Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RudrambikaYour feedback matters!
I have body since 2 months. What can I do? Especially spinal chord pain is more. Please suggest some medicine.
I'm suffering from sciatic pain and numbness in frontal side of both the thighs due to pinched nerves in lower most cylinfer of spinal chord. Pls. Suggest ayurvedic physiotherapy, massage, physical treatments and medicines.
Hi. I am an 18 years old male who suddenly started going to the gym. Recently, I have had a lot of body pain. Could you suggest a natural and at-home method to relieve myself of the pain? Thank you.
From last few days I am feeling weak (body pain and headache) just as I have fever, but my body temperature is normal. What should I do next?
My knee bone has a swelling since past 4 years and it's not gone till now. It pains and I eat pain killer tablets.. Suggest me something please.
For about 10 days am feeling too much pain in the legs, back and half of my head maybe due to acidity / gastric problem as my tongue is also white and tastes awful. Kindly suggest a remedy.
Hi, My mother (age 59) is a diabetic patient. Now a days she is often refusing to eat well due to recently started tiredness and body ache which changes within different regions of the body. She always prefer to lay in bed or on floor to get cool. She says, she is having some kind of upset in stomach and in chest when she eats food. She was diagnosed with a fibroid in the uterus four years back. Now she is continuing home medicines for fibroid, diabetes and blood pressure. I would like to know all the probable reasons behind these symptoms and also good examples of complete diet (Indian style breakfast, lunch, dinner) to keep her healthy and active. Faithfully.
Hi, I am suffering from very warm breath from nose and mouth. Full body pain and fever with cold and cough please tell me what symptoms are this?
The back bone or spine is made of a series of bones extending all the way from the neck (cervical) to the tail (coccyx). These joints, like others, are prone to inflammation, sprain and strain, some more than the others. The coccyx in particular is highly prone to inflammation and can lead to localized pain, which is very typical, with the pain in the tailbone. This is known as coccydynia. Read on to know more about this common condition.
What is Coccydynia?
- Literally, coccydynia translates to tailbone pain.
- It is characterized by a sharp, localized pain between the buttocks in the tail bone.
- It is often caused by injury to the pelvic area or the tail bone.
- Sitting and/or leaning against the buttocks make it worse.
- Pregnancy, when the additional hormones relax on the pelvic floor, also leads to increased pain of the tailbone.
Diagnosis: The pain can be easily confused with other conditions like sciatica, fractured tailbone, tailbone infections like shingles, etc. However, for a trained medical person, the symptoms of tenderness and pain are quite diagnostic. Pilonidal sinus, fistula, pudendal Neuralgia is also same as Coccydynia and show same symptoms.
- If there is a rash or inflammation, it needs to be evaluated further for additional problems.
- Where possible, rest completely for a short period of time till the acute phase of pain subsides.
- In case of injury, ensure there is no repeat injury to the same area.
- Pain medications are used to relieve pain, where it is severe and intolerable.
- In severe cases, cortisone injection may be given in the doctor’s office. In addition to pain relief, it may even take care of the underlying problem per se.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods where possible.
- After the acute phase is over, when sitting for prolonged periods, sufficient padding is advised. This could be in the form of pillows or padded seats.
- Sleeping on the sides is difficult, so sleep straight. If required, take a pillow in the middle.
- Physiotherapy is also helpful in some people who have repeat attacks. This helps in pain management and controlling acute phases. There are specific tailbone stretches, which should be done under supervision.
- Walking is one of the many effective ways to keep the tailbone “unlocked”, which helps in getting rid of the pain and avoiding spasms of the muscles around the tailbone.
- Best internal manipulation and pain management can be done with Coccyx exercise.
The time taken for healing of the tailbone depends on whether it is a simple bruise or a severe one. The former would heal completely in about four weeks, while the latter will take about 12 weeks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.