Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Roy A KYour feedback matters!
Hello sir Last some years my moms feet having cracks And its very painful We trying lots of medicine and Dr. BT its not complete cure after dome times its showing She has Parkinson's also So giving me details about condition.
My son , now 19 yrs underwent treatment for viral encephalitis when he was 12 yrs. Now under anti epileptic medicines like gardinal , topomac,frisium,levipil,lacosom . Now he is 180cms height and 116 kg weight. When he is doing cycling or doing any exercise , having seizures . Please advise how to reduce his over weight. Affected at the front region of brain-at left side of forehead.
I used to listen a very different kind of sound comes from my mind, like my mind is vibrating highly whenever I sit in a silent place. please advise.
I have some kind of swelling at mine nerves some says it is called nerves ending and it is at hand ie on arms some in at back side of the body can you help me out for better cure.
I have a migraine problem in right brain. Please tell me ayurvedic remedies. I am not sure that it's a migraine problem. May be it some type of symptom also of that. It pained at noon time. It is from 4 years.
I'm female of 17 years. I have been facing headache from past 5 years in which our doctor had told me that I have migraine but from past few days it has been severe when ever I get such a severe I have been noticing little swelling and from yesterday evening to night the pain was very severe and today I have seen swelling in the right side of my head from the back to the middle. The headache is from the whole side of the head and major pain was from the back to middle and beside of eyes. Can you please tell me whether is it serious?
Hello Sir, I'm 20 year old. I am suffering from asthma but nowadays having problem in digestion, acidity, gastric. My brain is also not working properly, due to not having deep sleep at night. Is it normal? Please, help me out with this problem.
I am having numbness in my left arm for the last few days. I felt the numbness for the first time 15-20 days back. One of the doctors I went to asked me to raise both hands and smile I think the tests were ok. He then asked me to go for MRI, while he also said simultaneously that the chances of finding something in the brain is remote. I want a second opinion should I go for MRI? What could be the possible reason for this numbness? -Rajesh.
From past 4-5 days, I'm having sever headache with feeling of nausea. It happens all day long. I'm not able to concentrate on my studies. It all started after the viral fever I had. I got my eyesight checked and got a -0.5 spherical in both eyes and -0.25 cylindrical in one. The physician diagnosed me with a machine and said it could be migraine, although I denied him symptoms like seeing light flashes and excessive discharge from the eyes in morning. Although I get excessive tears during day time. Sometimes people ask if I'm crying. Could it be migraine? Or just due to weak eyesight. Any other symptoms to look for to check for migraine?
And for metabolism take half tea spoon turmeric powder early morning with water.
My mother is suffering from trigeminal neuralgia. Last 3 years. There is no relief. Pain increasing continuously. What should I do.
I met with an accident in 2012 and in that accident the calcanious bone was fractured after operation one week later it got infected and gangarin developed in my feet so doctor removed the infected calcanious bone and all the infected tissues from my feet and after that they have done skin transplant in the feet by taking skin from the thigh to cover the open wound now it is completely covered and healed but my problem is there is no flesh in feet around the calcanious bone region only skin is there over the feet bone so I can't give any pressure on my right foot and cannot walk in bare foot, even don't have sensation in that area also. I walk now although I limp with the help of applying soft silicon gel in my sock and wearing shoe but always had a fear that my skin in lower feet will be damaged or get cut while walking and I won't be able to know as I dnt have sensation in that area as it happened 2-3 times earlier also and then the slight cut took weeks to heal also and by that time I couldn't wear anything on my feet so that it will dry up and heal. Now I want to know is there any permanent solution through any further surgery possible so that I will have sensation in my feet back and can walk without any fear.
Hello, I'm 28 years of old and my weight is 50 kg, i am suffering from back pain from last 2 years, and also have a epilepsy problem. I have to take medicine daily i.e 4500 mg total. I want to increase my weight about 5 kg within 3 to 4 month also note that my breast are very small please suggest me some diet which can help me in weight gain, and can also help me to give bigger and fuller breast.
