Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Roshan DathYour feedback matters!
I have getting pain sometime in my back from some days Whenever I bend it started please prescribe me some medicine.
I am 24 year old male and haven't been able to bend my leg since 2 days. I fell down the steps but the xray is normal and doctors medicine doesn't work.
Hello sir I am aditya chouhan I am 25 years old man my legs paining and very tired in work daily sir my help me what I can do.
Pain in left arm not continue but any angle nerve or mussel, right arm sometime. Neck stiffness. Both they become stiff and painful what is this?
I have a query .I feel weakness in my knees & some times I also feel a very little pain. I want to know the reason of it. Is it because of deficiency of calcium ?
I was suffering from back pain and now observed that some blood is coming out with stool. Pls suggest.
Sir,just 20 days back I had pain in the neck,that pain was increases and passed on my left hand shoulder,after 10 days its passed on neck to shoulder to total left hand pain continuos and consult a Ortho doctor first he checked with x ray,given to me tablets no relief the pain,after 3 days I went to the same doctor again,he write for mri scanning,I took the scanning report and went to the doctor he said that the report was early degenerative changes involving the cerical spine. Diffuse symmetrical concentric disc bulge with posterior left paracentral and foraminal protrusion at c6-c7 level. Left neural foraminal borrowing with nerve root compression at c6-c7 level. And docter checked after he suggets you go to neuralagist. He will tells what to do after he checking. And also said to me opiration may be required.that is my problem please suggest to me what can I do now.
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains.