Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
How to get rid off bad smell from mouth, even though I'm brushing twice a day, and gobbling with salt water. Suggest some medicine or cures.
My teeth are yellow. In the corner of the teeth thre is white and bad smelling things which is not removed very well thr.
Dear sir I have pain in my teeth from last 7 days. I can't eat hot & cold I teams. Plc suggest what should I do for fast relief.
How much time did fluconazole takes to kill candida from body? I ate last night fluka 150 tablet. But feeling well no rashes on tounge no smell in urine.
My daughter is having problem of 2 teeth more height than others. She is completed 12 years. I would like to arrange clip for 2 teeth having more height. Which age, I can arrange clip?
I am 28 years old. I am located in Hyderabad. I am having teeth problem. My teeth will always be bleeding more than three times in a day. Can anyone suggest what medicine do I need to take to come out of that problem. Thank you.
1. Heart Disease
There are several theories that exist that attempt to explain the link between periodontal disease and heart disease. One theory suggests that oral bacteria can affect the heart when they enter the blood stream, attaching to fatty plaques in the arteries and contributing to clot formation. Coronary artery disease is caused by the thickening of the walls of the coronary arteries due to the buildup of fatty acids. Blood clots obstruct the normal flow of blood and lead to neglecting the heart of necessary amounts of nutrients and oxygen required to function properly. This can eventually lead to heart attacks.
Another theory is that the inflammation caused by periodontal disease increases plaque buildup, which may be a contributor to swelling of the arteries. Research shows that people with periodontal disease are almost two times as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease as those without the condition.
There are other studies that link a relationship between gum disease and stroke.
3. Pre-Term Pregnancy
According to the American Academy of Periodontology, pregnant women who have periodontal disease may be seven times more likely to have a baby that is born prematurely and too small.
Hi while I am eating frequently use to chew my cheeck so in my mouth one smal bulb kind of a clotting from last 4 year what to do for that.
My son is 11 months old n has 4 developing teeth. The upoer two teeth are black stained. The lower teeth r too small to observe any stain. Please advise how to remove/avoid stain. N also cause of the stain.
Everybody wants that perfect smile showing off pearly white teeth, but not many have it. There is a constant try to improve the smile by making the teeth whiter and brighter. Teeth can be discolored intrinsically or extrinsically. They acquire different shades and sometimes even different colors like brown and black, making them stand out as extremely odd. Teeth change color either due to intrinsic or extrinsic reasons. Intrinsic is when minerals like fluoride get incorporated into the tooth, giving it white irregular spots. Aging also causes intrinsic staining, turning them to a pale yellow shade. This is more difficult to remove than the extrinsic coloring. Also, teeth change color due to extrinsic causes like food substances, smoking, medications, tobacco usage, poor oral hygiene, etc.
The introduction of tooth bleaching came as boon to those who were unhappy with their teeth color. Whitening can also be done in the dentist's office or at home by the patients themselves. Though over-the-counter bleaching agents are available, it is always advised to consult a dentist and then choose the appropriate material. The time of each application and the duration of the entire treatment are best decided by the dentist. The product provided by the dentist would be stronger and will produce quicker results than the ones available in the market.
At Home Bleaching: The dentist will take impressions of upper the lower jaws and fabricate customized trays. The right material is then chosen, which is applied on these trays and left in place for the desired amount of time. This needs to be repeated for a time decided by the dentist depending on how much whitening is desired. The desired color is usually achieved in about 4 weeks' time.
In-House Bleaching: This will require multiple visits to the dentist, usually about 1 to 3, of about 30 to 90 minutes each. The gums are first protected and then the bleaching agent is applied. It could require laser for activation in some cases. If the desired color is not achieved, it could be followed by a couple of applications at home. In some cases, there could be minor complications including gum irritation and increased tooth sensitivity. This is caused by the hydrogen peroxide, which is the standard component in all bleaching agents. The whitening process can be repeated at desired intervals to add that extra sparkle. Once the trays are fabricated, the bleaching agent can be used multiple times.
Teeth Whitening: Why You Should Talk to Your Dentist:
- Tooth bleaching can make teeth temporarily sensitive or be uncomfortable for people who already have sensitive teeth. When used incorrectly, home kits can also lead to burned and even temporarily bleached gums.
- Tooth whitening works best for people with yellow teeth and is less effective for people with brown teeth. If your teeth are gray or purple, tooth bleaching probably won't work at all.
- To be sure of tooth whitening is worth your time and money, talk to your dentist before you use an over-the-counter tooth whitening kit.
If you are not happy with the color of your teeth, talk to your dentist about what is the best method to change their color. The results could leave you surprised with a white, bright smile.
People have a lot of misconceptions regarding orthodontic / braces treatment.
1. Most commonly I have heard people say if you extract healthy teeth for orthodontic treatment eyesight is affected. Now that is not true. If that was the case then when your teeth decays your eyes should also have the effect. Your teeth are in no ways connected to your eye.
2. Braces weaken your teeth: no braces do not weaken your teeth in fact well aligned teeth are much stronger than crooked teeth because you can clean them better.
3. Braces are meant only for children: that was the early adage. With new technology now braces have become invisible and even adults can get their teeth aligned without the braces being visible outside.
4. Braces can be put only after all permanent teeth have erupted. Not only teeth can be mal aligned but in few cases the jaw bones are also mal aligned. When such is the case visit a orthodontist at a very early age so that we can alter your jaw growth. Once growth ceases you will have to undergo surgery to correct the jaw problem. Ideal age to have your kids shown to an orthodontist is 7 years.
5. Braces do all the job we don't have anything to do. Braces will do their job only if you allow them to. Follow your orthodontist instructions properly and meticulously. Do not break your braces by eating hard food substances. Keep your mouth clean.
Hope these instructions help some of you.