I am 56 yrs old retired govt servant. I am suffering from diabetes since last 4 yrs. At present my fasting blood sugar level is 125. And pp 265. And a1c is 6.7%. From the last 4 months i feel very tired , pain under the deltoid region while sleeping . Legs feels numb. My TFT results are normal. Pls give me an advice.
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Are you suffering from autism and looking for an effective treatment for the condition? Autism is a complex neurological disorder, which is commonly diagnosed in children within three years of age. It is a result of impaired brain functioning and it expresses itself in the form of disrupted social and communication skills in the patient. This condition affects the development of a child by a great extent.
Autism happens due to several structural and functional changes in the brain. The exact cause of the condition is yet to be determined. Genetic predisposition, metabolic imbalance, intake of certain drugs and the exposure to harmful environmental toxins may lead to autism in children.
Several protocols of homeopathic treatment are undertaken for treating autistic patients. The method to be used depends on the circumstances of the condition. A variety of homeopathic techniques are required for curing a person with autism. They include the following:
- Isopathy is a treatment in which a substance is given to the patient, which cause the illness during homeopathic potency
- Classical homeopathic medicines
- CEASE Protocol
- Homeopathic bowel nasodes, which are considered to be an important part of the recovery process from autism. They help in healing damaged bowels and the symptoms of anxiety and rage.
- Biochemical tissue salts are used in autistic patients who face problems in the assimilation of nutrients because of a compromised gastrointestinal tract.
The methods work effectively, along with conventional medicines and other treatment measures like GAPS diet, osteopathy, biomedical intervention, cranial sacral therapy, chelation, and traditional Chinese medicine.
Homeopathic approach towards the treatment of autism
The homeopathic approach in the treatment of autism is holistic in nature, which aims at treating the genetic tendencies along with strategic management. Firstly, a homeopathic evaluation is undertaken for a child with autism, where all details regarding his family medical history, which may be associated with autism, are assessed. The analysis also considers the impaired functions of a child such as his behavior, communication, speech, tantrums and social skills.
There are around 20 different types of common homeopathic medicines, which are prescribed for the treatment of autism. The exact medicine, its combination, dosage and other support medicines depend on the child’s case history.
The homeopathic medicines used for the treatment of autism are completely natural and safe, devoid of any form of harmful toxin. Hence, no side effect is caused on the body while undertaking homeopathic treatment. Using homeopathic measures for about six months will lead to improvements in a child’s autism symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
My wife has been diagnosed for Parkinson's Disease grade I in January 2016. We are finding that her skin gets dried up and she is getting wrinkles. She is 55 years old. We have been living on vegetarian diet with less oil and little spices and hotel food is limited. Anxiety and depressions are there due to this condition. Otherwise she is fine. Regular exercises and positive attitude has helped her to get rid of masking and her eyes are back to being bright. Please advise us on which high end creams she can use for face and arms. Also her hair is dull and dryness leads to dandruff. She is allergic to perfumes and hence we prefer neutral. We use hydrofil as a moisturizer. Also, we are using soap free face wash and soaps based on glycerine or from khade. Thanks in advance for your guidance.
I'm suffering from Migraine for last 1yr. My headache is continue from last 3 days and it remains until I took paracintamall (combiflam tablet). My sleep is totally disturbed I'm not sleep more than 3hours. Plzz. Give me a perfect solution.
Headache is one of the 10 most disabling conditions overall.Over all types of headache 47% are due to migraine and tention type of headache.The prevalence of migraine headaches ranges from 8.4% to 18%.In addition to individual morbidity ,it results in great cost to society.Migraine is more prevelent in female and tention type headache is evenly distributted among both male and female.
Migraine is initialy episodic ,occuring 2 or lesstime/weak.It usualy disturb daily activities of patient and may progress to chronic migraine. Tention type of headache does not disturb daily routine of patient.Poor socioeconomic status,education,female gender,less sleep,anxiety and depression may transform episodic migraine to chronic migraine.
Sudden onset bursting headache is bad and one should consult the doctor immediatly
Overuse of pain killels can also cause headache