Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roy A K
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Roy A KYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old female. I have migraine for last 22 years. It's affecting my day to day life. Earlier it used be only headache. Now I get headache, eye pain, numbness in arms n legs, also I see sm image in front of my eye like a thin horizontal line. Headache happens after every 5 or 6 days. Donot get relief with pain killers also. No vomiting but spinning of head is there. Can't bear loud music, sunlight and also travelling has become difficult. Its a throbbing pounding pain on one side n sometimes near the ear. Please suggest medicine.
What is the blood Cancer. What is the is the effect of blood cancer in human body. How to stop the blood cancer in human body. And how to treat brain tumor?
Can I control shivering hands so that I can write. Can energy level be increased so that I can walk properly without falling down I have fallen down twice since last 5months. I am a old man of 65years suffering from parkinson. Please give useful tips on parkinson.
I ama 40 years old male suffering with urticaria from last 8 yrs. I am taking atarax 10 mg I daily for prevention. When urticaria occurs I take cetrizine 5 mg that led to stressed out nerves and heaviness in head. I was also diagnosed with migraine 4 years back. Pls help.
I have migraine. It occurs frequently since few months. Earlier it wasn't that frequent. What shall I do to avoid it or reduce it?
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.