Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Roopa T VYour feedback matters!
Hii doctor. Im a pregnant of 5th month. From 3 days I'm facing have gas problem. Hevy gas with bad smell some what sound comes inside the stomach then gas with bad smell. Not able to please pls help. Daily morning I'm taking pan-d table from the day of pregnancy.
Hi, I am male 29 years old My wife's water broke on 01/08/2016. We did scanning on 03/08/2016. The doctor told that labor will start soon. The water was blowing every day. We waited till 10/08/2016. A slight pain started in her back on 11/08/2016. We rushed to hospital. After 3 hours we had a still born baby. He was our first baby, a boy. We are very upset. The weight of the child was 3.5 kg. We want to know the reason of death of my baby. How can I expect a healthy baby next time. And what are chances to repeat it again?
We intake and exit air through nose. It says a lot of things.
You will not see that both nose are open same time. Means both are working simultaneously.
If you feel hungry and see right nose is open and exchanging air. Then you take lunch and dinner. You will get no indigestion. This is the right time to take food.
When you are going for a auspicious work, at the time of going out from home check which nose is open if right then put right leg first our of the final door to go out. You will be successful. If left nose is open then wait a few while to get open right nose because they open alternately.
This is a bit away from health but never eat food when left nose is working you will get indigestion definitely. Just wait when nose alternates.
Never drink any cold drinks, it will damage your liver handsomely.
If you feel thirsty in road do not drink roadside water in tank. It may cause hepatitis or typhoid.
To quench thirst take tea without milk. Safety for health. Or drink fruit juice if available./ green coconut water preferred. It is god's gift for us.
If you take a bath before sunrise all your stuffy mucus settled in last few hours in sinus plexus. Will dissolve and will not render an attack in next 24 hours. Only for stuffy nose.
Running nose people are having bacterial toxin (generally tb) received from parents. And have a shortage of calcium phosphate in body. They are very intelligent/ witty and weak throughout the life. And always suffer diseases due to having ulcerative background. But easily curable.
Mosquito repellant and injudicious smoking.
In today's age I found mothers having very poor knowledge about baby-care. These babies are unfortunate. Example -
In room mosquito coil is burning and baby is inhaling the poison. Mother came to me and told lot of symptoms of baby. I presume and know the ill effects so in my prescription I wrote "no coil 200" Ultimately these babies will be an asthma patient in future due to ignorance of his mother.
So do not burn coil at night while sleeping. This is as good as murdering others.
And for men I request never smoke in front of any children in your home or outside to murder him half. There must have a law to put these people in court for criminal activities.
Do not mind this is true/let we come and work for a better and healthy society and let these children live a disease free life in coming days.
Hello doctor I am 9 weeks pregnant I have constipation from 4 days my stool is hard what can do for this please suggest some thing.
I'm 22 years old(male).Have some problem during the time of intercourse.The skin of my penis do not open.What is the solution?or what kind of medicine i can use?
Health benefits of ghee
Energy booster: the wide range of fats that compose ghee include medium-chain fatty acids, which are very useful for the body and can be processed by the liver and burnt as energy, not passing into adipose tissue or contributing to weight gain. For athletes or other people with active, high-energy lifestyles, ghee can provide the necessary burst of energy that you might need to get through a particularly challenging day!
Allergy issues: since ghee is dairy-free (having had all of the dairy residue simmered off), lactose intolerant individuals or those who cannot consume butter are free to enjoy the flavorful treat of “butter” in the form of ghee without worrying about the gastrointestinal problems that normally follow.
Heart health: although most people associate butter with fat and a decline in heart health, the rich variety of fats in ghee can also provide a healthy boost to the heart. Omega-3 fatty acids can help decrease your levels of unhealthy cholesterol and provide an energetic balance to your fat intake.
Reduce inflammation: ghee possesses butyric acid, which is one of the most beneficial short-chain fatty acids that the body needs. Butyric acid has been shown, in recent research, to actually decrease inflammation in parts of the body, particularly in the gastrointestinal tract, and is now a recommended dietary addition for some people with ulcerative colitis. Furthermore, ghee enemas have long been used in traditional medicine for inflammation of all kinds.
Antioxidant activity: the health benefits of vitamin a are widely publicized and the power of carotenoids in terms of eliminating free radicals in the body are extremely valuable. When you add the antioxidant capacity of conjugated linoleic acid and butyric acid to the power of vitamin a contained in ghee, you have a powerful anti-cancer substance that could help reduce oxidative stress throughout the body.
