Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.a. Hiremath
Submit a review for Dr. S.a. HiremathYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors mujhe kuch Dino se urine krte time last samay me pain hota h aur aaj thora sa blood bhi aaya saath me kuch yellow color ka fluid bhi tha. Mujhe bht dar LG rha h kahi ye cancer to ni please help.
I have delay in urinating. I feel the urge but urine will not start. It becomes painful as I feel my bladder is full but it won't start.
Hi Doctor, I was undergone treatment of 15. 9 mm Stone in Right Upper Ureter in 5 sitting of ESWL with DJ-Stent it was crushed and flush out. With urine. Now from last 10 days I feeling pain in Right Side and irritation in after passing urine. I have done USG and the report says :Pelvicalacal Fullness" Could you please let me know do I need to go for any other tests apart from this? And What is the reason of pain? regards,
My mom is having a 4mm kidney stone in both her kidneys she is trying many home remedies and some medicines. What can she do? Any good home remedy? Or any medicine?
There is OXYLATE crystal +NT shown in my urine test, amd I have frequent urination, what does this shows?
Kidney is the most vital organ in the body as it eliminates the waste material from our blood. When kidneys fails to carry out its work effectively the waste materials gets accumulated in the blood and end up with many serious disease condition that affects the other vital structures in our body. The function of the kidney is carried out artificially by an external device called dialyser to purify the blood and remove the waste products from it. This procedure is called as dialysis. There are two types of dialysis they are haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. In Haemodialysis, the waste products are removed from the blood and there by the fluid and electrolyte balance is maintained.
Things a person should follow if they are undergoing haemodialysis
- Love your heart: Patients undergoing dialysis are at more risk of getting cardiac problems. So it is best advised to follow few of the following measures to take care of their heart
- Diet: Dialysis not only removes the waste matters from your blood but sometimes also the essential electrolytes and nutrients. Protein, potassium sodium and phosphorus are the major things that are to be noted.
- Encourage the patient to take high quality protein rich foods like meat, fish, milk, egg and chicken which is essential to improve your muscle strength and immunity.
- Have a check of your sodium level and take sodium rich foods accordingly, as excess sodium may increase the fluid intake.
- Limit your fluid intake: Use ice cubes instead of water or use small cups of water. Make sure you measure every sip of water you take.
- Don't Overeat: Slow down while eating and stop eating when you feel full. don’t over load your stomach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
Taking an antibiotics isn’t the only way to get over symptoms of a urinary tract infection (UTI).
1. Get Your Fill of Water One of the first things to do when you have a urinary tract infection is drink plenty of water. That’s because drinking water can help flush away the bacteria that's causing your infection, It puts you on the right track for recovery.
2. Load Up on Vitamin C for a Healthy Urinary Tract Getting plenty of foods high in vitamin c is important because large amounts of vitamin C make urine more acidic. This inhibits the growth of bacteria in your urinary tract.
3.Cut Bladder Irritants From Your Diet When you have a UTI, caffeine, alcohol, spicy food, nicotine, carbonated drinks, and artificial sweeteners can irritate ur bladder further, making it harder for your body to heal. Focus on healthy foods, such as high fibre carbohydrates (such as oatmeal or lentil soup), that are good for your digestive health.
5. Go Ahead, Empty Your Bladder Again Every time you empty your bladder — even if it’s just a small amount — you rid it of some of the bacteria causing the infection. Keep making those bathroom runs, advises Rivers.
6. Change to Healthier Habits
- Wear loose cotton clothing and underwear.
- Wipe yourself clean from front to back.
- Choose only fragrance-free personal hygiene products.