Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rupalini Sastry (P.T.)
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Treatment of Osteomalacia
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Submit a review for Dr. Rupalini Sastry (P.T.)Your feedback matters!
Hi, actually I am suffering from backache many times in a month from last 5 years since I had a caesarian, Also pls let me know about a cough and cold syrup for my child, 4 years ols.
My mother aged about 84 years is suffering from joint pain since more than 15 years. So many remedial treatment taken place. Even used sandha Sudha and oil of Patanjali but these treatment gives only temporary relief .I would like to say that, "Is there any medicine in Ayurveda which can give permanent relief from this disease to my mother"
Why is my hand muscle near elbow paining too much for a period of time and repeats for every three months?
I am suffering from back pain for the last six month. I regularly used pain killer but now pain killer don't give me relief from this pain. Please guide me.
I had strained ankle for last one week. Now swelling is less but my right ankle still hurts while walking. Should I go for orthopaedic Hospital?
I have a acl injury. Complete knee ligament injured. Doctor has asked me to go for a surgery. Is there any homoeopathic remedy in this case.
I am 7 months pregnant and 8 months is going on. I have lower back pain and legs pains. Does it affect my baby? What should I do so that I can get relief?
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.