Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rudra Prasad
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rudra PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pain in my legs from last two days. I have sprayed some gel on legs to overcome but still there is pain even I can't walk properly please suggest what to do.
I have joint effusion, 2 years ago I had injury and I am still suffering from pain. The effusion is less by now but occasional pain is there, I have changed 5 orthopaedic doctor n 2 physiotherapists. They could not lower the level of pain.
I am 20 years old. I met with an accident before one year. Now am facing a severe back pain and neck pain. So what I will do to remove my pain.
My left lumber Spine L5-S1 caused mild bulge creating lot of pain while stand/ sit more than 2 hours. Is it must a surgery or it can solve by physiotherapy.
29 Oct I have small injury on back head in gym that time no pain but next day in my head strong sensation like (thakker 5-6 sec 2-3 times) after that next 2-3 day I play cricket normally but again sensation (thakker) after that headache start also back or neck pain, sensation 3-4 times a day my CT scan also normal after few days pain is decrease but when I sit straight or walk longer or straight standing pressure on back head and neck.(sometimes neck pressure or sound in ear) day by day pain is less or no pain when rest, pain only when sit or stand position.
Hello Doctor, I am 23 years old male. I wanted to know that how many times a person can have MRI scanning done on his body. Is there any risk associated with having MRI again and again? I am suffering from slip-disc and need to have MRI to be done on my back. Past history:- already had MRI done 2 times on my back and 2 times for my knee.
I am suffering from my right knee pain .Last December 2016 I jump over the roof, after that I go to doctor ,They take x ray but nothing see about bone disorder or fractured. They advised vitamins D3 and calcium .But some time in morning or when I walk through stairs. So Help me.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.