Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Roshan DathYour feedback matters!
I am 35 old male .hight 5.1 fut .Wight 60 .mera left knee me pain hota he .doctor ne bola apko gasara chalu ho gaya he .please solution.
I am suffering from daily headache cough and lower back pain from 1 month. What should I do or what medicines I take?
I am 20yrs old and I am facing problem of numbness in my foot. Can you tell me the reason and exercises.
I am 58 years old male. I have c4-c5 disc osteophyte complexes indenting the thecal sac, l4-l5 posterior annular tear with mild posterior disc protrusion indenting the thecal sac, l5-s1 severe disc degeneration with disc height reduction. Diffuse disc bulge indenting thecal sac, end plate changes. I am unable to bear the pain at hip region which spreads down upto toes, pulling pain at left hand wrist radiating till little finger, and giddiness at times for a second or two. Kindly advice me for a relief.
Hello sir I have body pains and leg pains I don't have any medince for that pains daily I was suffer pains and clod please cure my problem.
I am 25 years old have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but had not get any relief. What should I do now?
Hi, my father is 56 yrs old and has a polio leg (left leg) since childhood he have also had a surgery long back. Now he is having severe pain in walking n standing bt still he is able to walk n do all his work. One more surgery is suggested by the doctors so that he could be at ease. I want to knw if there is any other option or suggestions regarding the same.
I have a back pain more than 4 months, doctor says that my bone is week. How can I solve this one Kindly tell me a solution.
I am getting back pain when I am doing work in front of my computer So what can I do for reducing my back pain.
Hey I'm 16 (M) and this is rather an embarrassing question but hope you guys could help, so I had this really sharp pain like I am passing glass pieces while I am having bowel movement. I think it's an anal fissure after I did a little research on the net a few months ago. It has been there a few months ago for about 2 weeks and then it stopped. And now it's back again after 3-4 weeks. The last time I had the problem I had used a stool softener and pain Medicine so it eventually stopped. Now the actual question is, the medical store told me that I could use "Omnigel- For fast relief from pain, sprain and strain" and he confirmed I could use it for my fissures. Can I use it for the anal fissures or is it just for external pain?
ACL Surgery is basically Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction, which is carried out for patients suffering from damaged ligaments which can lead to stiffness, pain and decreased mobility among a host of other symptoms and ailments. This kind of surgery aims at repairing the ACL with the use of grafts taken from other parts of the patient’s body. These grafts are used to replace the damaged ligaments.
Read on to know what you can expect in the recovery phase following an ACL surgery.
- Rehabilitation exercises: The rehabilitation process starts right after the surgery when the patient is given muscle strengthening exercises right after being wheeled back into the room from the operation theatre. These exercises will be given to the patient by the doctor or the physiotherapist who will show the correct way to do them and what all to avoid while doing them. Also, a gradual walking program will be started where the patient will first be helped when it comes to walking indoors, and then taken outdoors to practice walking on more natural terrain. Other motions can also be introduced gradually to exercise.
- Crutches: The patient may be asked to use crutches for a while right after the surgery. This is usually done to ensure that the body and the knees are strong enough to support full weight carriage and bearing without putting pressure on the newly operated region. Full weight bearing usually comes about within ten days after the surgery, and until then the patient is asked to take it easy.
- Knee extension: In the first few weeks after the procedure, the patient will experience swelling or inflammation in the area as well as some amount of trepidation when it comes to using the knee extension. The patient will be asked to do ninety degree knee flexicons before graduating to full knee extension gradually. In this phase, right after the surgery, the patient will also be encouraged to gain back control of the quadriceps as well as patellar mobility.
- Swelling: In the first two to three weeks after the surgery, there will be some amount of swelling. Usually, in the first two weeks after the surgery, the focus is on controlling and preventing any undue swelling and inflammation with elevation and ice.
- Strength and confidence: Once the initial three to four weeks are over, the focus will shift towards strengthening the core muscles with running and jogging for short periods. This will also improve the patient’s confidence in the restructured knee.
Ensure that you have a detailed discussion with your caregiver and orthopaedic specialist so that you are mentally prepared for recovery and rehabilitation.