Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. Ananthakrishna
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. S. AnanthakrishnaYour feedback matters!
- The best time for a dental check up for your young child is around the first birthday. Better before the first. Birthday.
Like it is important for a child to be examined by a Child specialist soon after birth in the same way it is very important for the child to be examined by a Child Dental specialist as soon as first milk teeth erupt into the mouth. The Child Dental Specialist can examine and guide you on many aspects to avoid the dreaded tooth decay for your loving child.
The best and Ideal time to come to a Child Dental Specialist is as the mother is carrying the child preferably in the first three months. The mothers or parents can be guided to take care of small aspects which will not only benefit them but, also the little one as they come into this wonderful world.
I always feel my mouth dry specially at night and so drink water again and again, and need to go to toilet multiple times. Do I suffer from any disease?
My jaws are not opening fully from 1 day. I never eat tobacco and do not have any addiction. It pains a lot when I try to open and a sound also happens. What should I do.
I am 21 years female. My gums bleed very often and a foul smell comes from my mouth. Is there any home made remedy to remove the foul smell of my mouth and bleeding from my gums.
I have pain in my ears and my jaw. Many tyms I hear a voice from my jaw as if something is broken. I even get sneezing frequently. Is it sinus? Even my teeth becomes numb sometimes.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.