Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rupali BelureYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my body from last two days and I am taking painkiller, what shall I do? Please advise.
Sex therapy is based on behavior therapy. It is a type of re-educative therapy. The fundamental of behavior therapy is that all the behaviors are learned, even the maladaptive behaviors. The behavior therapist helps the client to unlearn the unadaptive behavior and replaces it with newly learned adaptive behavior. The aims of behavior therapy are primarily educational and techniques facilitate improved self control.
From amongst several techniques that are used in behavior therapy, 'systematic desensitization technique' is used in sex therapy. Prior to 1970 sexual dysfunctions were managed by psychiatrists. After 1970, the masters and Johnson model of sex therapy made it possible to treat sexual dysfunction by psychologists, social workers, nurses, counsellors, and medical doctors.
Their approach included :
1.Instead of treating the affected individual, the couple is treated. It is the relationship that is affected. This strategy provides an opportunity to gain the co-operation and understanding of both the partners in overcoming the problem.
2.Two therapist a man and a woman work together as a team. This gives each partner a same sex therapist to whom he or she can relate more easily.
3.Masters and Jonson recognized that it was important to identify organic conditions that might require medical or surgical treatment instead of sex therapy.
4.They also found that explanining the anatomy and physiology of sexual response to the clients often had important therapeutic benefits.
5.To individualize the therapy so as to meet the specific needs of each couple.
6.The therapist must avoid imposing his own values on the client.
7.The fear of performance and 'spectatoring' are often central to the cases of sexual dysfunction. The pressure of performance is removed initially by banning sexual contact. Couples are then helped to rediscover the sensual pleasures of touching and being touched without the goal of particular sexual response(Sensate Focus Exercise).
8.Blaming each other for the sexual problem is discouraged.
9.When a couple's relationship improves outside the bedroom, it is apt to have positive results in the bedroom too.
Sexual response is the function of Autonomic nervous system and is a physiological change when effective sexual stimuli are present , and a person is psychologically prepared to respond to them.
All the sense organs are to be used to create a situation conducive to sexual response . (touch is most important).
Systematic Desensitization : A mode of psychotherapy where all the anxiety provoking stimuli are arranged in an ascending level, and the client is exposed to, one by one, Both the partners are to be involved.
Relaxation: Deep breathing, deep muscle relaxation and plesant imagery are incorporated.
1. Sensate focus
2. Woman superior position
3. Lateral position
4. Men superior position
No rigid format
Variations in time, frequency and structure depending upon the dysfunction, the patient and the therapist.
Not as definite as in pharmacotherapy
Compliance and cooperation by wife is like watering by gardner
When sex therapy works, it does wonders and results are unparalleled for that particular couple.
Hostility in couple-interaction.
My wife are 8 months pregnant I want to live with her at delivery time in the delivery room with doctor Because my wife have some problems I can't leave alone at this time It is possible that I can live with her at any type delivery like surgical or normal in the delivery room Can I get this facility there in your hospital Can you allow me in delivery room Can I live with my wife at delivery time in your hospital.
Hello doctor I am not able to become fat. Is this because of excessive masturbation? I'm very skinny so please help.
Hypothyroidism has become a common ailment among people in India nowadays. Women are major victims of Hypothyroidism, as pregnancy and menopause put them at higher risk. Lack of nutrition, lack of exercise and stress play a huge role in Thyroid disorders especially hypothyroidism.
1. What is Thyroid Gland?
1. The Thyroid Gland is a butterfly-shaped gland which is situated below your Adam's apple.
2. Thyroid Gland secrets several hormones, collectively called as Thyroid hormones.
3. The main hormones are T4 (Thyroxine) and T3 (Tri-iodothyronine). Anterior Pituitary gland secrets TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) to stimulate Thyroid Gland to produce T4 and T3.
4. T4 is considered as precursor of T3. Many enzymes, Iodine, Tyrosine, Amino Acids, Vitamins and Minerals are essential for conversion of T4 into T3.
2. What are the functions of Thyroid hormone?
1. To act as catalyst for maintenance of metabolism
2. Regulation of proteins, carbohydrates, fat, calcium and phosphorus metabolism
3. Acceleration of energy production
4. Necessary for normal growth and maturation
5. To help foetal development and development in first few months after birth
3. What is Hypothyroidism (Underactive Thyroid)?
1. Hypothyroidism is one of the most common disorders of endocrine glands
2. It occurs due to hypo functioning of Thyroid Gland resulting into deficiency of Thyroid hormones and increase in TSH
4. What are causes of Hypothyroidism?
1. Iodine Deficiency
2. Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
3. Damage to Pituitary Gland
4. Congenital Thyroid defects
5. What are signs and symptoms?
1. Weight gain
2. Swelling all over body
4. Hair loss
6. Dry skin
7. Feeling cold
8. Irregular menses
9. Heavy Menstrual bleeding
10. Impaired fertility
11. Shortness of breath
12. Hoarse voice
13. Poor memory
14. Lack of concentration
15. Mood swings
16. Carpal Tunnel syndrome
6. What are management strategies?
1. Thyroid Gland gets its support from nutrients like Amino acids, Iodine, unprocessed carbohydrates and vitamin B, C and E.
