Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Roshan L. PaisYour feedback matters!
I am a trader do 16 hrs I have to stay on bed. For trading and training. Now a days I am having severe back pain. I am using volini spray but it is not helping that much . So what need to be done? I was given some exercise too by someone. My question is the exercises the only medicine in this case? Or there are some medicines which could give me some sort of relief. Thank you.
Are you aware of a disease called osteoarthritis that is more likely to develop in case you are aging? Osteoarthritis is a disease, which affects the joints of your body. It occurs when the cartilages that protect and cushion your bones break down, causing swelling and pain, and may make you immobile. The chances of developing osteoarthritis increase with age as your cartilages start breaking down. Women who are beyond menopause are at a higher risk of getting this disease as they do not produce estrogen, which is essential for bone growth. There are several precautions you should follow for the prevention of osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. They are as follows:
- Manage your occupational risks
- Certain jobs involve repetitive motions, which cause stress on your joints.
- If your job or occupation involves a lot of lifting, twisting, kneeling, and walking, you should consult a doctor.
- It is important for you to undertake exercises of low impact, which is very crucial for improving joint health, even if you are aging.
- You should choose activities that involve strength training along with stretching and aerobic exercise.
- Regular exercise helps in the slowing down or prevention of osteoarthritis. It helps you in maintaining healthy joints, reducing fatigue and pain, increasing your bone and muscle strength, and relieves stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Excess weight is a primary risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. It causes extra stress on your joints that boosts the deterioration of your joint cartilage.
- If you are obese and overweight, your chances of developing osteoarthritis are more. Hence, you should lose extra weight for improving the symptoms.
- Although exercise is important for keeping your joints and muscles healthy, you should avoid overdoing them.
- Have a balanced lifestyle, and when your joints become achy or swollen, give them a break.
- Abstain from using your swollen joint for at least 12 to 24 hours after experiencing them. Letting your injured joint rest helps in reducing your risk of osteoarthritis.
- Fatigue increases pain in osteoarthritis patients, and hence you must sleep properly.
- Control your blood sugar
- Diabetes is considered to be an important risk factor for osteoarthritis in aged individuals.
- High glucose levels may boost the formation of molecules that make your cartilage stiff.
- Diabetes also triggers inflammation, and promotes cartilage loss.
- It is important for you to keep your diabetes and blood sugar levels under control for preventing osteoarthritis.
In spite of no specific cure for osteoarthritis, there are several ways of preventing and managing its symptoms. It is very important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, and also to try and keep away from becoming obese. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
From some days I have pain in my shoulder. I thought it is by the cold. But I covered my shoulder by ribbon. I kept for 15 days. But pain is constant. What should I do? Please tell me.
I am 26 years old and I have backache (disc problem l4, l5) last two years. I am not properly heavy pain please tell any suggestion.
I am 28yrs old male and am experiencing pain in my ankles when I sit on bed for some time or when I put some pressure at that place. What should I do?
I am20years old and still I have back pain and I also want to know that what is the symptoms of a normal viral flue and I want to also know that how to make strong our bones.
I am 82 years Male. Have for over 3 years tingling sensation on my left hand .diagnosed as CTS. It has now become acute and painful, besides stiff right shoulder.
I am a 23 year male. My problem is while in sleep I feel a sudden fit of pain on my legs. The pain is so much that I scream after waking up. I haven't tried any remedies till now. What should I do?
Dear sir I am a 27years old male. I have masturbation habit last 10 years. Now affect hand shivering that working time and back pain also. Please help me.
I am having frozen shoulder and very painful at night. . What should I do? any otc which will help me?
F-26, DelhiPreviously I had some severe drug reaction on my face, for the suppression of it, I took more than 250 oral tablet including many steroids. After this, I observed backache in thoracic region, but the pain became unbearable, I consulted with Dr, but everything is cleared in my reports, meanwhile I went for laser technique for muscle relaxant, but with this I got major pain and more stiffness in lumbar region too. Now the condition was so much unbearable to me. I had stopped my allopathic treatment and taking bakson homeopathic treatment. But my current situation is that, still I have stiffness and pain in my lower part of spine and tingling sensations in both legs start at anytime. My energy level is too low now and can't work properly. I am suffering from this since 1 1/2 years. Kindly suggest some solutions.
Hi Sir, My right leg side bone is fractured, before 50 days. 15 days I put plaster, after that I walked slowly. Still I have pain on the fracture area. My duty is in sales, I have to walk more and driving. What I will do?
Needle aspirations alone may lead to recurrence.
To prevent recurrence, it is important to excise the feeder channel located in the tail of the ganglion cyst, and remove the cyst wall in total.
Always send the tissue for histopathology.
My mother was arthritis problem from this problem she cannot walk properly even he cannot stand also so what is good for her.
I'm 22 yrs girl having severe back pain and right leg pain.I can't sleep well because of this. What should I do doc plss help me out. Even I m having sciatica pain.
Are you suffering from body pains? It could be Fibromyalgia!!
Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint disorders and irritable bowel syndrome.
Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always 'complaining of pain'
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain- Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back, neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue- Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties- These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc.
Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialized in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises,swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!