Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roshan Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Roshan KumarYour feedback matters!
I have back pain. Feel pain all over the back including upper and lower. I keep doing exercises and yoga but there are no benefits I have seen. Please help me out and tell me what should I do?
Hello Dr. I am suffering from lower back pain since a weak .There is stiffness in my back. I can't do even my household work. Please consult me.
Im a 18 year old male and last year I got my knee internally internally by due to hitting an object twice on same place. So now I face a pain in that knee whenever I do sit ups and some exercise with that knee aur even on walking for 30min I found my leg paining. So please advice me some solution. Thank you.
Low back pain (LBP) is very commonly seen in patients as it’s the fifth most common reason to visit a doctor. This is seen in almost 60-80% of people in their lifetime.
What Are The Causes Of Lower Back Pain?
It can be divided into following categories -
- Radicular Syndromes
- Radicular Pain e.g. Sciatica
- Spinal Stenosis
- Specific Spinal Pathologies
- Non-Specific Low Back Pain (NSLBP)
There are various causes of low back pain but often the cause is not clear. There are various factors which can cause or aggravate the low back pain. such as:
Can Physiotherapy Help In Reducing Low Back Pain?
Physiotherapy is very effective in low back pain. A physiotherapist can assess the cause and decide the line of treatment. The earlier you start the treatment better is the prognosis. Physiotherapy not only helps in reducing the pain it can change the pathology so the posture and also chances of recurrence.
Methods of treatment are-
- Manual therapy (hands-on mobilization of the joints in your back) - skilled physiotherapists use precise hands-on techniques, it relieves stiffness and improves movement of the joints and muscles of your spine.
- Movement exercises- Most physiotherapists advises these exercises, generally known as the McKenzie method. It decreases radiating or referred pain and restores motion. Physiotherapy is helpful in chronic low back pain also. These first two methods are beneficial in chronic low back pain.
- Strengthening and core exercises- It mainly works on core stability and endurance, which strengthens your muscles.
- Educating for prevention- It is very important to take care after the recovery also because there can be a recurrence of it. So, by taking proper care you can avoid the future recurrence of the low back pain.
- Restoring activity- In minor low back pain, it’s good to get back to your activity as early as possible. Now bed rest for long period is not advised. The more you get active it helps to reduce pain and the recovery is also fast in those cases.
By all these methods, you can easily come over low back pain. But it’s always important to consult a physiotherapist rather than treating by yourself. Because it can’t treat the cause it can just reduce the suffering temporarily. Only a physiotherapist can advise you appropriate exercises which will improve your low back pain. Also, can give you other suggestions which are right and safe for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!