2. Improve intake of Iodine. Some Iodine rich foods are carrot, milk, banana, strawberry, whole grains, etc.
3. Improve intake of proteins; Good sources of protein are egg, milk, cereals and pulses, etc.
4. To improve intake of vitamin B, C and E, have green leafy vegetables, Amla, Guava, Citrus fruits, sprouts, etc.
5. Hypothyroidism causes low vitamin D levels. So, vitamin D supplements can help in this condition. Walking in morning sunlight for 10-15 minutes is good source of vitamin D.
6. Avoid raw Gobi and peanuts.
7. Avoid biscuits, cakes, alcohol and chocolates.
1. As hypothyroidism puts you at risk of increasing triglycerides, exercise is a must.
2. Cycling and swimming are good options for cardiovascular exercise.
3. Tadasana, Sarvangasana, Halasana, Matsyasana, Ushtrasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Suryanamaskara: These poses are beneficial in prevention and management of hypothyroidism.
4. Yogasana and Pranayam learned from an experienced teacher are always helpful.
5. Eating Right, Avoiding stress, working out properly and sleeping peacefully are the basis to maintain thyroid hormones at a normal level.
What are the Ayurvedic Aspects?
1. Although hypothyroidism is not described in classical Ayurvedic text, based on its clinical presentations, its pathogenesis can be understood
2. According to pathogenesis, Hypothyroidism occurs because of the predominance of vitiated Vata and Kapha dosha. Therefore Panchakarma especially Vaman or Virechan according to Prakruti and Basti are necessary to relieve the disease completely and to avoid further progression and complications of disease
3. "Prevention is better than cure". By following healthy regimen like DINACHARYA, RUTUCHARYA (seasonal regimen), hypothyroidism can be prevented?
4. Proper diet and lifestyle ensure proper digestion. Proper digestion can be created by intake of Digestive spices like cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, ginger, fennel etc
5. Herbs like Guduchi, Licorice, Asparagus are good for inflammatory and autoimmune Thyroid disease
6. Herbs like Ashwagandha, Punarnava, Gokshur, Guggul, Kanchanar, Brahmi etc are good for proper functioning of Thyroid Gland
7. Ayurvedic treatment tries to heal the root Imbalance in hypothyroidism rather than treating symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Breast cancer is the form of cancer that occurs from breast tissues in women. Signs of breast cancer may include a lump in the breast, changes in the shape of the breast, dimpling of the breast skin, a fluid coming out of the nipples or development of red scaly patches on the skin. There might be pain in the bones, swollen lymph nodes, shortness of breath, or the skin turning yellow and pale.
Breast cancer is a fatal mode of cancer in women, and one must try to abstain from this cancer in all possible ways. Here are 5 ways you can decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Keeping a check on your weight: Although the process is tough to maintain, keeping up a sound and healthy weight is a critical objective for everybody. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause in women. Exercise is very important for maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle. Women who exert physically regularly are fitter than others and are at a much lower risk of acquiring diseases of any kind. Regular exercise decreases the chance of getting breast cancer and also keeps the body weight in check.
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet is a key for keeping away from any kind of cancer or major health problem. Include a sufficient amount of fresh fruits and green vegetables in your daily diet to ensure the supply of all vital nutrients to your body. This would increase your immunity.
- Avoid smoking and consume less alcohol: Smoking is a very unhealthy and harmful habit. Smoking lowers the quality of your life, and causes numerous diseases. Heart diseases, stroke and many kinds of cancer, including breast cancer can be caused from smoking. If you drink alcohol, you should moderate your drinking habits and drink less, as drinking in excess may lead to breast cancer.
- Practice breast feeding: Breast feeding your children for a span of one year or more is likely to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid taking birth control pills: Birth control pills, in spite of having several benefits are associated with risk factors as well. Birth control pills have got worse effects in younger women than older aged women. Using birth control pills may cause breast cancer and these pills should be avoided.
There are many ways, adapting which you can lower the chances of getting breast cancer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.