band age putting in morning time & massage doing from iodex & one oil massage.
Hello friends. I am 27 male. I have been gyming since 3 years .after gyming first 6 month I realize some pain in my shoulder. I immediately left working out and went to a doctor who advised me some exercises. It was not helpful so I went to a physiotherapist and had treatment which helps and my pain was gone. Again I started gyming and after 3 months again shoulder pain was there. This time I went to a orthopedic and he also advised me some exercises but it was waste of time. I also did ct scan and MRI but results are normal and doctors are telling to do physiotherapy and exercise .i need some real help guyz. I know you all are experienced. I can not go to gym and it kills me. Plzz help.
Hello sir / Mam, I am 30 years old. According to MRI report'Anterior Cruciate ligament is thickened and shows increased signal intensity, suggestive of high grade partial tear. 1. Is in this case operation is necessary or not? 2. Can be recovery of ACL ligament without operation? Please give me some advice.
I am 25 years of age and I am married for last 2 years and I have problem in my leg my legs pain very much and sometime my full body is paining what should I do.
एंकिलॉज़िंग स्पॉन्डिलाइटिस (Ankylosing spondylitis – AS) क्या है ?
एंकिलॉज़िंग (Ankylosing) का अर्थ होता है – जुड़ाव (फ्यूज़न) (Fusion ) |
स्पॉन्डिलाइटिस (spondylitis) का अर्थ होता है – स्पाइन (Spine) या रीड क़ी हडडी के मनकों की सूजन (inflammation) |
एंकिलॉज़िंग स्पॉन्डिलाइटिस एक ऐसा रोग है जो पीठ, गर्दन, और कभी कभी कूल्हों और एड़ी में दर्द और जकडन का कारण बनता है | यह एक प्रकार का वात या गठिया रोग है (Gathiya / vaat rog), जिसे आर्थराइटिस (arthritis)भी कहा जाता है।
अमूमन यह मान्यता होती है की गठिया रोग बुढापे का रोग है | रहेयूमेटोलोजी (Rheumatology) एक ऐसा मेडिकल फिल्ड है जिसमे अनेक प्रकार के गठिया रोगों का समावेश होता है |रह्युमेटोलॉजिस्ट (Rheumatologist) एक ऐसा डॉक्टर होता है, जो इन गठिया रोगों के प्रकार का पता लगाकर इनका इलाज (treatment) करते हैं। ऐसे बहुत सारे गठिया रोग या वात रोग हैं जो किसी को अल्पायु में ही ग्रसित कर सकते हैं। AS ऐसा रोग है।
एंकिलॉज़िंग स्पॉन्डिलाइटिस वात रीढ़ की हड्डी ( spine vertebra) के आसपास या कुछ जोड़ों (joint) में सूजन के साथ शुरू होता है । यह किशोर या वयस्क अवस्था के युवक या युवतियों (ज्यादात्तर युवको) को ग्रसित करता है । इस रोग की शुरुआत बचपन में भी हो सकती है। कभी कभी, इस बिमारी से रीढ़ की हड्डियों का एक साथ फ्यूज़न (fusion) या जुड़ाव हो सकता है |
Hello, I aged 63 having acute Pain and swelling around right knee and hip joint for the last 2 months. Please advice
2 month before he is suffered from swelling in right thigh, then doctor prescribe operation, due to deep wound in his thigh, but after operation there is no recovery, still infection is increasing wbc count upto 27000, due to this again operation is done by other doctor, but still infection sometime decrease upto 16000, then increase, during second operation a band is inserted at the place of femur bone, doctor remove 2 inch femur bone due to bone infection, problem is that last operation done on 26 october, but still infection is wbc count 22000, and CRP count is 27, please help me. What I do.
Sir. I am suffering from gas problem in 6 months. Please tell me what's the solutions. Also suffering in knee pain problem. I am in 34.
I am suffering from cervical pain in the left shoulder and currently taking the physiotherapy treatment which has really helped me a lot but from pay 4 days I am having heaviness in my center to forehead which seems to get started from my neck. The intensity of the heaviness starts from the mornings itself and get increased by the evening. So when I consulted my physiotherapists he said it might be due to BP some I have that and take medication but it was all normal. therefore I would like to request that what is the cause of this and in which specialty I should consult since due to this I am not able to concentrate on my work at all.
I have heel pain for last one and half years, tried all kind of ointments. Now apply turmeric and salt pulta/chonka of Arendi (CASTOR) leaf in the night. It gives temporary relief but no permanent solution. Kindly advise. Thanks P K Gupta, LKO.
Gone are the days when bone ailments and damages were detected based on the experience and superficial conversations made by the physicians. These days with the advent of radio waves, medical science has made significant progress that has enabled a detailed overview of what exactly is going on inside your body and what should be the most relevant treatment in that regard. Magnetic Resonance Imaging or more commonly known as MRIs are a boon when it comes to diagnosing orthopedic and musculoskeletal complaints.
Common Uses of the Procedure:
MR imaging is usually the best choice for examining the:
- body’s major joints.
- spine for back pain
- soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) and bones of the extremities.
MR imaging is typically performed to diagnose or evaluate:
- degenerative joint disorders such as arthritis.
- tears of the menisci, ligaments and tendons (knee) or rotator cuff and labrum (shoulder and hip).
- fractures (in selected patients).
- spinal disk abnormalities (such as a herniated disk).
- the integrity of the spinal cord after trauma.
- sports-related injuries and work-related disorders caused by repeated strain, vibration or forceful impact.
- infections (such as osteomyelitis).
- tumors (primary tumors and metastases) involving soft tissues around the joints and extremities (such as muscles, bones and joints).
- pain, swelling or bleeding in the tissues in and around the joints and extremities.
- congenital malformations of the extremities in children and infants.
- developmental abnormalities of the extremities in children and infants.
- congenital and idiopathic (developing during adolescence) scoliosis prior to surgery.
- tethered spinal cord (abnormal stretching in the spinal cord) in infants and children.
In this process, X-rays and radio waves are subjected upon the affected region to examine the conditions of the bones, tissues, muscles and also detect the presence of tumours. This is majorly a non-invasive test and is painless. It does not use ionizing rays and therefore does not harm the body in any which way. The MRIs capture a detailed picture of the organs and the internal body structures and then transmit them onto a computer screen for the physician to monitor the inside story.
- MRI is an imaging technique that does not require exposure to radiation.
- MR images of the soft-tissue structures of the body (particularly muscles, bones and joints) are often clearer and more detailed than with other imaging methods. This detail makes MRI an invaluable tool in early diagnosis and evaluation of many conditions, including tumors.
- MRI can distinguish abnormal tissues from normal tissues much more accurately than most other imaging tests (x-ray, CT, etc.).
- MRI enables the discovery of abnormalities that might be obscured by bone with other imaging methods.
- The contrast material used in MRI exams is less likely to produce an allergic reaction than the iodine-based contrast materials used for conventional x-rays and CT scanning.
- MR images allow the physician to clearly see even very small tears and injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscles and some fractures that cannot be seen on x-rays and CT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a radiologist.