Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RoyYour feedback matters!
Since few days I am experiencing weird irritation and severe pain in my anal and it bleed too. N when I check I saw small lumps Is it anything serious? I do have constipation.
I am 40 years female. I have severe hyperacidity problem. I have low Hb and low calcium. I suffer from IBS since 5 years. What food should I take to increase hb and calcium as I have stomach problems?
Hello sir. I am 19 years old. I am suffering from low back pain since two months it was started when my friend sat on my spine back suddenly and sat for 7 min after this I had severe pain in backside and my stomach pressed and became tight in lower abdomen unable to free it gradually my happenings: 1. At next day my total body is vibrates and unable to wake up feels so tired if eating wamthing sensation and sitting means severe acidity and sounds coming and no motion free. 2. For next 10 days seviour back pain unable to sleep if sleeping in comfortness feeling no sleep for 12 days and became so weak unable to eat, brush, walk, listen, write, speak, any thing felt un comfort daylong acidity water coming up if sit then becoming more pain in abdomen 3. next pain in hands seviour bones also if touching hands also pain it continued for 7 days next pain in upper thighs like tied with rope feeling in thighs and weighted feeling unable walk one feet also 4. Legs pain and if moving in sleep in body parts fracture like feeling and penis unable to control it is unable to lift if penis enlarging pain in it and surroundings 5. At present I am unable to whether there is connection between penis and my body stomach pain and back pain is not going day by day increasing pain but not curing where should I consult I already had-- scan in abdomen. X-ray in spine, blood test but all are normal then what is problem give me the solution Dr. Please.
Whenever I sit down, I feel pain inside my rectum. This happens more often after my stool. It feels like I've to go to washroom again. Stools are semi-formed & rounded shaped lump. 7 days ago I had blood on my stools too. Whenever I go to washroom it is more of gas passing than stool passing. Whenever I sit down I feel pressure on my anus and rectum. It feels urgency to go to washroom It is sometimes accompanied by vomiting. So it is very difficult for me to sit. I'm missing my college from last 2 months. Recently I had got UTI as EColi was found in my urine. I took up Levoflox tab. And there was high SGPT SGoT so I took Heptral tab. And everything was fine. But suddenly this rectum problem has started again. Suggest me a solution.
Since 4 days I am getting discomfort while sitting or lying down in bed due to pain in anal rectum. Swelling is there and lot of pain. I am talking pain killers to reduce the pain. It seems hemorrhoids but bleeding is not there. I used an ointment Piles Cure but it didn't work. Pain and swelling still there. Please suggest.
I am 46 years old male. My weight is 91 kgs and my height is 5ft 11 inches. Over the past 16 years I have suffered from hyperacidity (heartburn) and sleep apnea (snoring). But somebody suggested me to have antacid pills like pantocid. I started taking them since 2004 until 5-6 years back when I limited them to 1-2 tabs a week because of my knee problem. In due course I took to a habbit of 4-5 sachets of rajnigandha sadha paan masaala per day as a stimulant to stay alert during the day. And lately replaced (about 1.5 yrs now) it with sweety pan supaari (15-20 sachets a day). Though having supaari has brought tremendous relief to acidity (now I only take pantocid a tab a week) and also snoring but ever since made urinate quite often during the night. Whenever I try to sleep (even during the day) I get a full bladder feeling frequently and get a disturbed or no sleep (virtually) because of it. I have got my blood sugar checked 2-3 times but they were normal. Sometimes I sweat during the sleep for initial hours. I have a low heamoglobin count 8-10 (varying depending upon the efforts to grow them back). I also have the high tri-glycerides level but my good-bad cholestrol ratio is under control. I try to have omega3 capsules (amway) 2 times a week to counter the cholestrol. I am a regular weekend (fri-sun) alcohol drinker (90 to 150 mls during the drinking day). Currently worried about my sleepless nights due to irritating urine bouts. I got a ultrsound done in feb 14 to check if I have any enlarged prostate but it came out to be -ve with all vital organs working fine. Please suggest what to do.
I have a weak digestion, tendency for constipation but soft mucus stool. Gas & bloating after lunch. Heavy stomach after meals. Acidity sometimes & lethargy.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pain
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.