Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Roshan DathYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a severe neck pain from almost 3 months. U had been to 3 to 4 general doctors and they have given medicines but still that pain is not come down. Please suggest.
Sir myself 62 years old have frozen right shoulder, chronic pain in upper arm & shoulder since 2 month, done physiotherapy one month &one injection, no relief.
Hi Muscular pain in legs and dark circles below eyes also having headache cbc reports are normal. Hemoglobin is 15 please suggest what to do.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain.
There is pain in my back. I used to travel 4 hours daily by car due to which pain is increased. What should I do now.
My son have DMD duchenne muscular dystrophy. His CPK level is about 3000. How to decrease creatinine level? Any medicine is available for this disease?
I have an headache in one side only and also get pain in back of the neck. What is the remedy for it?
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 21 year old boy. I am having severe pain on my toes. As I have to stand continuously on my work. Can you please suggest me what to do.
I am 32 years old I have right shoulder pain I can't lift more then 3kgs object then what should I do?
I have been suffering from adult adhd (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and some form of depression for some years now. It is distracting me from career development and and my social life making me absolutely mentally paralyzed. The most active symptoms that I am facing are as below: 1. Concentration problem 2. Confused thinking 3. Facial muscle twitching and expressionless talking. 4. High speech disorder/mumbles 5. Lack of confidence 6. Sudden blankness during communication 7. Career/future anxieties 8. Sudden mood swings 9. Word salad during communication 10. Memory issues (very short memory) 11. Dullness/depression 12. Poverty of speech would really appreciate your help on this as is even developing suicidal tendencies in me and ruing everything.
Suffering from cervical spondylitis and lower back pain resulting in weakness and pain in left arm and leg.
I'm 28 years old female, I get fractured my right elbow before nine months radial head fracture, still I'm not able to stretch and flex my hand properly not having any trouble in doing work but it's too painful when in trying to stretch it, 30 degree loss in extension and 0 degree in flexion having my MRI and CT scan report.
I am 52year old regularly go for walk every day early in the morning but leave got back pain at lower part and also in joints of neck I use two pillows. Please guide me. Daily walk 1 hour. 5 kms.
I facing the problem of obesity and pain all joint due to office work please suggest me best option?
I am 17 years old boy. Of late I noticed that my bones make cracking sound (sometimes) whenever I make some movements. What can be reason for that? Moreover what's the solution?
I am 59 years old Man, I have been advised to avoid using stairs, Indian style toilet, sit cross leg ,etc due to knee problem (gap). Clinically also I feel weakness of bones. Could you please advise some medicines with doses, frequency and duration etc. Though ,Normally I do not have any kind of pain but feel little pain while using stairs and intense pain while I sit in Indian Style toilet.
The medical term used to describe a broken wrist is wrist fracture. The fracture might be in the 10 bones, which make up the wrist or in the radius. Some fractures can be serious while others may be tiny. The serious fractures make the bone unstable and these might require surgeries to cure. Open fracture is when the bone breaks and it breaks through the skin. This might cause an infection to the wounded area.
- Causes: The most basic cause of a wrist fracture is injury. Any fall on your outstretched hand and you might have to nurse a fractured wrist. This type of fracture is common among sportsmen. If you are suffering from osteoporosis, then you have a high risk of getting a wrist fracture. Traumatic accidents may also cause severe wrist fractures.
- Symptoms: The symptoms of a wrist fracture can be extremely painful. The pain escalates whenever you try to move your wrist or flex it, even if you are just flexing your fingers. Sometimes your hand or arm may even become extremely numb when you fracture the wrist. The muscles in the area become tender and swell up. It is almost impossible to move the wrist after it gets fractured. The fracture causes the wrist or rather the hand to appear deformed. The area around the fracture might even get bruise and a fractured wrist also affects the blood flow in the area. You might even injure your muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves.
- Diagnosis: To confirm and check the level of severity, you are generally asked to get an X-ray done. In order to get a more detailed look at the fracture, you might have to undergo CT or MRI scans as well. Usually to treat a fracture, you will have to wear a splint and move your hand as least as possible. But keep moving you're your fingers otherwise they might get stiff. Your doctor will inform you from when you will be able to move your wrist. Until then try to keep your movements to the minimal.