Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rudra Prasad
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rudra PrasadYour feedback matters!
Severe gripping pain in knees(not in the front or back but inner sides of the knees).Aggravates in sitting and laying positions.Please advise.
My heel has pressure points and they throb at night which makes me uncomfortable. My Bp remains normal 110/80.
I had viral fever two-three days earlier. I had taken the medicine and now I do not have fever. But me legs are paining while walking. Ankle knees and space back og lower leg is paining too much.
Muscular dystrophy is a rare disorder which results in the atrophy or degeneration of muscles. This happens as the proteins required by the body to build and maintain muscles are not produced within the body in a normal manner. Muscular dystrophy mostly affects boys and develops in early adolescence although it can affect people much younger or much later in life. Ayurveda has some great treatments which can allay the symptoms and provide relief to patients afflicted with this disease.
Treatment for Muscle dystrophy in Ayurveda
With a degenerative disease like Muscle dystrophy, simple medication won’t be able to cure or relieve symptoms. Even with conventional medicines muscle dystrophy can’t be cured, but the symptoms can be reduced. Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to correcting the problems which include oral medications, food as well as exercises in the form of yoga.
Herbs are a great way to put certain minerals within the body, which can help lessen the pain and symptoms. Some of the herbs which have been known to be effective in reducing pain and also helping with movement and day to day activities may include:
- Ashwagandha and many others
However, there are no medications in readymade proportions which are specifically designed and prescribed according to the diagnosis of the patient. It also needs to be complemented with a proper diet also known as Mamsagni Rasayana.
Diet or Mamsagni Rasayana
This is a very tailored diet and supplement approach to create and put the required nutrients which will slow down the decay of muscles within the body and will also help build new muscle to slow down decay. These will include extracts from herbs which will be made into chemicals and then used to make dietary supplements.
Yoga and specialized physiotherapy exercises
Yogic postures combined with certain walking and standing postures performed over time can also help reduce the symptoms and lessen the rate of decay. Some of the exercises that are helpful for various activities are:
- Standing and movements: Padahastasana, Tad asana, Trikonasana, Vakrasana
- Sitting: Paschimottanasa, Vakrasana, Shashankasana
- To help with breathing: Ardha Shalabhasana, Pranayama, Bhramri Pranayama
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
When i play football, I get my leg a broken. I was not put tt. Now become 4 days. Now what to do? Please advise.
A shoulder dislocation is a shoulder injury which is characterized by the upper arm bone popping out of the socket of your shoulder blade. The shoulder joint is the most mobile among all the joints in the body, making it the most prone to dislocation. The dislocation of the shoulder joint can either be partial or complete depending on the injury. In a partial dislocation, the head of the upper arm is partially shifted out of the socket whereas in a complete dislocation, the head comes out of the socket in its entirety.
The symptoms of shoulder dislocation are:
Excruciating pain in the shoulder region.
Mobility of the joint is greatly reduced.
There can be multiple ways in which a shoulder can be dislocated because of its ability to move and swing in all the directions. The fibrous tissues that connect the bones of your shoulder may also get stretched or torn. These injuries occur due to a sudden blow or a strong force exerted on the shoulder joint.
It is caused by:
Trauma to the Shoulder Joint: Hard blows to the shoulder joint such as one suffered from a vehicle accident can lead to shoulder dislocation.
Sports Injuries: In contact sports such as hockey and football, the sudden forceful contractions of the shoulder region may lead to dislocation of the shoulder.
Falls: Tripping or falling from an elevated place and landing on the shoulder can cause shoulder joint dislocation.
The treatments for shoulder dislocation are –
Medication: Medications such as pain relievers can be prescribed by the doctor to reduce pain.
Surgery: Surgery of the shoulder joint can help in treating chronic shoulder dislocations. Surgery is also required if the blood vessels or the nerves along the shoulder joint are damaged.
- Immobilization: This process involves attaching a sling or a splint to the affected area to prevent it from moving. This allows the shoulder joint to heal and recuperate faster.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain - This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity - When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities and resumption of normal activities - This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep - Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase - Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems - As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.