Eye health: the significant levels of vitamin a in ghee make it ideal for protecting eye health. Carotenoids are antioxidants that specialize in eliminating and neutralizing the free radicals that attack the macular cells, thereby preventing macular degeneration and the development of cataracts.
Immune system booster: butyric acid, perhaps the most important element in ghee, has also been linked to the stimulation of t-cell production, which are the heavy-hitting cells of the immune system. In other words, ghee can supercharge your immune system in addition to all of its other health benefits!
A final word of warning: all of the benefits mentioned above make ghee sound like an ideal substitute for butter; however, as mentioned a number of times, ghee is made purely of fat, so excessive consumption of ghee can dramatically change your fat intake and can act as a negative dietary choice. Be careful about your intake and study the fat content of the ghee you choose to consume. Also, speak to your medical professional to ensure that your fitness level can handle a shift to a higher fat diet.
1. Eases stress
- Epsom salt can help you calm down when you are feeling stressed. Stress drains the body of magnesium and increases adrenaline levels.
- Magnesium plays an important role in the release and uptake of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical in the brain. This creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation while also reducing anxiety, irritability, insomnia and abnormal heart rhythms.
- Add 1 cup of epsom salt to warm bath water.
- Soak in it for 20 minutes to feel more relaxed and sleep better.
- Take an epsom salt bath about 3 times a week to enjoy a stress-free life.
2. Aids detoxification
- Epsom salt can assist in eliminating toxins from the body. The magnesium in epsom salt is required for detoxifying cells. It also helps detox the body of environmental contaminants that can potentially cause ill health.
- To enjoy a relaxing detox bath, stir in 1 to 2 cups of epson salt in a bathtub filled with warm water and soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes, 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Relieves muscle cramps
- Epsom salt can help treat muscle cramps and relieve sore muscles after workouts. Magnesium effectively eases pain and reduces inflammation. This in turn promotes muscle relaxation and healing.
- Make a thick paste of epsom salt and hot water. Apply it on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes to get soothing comfort.
- Another option is to soak your body in a tub of warm water with 1 cup of epsom salt for at least 20 minutes.
- Your muscle cramps will likely heal after one application or bath. If needed, repeat the process the next day.
4. Eases aches & pains
- Epsom salt can help alleviate symptoms like pain, swelling and inflammation. Magnesium helps regulate the ph levels in the body.
- This in turn reduces stiffness, inflammation and pain associated with any form of arthritis, including gout. It helps in bone mineralization as well. Plus, epsom salt promotes nerve functionality and soothes nerve pain.
- Add 2 tablespoons of epsom salt to hot water.
- Soak the aching body parts in it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do this up to 3 times each week.
5. Adds volume to hair
- Epsom salt is also healthy for your hair. It can add body to your hair, remove excess oil from your scalp and keep your scalp healthy. Plus, it can remove the buildup of hair products on the scalp that cause problems like thinning hair, hair loss and oily hair. Also, the minerals in epsom salt help repair and strengthen damaged hair.
- To make a volumizing hair mask, mix equal parts of a warm deep conditioner and epsom salt. Apply it on your slightly damp hair. Leave it in for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cold water. Use this hair treatment once a week only.
- If you have oily hair, add a little bit of epsom salt to your shampoo and wash your hair as usual. Do it 2 times a week only.
6. Exfoliates skin
- For healthy and smooth skin, it is essential to exfoliate properly once or twice week. This helps get rid of dead skin cells and remove oil from skin pores that can cause itchiness, pimples, blackheads and other common skin problems.
- You can simply rub a handful of epsom salt over damp skin to remove dead skin cells, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Another option is to mix a handful of epsom salt with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub it all over your wet skin to exfoliate. Rinse thoroughly.
- Use either of these treatments on a weekly basis to make your skin healthy, smooth and soft.
7. Treats sunburn
- Epsom salt is very soothing for sunburned skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties alleviate mild sunburn irritation like itchiness and pain. It can even help maintain an even skin tone.
- To treat sunburned hands and legs, mix 2 tablespoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of water and store it in a spray bottle. Spray it on the affected area. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then take a bath. Do this several times a week to notice improvement.
- Another option is to fill a bathtub with lukewarm water and mix in 1 cup of epsom salt, stirring thoroughly so the salt crystals dissolve properly. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil and soak in the water for 20 minutes.
8. Alleviates foot problems
- Be it athlete’s foot, foot odor, dry foot, pain or any other foot problems, epsom salt can be used to treat these issues. Also, its natural exfoliating properties will help soften rough and callused skin on your feet.
- To get rid of foot odor or relieve symptoms of athlete’s foot, add ½ cup of epsom salt to a foot tub filled with warm water. Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes once daily until the problem is resolved.
- To treat toenail fungus, soak the affected toes in hot water mixed with a handful of epsom salt 3 times a day until you get rid of the problem.
9. Improves heart health
- Epsom salt also improves heart health. The magnesium helps maintain a normal heart rhythm and healthy arteries. When the arteries are healthy, there is less risk of blood clots, plaque buildup and damage to arterial walls.
- Also, epsom salt improves blood circulation, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Enjoy an epsom salt bath 3 times a week to improve your cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of heart attack.
10. Improves digestion
- Epsom salt assists in the elimination of harmful toxins and waste products from the body and the digestive system. It also works as a laxative to soften stools, making them easier to pass, and can be used to treat constipation.
- Dissolve 1 or 2 teaspoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach once a day. When taken internally, epsom salt can cause some side effects, including gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Consult your doctor before taking epsom salt. Do not take it longer than 1 week.
- Also, soaking in an epsom salt bath helps reduce water retention and tummy bloating.
Hello, my periods are irregular from 3 months, and also from three months too much hair loss. Is it PCOS? If yes please tell me what to do?
My wife got chicken pox during last week of her 2nd month of pregnancy we don't want to take risk so decided to do abortion but our family is highly Orthodox they are not at all interested to do abortion. Please give advice what to do for healthy baby birth.
Hi doctor, I am tharani got married since 3 years. No baby yet. Taking treatment from past 1 yr. Irregular periods. Started taking ovacare tablet from last cycle. This month I didn't get my periods still, it's 40 days. Will ovacare tablet helps me to get pregnant or it delays the period. Pls help me.
I am 26 years old .i am having thyroid having points 5 which should be below or upto 2 said doctor. I need pregnancy. What precautions should be taken and go for pregnancy. Kindly advice.
Hello! Hi. As per doctor's instruction we did an urine pregnancy test for my friend with sugar. Initially the sugar get settled down in 1st min. And within a period of 7-8 min it gets dissolved completely. What does it mean? I am askng dis to confirm pregnancy only not for diabetes.. Pls give proper guidance.
Sir I have asked you but you didn't reply I said sir I have warts in mouth and vagina as well how can I get rid of them please suggest me any medicine please sir I am so depressed.
Hi ,I don't know what is my weight after my post pregnancy my belly increase and even weight now my baby is 2 month so can you suggest me any tablet or something good please help me I am very much scared.
I am 33 years old, I want to know that if I am not using condom and taking Viagra while having sex with my pregnant wife. Are there any chances of side effects to my wife.
Hello Doc, On 16 July Me and My girl Spent some love moments together but did not do intercourse, just done touch, rubbing from out side with use of protection. After that of 9 days on 25 July she got her periods too. And then we did not do anything. But now (in august) her periods are not coming. Its being 6 days over of her date. What is the reason. Any chance of Prag? Does it need to prag test? What should we do? Please help.
We are all looking for ways that will help us to lose weight quickly. But while trying to lose weight in a hurry, we should ensure that the various measures we are taking to lose weight are safe too. Best dietician in india says that,to lose weight quickly and safely, a proper plan is needed. Here are a few things that you can do that will ensure weight loss quickly as well as safely:
- Cut back on the junk
Junk food contains lots of empty calories that make us to put on weight. So, if you wish to lose weight quickly then you must totally cut back on the junk food. Eat healthy instead. Instead of having junk, eat a healthy home-cooked meal. This will help you a long way in losing weight.
2. Plan your meals
Make a plan of what you are going to eat. Planning your meals will help you in keeping track of all the food that you have had and all that you are going to have. The meal plans should be calorie controlled. You can make use of the internet for this purpose or you can also refer various books that will guide you in planning meals effectively.
3. Increase water consumption
Increase the amount of water that you are drinking daily. Drinking lots of water is associated with weight loss. