Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rupa S AyengarYour feedback matters!
My sister had went fr a party, now her dates has been postponing, as a brother I can't say this to my parents and even friends. She is always crying. Dono which doctor to consult. Please consider and help me. If any tablets pls suggest.
PCOS a common problem with women of present generation can be very well treated with Homeopathy
Sir my last cycle was got over on 29th sep and on 6 oct I had sex I took i-pill within 1 hr of it. On 12 oct I was bleeding. Nd The bleed is heavy and I am having pain in stomach. I am pregnant? Or just side effect. I took pregnancy home test it came negative. Sir is this my new cycle? And For how many days the pain and bleed will be there please help Me.
My friend missed her periods though she didn't had sex but her her boyfriend sprinkled the semen on her chest and while washing it off the water passed nearby vagina, and now she missed her periods this month's her date was 27. What are symptoms of pregnancy?
Nuts were rediculed till a few years back by the diet-conscious population because they are high in fats. However, now they are being embraced by the very same people because of their heart healthy, anti diabetes and weight loss properties.
Recent research has transformed mindsets. Extensive studies published in reputed journals prove that nuts not only promote heart health and fight diabetes, but they also aid in weight-loss. Nuts are nutritional nuggets containing phytochemicals and unsaturated fats, which are a type of fat that promotes heart-health. They also contain high levels of Vitamin E, folic acid, magnesium, copper and antioxidants.
Promoters of weight loss
Nuts are some of the most filling food items available in your kitchen cabinets. The high fibre and protein in nuts makes you feel full faster. This means you will never binge eat on nuts, you will not reach for the pizza in the fridge and therefore, not pile on the kilos. Because of this, nuts are a dieter’s dream.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition says that dieters stick with their diet plan longer if nuts are included in it. In fact they don’t feel they are on a diet, if they’re allowed to eat nuts while dieting. Other prestigious studies suggest that women who eat nuts tend to be slimmer than women who don’t. Nuts like peanuts can increase your metabolic rate. So you burn up more calories and lose weight.
Nuts also stabilize your blood sugar as they are low glycemic index foods. This means they are digested more slowly and release sugar gradually into the bloodstream, as compared to food items such as rice that is a high glycemic index food. Low glycemic index food products also provide long-term energy and decrease cravings.
Nuts contain calories, but these calories come along with awesome health benefits. Since, one ounce of nuts contains 160- 200 calories, it’s important to remember not to binge on other fatty foods like ghee along with nuts. Balance is important while having these nutrient-dense foods. If you don’t do this, you will end up putting on weight instead of losing it.
Apart from portion control, nutritionists suggest that you do the following:
- Eat nuts along with other food items, like mix and match nuts with fruits, sprinkle nuts on soups, cheese or breads and eat them with salads.
- Eat small portions and avoid eating handful of nuts at a go.
- The nuts that are really good are walnuts, almonds, Macadamia nuts, pecans and cashews. So try to include more of these. Also, if you are allergic to peanuts, stay away from them.
- Avoid sweet or flavoured varieties of nuts. These contain extra doses of salt and sugar and can end up making you fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Description: botanical name of haritaki is terminalia chebula. It is also known as harad. Accoring to bhavprakhash haritaki was derived from a drop of nector from indra's cup therefore it has capacity to fight with every disease. It is one of the content of triphala the wonder drug of ayurveda.
-helps in balancing acid in stomach
-it helps in healthy functioning of lungs
-it is helpful in obesity
-helps in flatulance
-helps in proper functioning of liver
-helps in improving haemoglobin level
-used as a mild laxative
-useful in nervine weakness
-useful in toothache
Hello doctor My wife is pregnant and entered into second trimester and detected twins in sonography. So doctor recommended cervical stitch which we did yesterday. But doctor prescribed erythromycin 500 mg tablets 4 times a day. I am scared with this dise. Erythromycin 2000 mg a day in pregnancy is it safe.
I am 21 years old ,newly married, I do sex in before 10 mins suddenly a blood flowing what can I do. I travelled in bike at evening. Also am periods problem. Help me please.
Drug eruptions are mild to severe skin conditions, where the skin shows some form of drug induced adverse reaction, which may be visible or not visible, but causes discomfort, pain, visible lesions and hives or rashes, etc. on the patient's body or some areas of the skin. This is caused when a drug given, for some reason, causes side effect or extra reaction. Often drug reactions are not serious or fatal except in some cases and can be controlled once the causative drug is withdrawn from administration.
Types of drug eruptions:
The common drug eruption types are as follows:
Type 1- Urticaria, anaphylaxis, or angio-oedema, which happens due to mediation of IgE and protein such as insulin.
Type 2- Purpura and haemolysis induced by a cytotoxic reaction for the administration of sulfonamides, penicillin, rifampin and cephalosporins.
Type 3- Due to the action of sulfonamides, salicylates, and chlorpromazine a complicated reaction develops resulting in serum sickness, vasculitis and urticaria.
Type 4- These reactions, which are caused by the hypersensitivity of cells and come in a delay cause photoallergic reactions, contact dermatitis, or exanthematous reactions. They are most common types of reactions and occur when the drug is applied topically.
All of these types show how drugs can cause several different types of reactions. Though eruptions are visible on skin, some discomforts are not visible, and then it takes time for diagnosis. However, diagnosis of the reason behind drug eruptions has to be done as soon as possible to avoid further serious types of reactions like anaphylaxis and angioedema.
Managing drug eruptions
Management of drug eruptions has to be tactful. Often drugs are taken by patients who have a lot of problems, or sickness, and are not fully fit. Moreover, they take not just one drug, but a bunch of drugs for several problems in the body. Therefore, to understand which drug caused the problem and discontinue that one is often a challenge. However, it has been seen that discontinuing the affecting drug really helps to get the eruptions eliminated after some time. However, to stop a drug when it is most needed for a certain problem or cure and that too by diagnosing the exact drug takes some time and needs experimentation from the medical caregiver or doctor.
While the drug is still continued, treatment with antihistamines, epinephrine and corticosteroids is done to relieve the patient from the pain and discomfort. If antibiotics are given to the patient, they are stopped to see how the body reacts. To avoid an eruption sometimes premedication can be done to soothe the eruptions in case of patients with a drug eruption history.
I am 29 male & my wife 25, we try to get baby, we try to 4 to 5 times, but failed. Can you give me the solution please.
Sir there is infection in my wife's uterus kindly advise medicine during her periods she has to suffers a lot of pain and when we make relation she feels jealous.
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies are risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post-partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths.
As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through, there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
- Be aware: Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
- Enjoy foreplay: Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
- Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions: Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
- Don't go for multiple partners: Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
- Don't Use sex toys: Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
- Don't Try risky positions and maneuvers: Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
- Don't Keep yourself ahead of her: It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not only negatively affect her mental health, but her physical health as well.
- Do not mix drugs with intimacy: Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the result of using intoxicating substance use during pregnancy.
Hormones agonists (receptor activating chemicals) that release gonadotropin hormones produced by the pituitary gland (GnRH) act quickly to remove luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) from the pituitary gland. Lupron is a kind of GnRH agonist that is used to start the IVF cycle, especially if your ovaries need controlled stimulation.
Lupron is injected intramuscularly. Lupron injections are given to women who undergo the gonadotrophin therapy, which stimulates the ovaries. Lupron mimics the structure of the GnRH, so when it is injected, it triggers the production of LH and FSH. When the pituitary gland realises the difference between GnRH and Lupron, it dramatically reduces the biological production of both the follicle stimulating and luteinizing hormone. This condition is called the pituitary down regulation and this continues as long as the Lupron is being administered. Lupron slowly, but steadily, lowers the production of estrogen.
The reason for administering Lupron is to stop premature escalation of LH. Women who are older and resistant to ovarian stimulation or who have poor ovarian reserves (the capacity to produce eggs) are usually given the Lupron therapy. Too much of the luteinizing hormone can harm the follicular production, which in turn damages the quality of egg production and later, embryo development. Lupron is injected to stop the premature luteinisation of the follicles, and it is stopped before the egg retrieval procedure.
The Lupron IVF Calendar:
To help explain the treatment, a hypothetical menstrual cycle of 28 days is taken:
- Days 1-7: Your menstrual cycle begins and the Lupron treatment starts (you are usually given Lupron injections)
- Day 8: Your periods start and the Lupron treatment continues
- Day 9: FSH injections are started while you are still on the Lupron injection; a blood test and ultrasound is scheduled today as well
- Day 10-13: The FSH and Lupron are administered together for the next seven days
- Day 14-15: A blood test and ultrasound is scheduled again on the fourteenth day
- Day 16: This will be the last day of your FSH and Lupron treatment; another blood test and ultrasound will be scheduled and HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) injection will be administered which causes normal ovulation
- Day 18: On this day, the egg retrieval procedure is done
I am 20 years and have irregular menstruation problem like not having period two months in a row often. Can you help me?
Dissatisfaction about your own body is very common. Negative self image may affect one’s self esteem and lead to depression and generally make you worry or be conscious all the time.
Here are few tips to overcome the feeling of body dissatisfaction.
1. First of all, let’s understand one basic fact - NoBODY is perfect! quite literally.
It is important to be realistic about your body and to remember that a perfect body is neither essential for your happiness nor does it have much relevance to your fitness.
2. Exercise regularly to stay fit and to boost your mood. Do the workouts which you enjoy doing.
3. Don’t compare yourself with others as they might have perfect body but might not be as fit or happy as you feel.
4. Accept that you are what you are and it is absolutely OK to be just the way you are. Instead it is advisable to focus on your abilities and work on to improve your skills. Prove your strengths which build your body confidence.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.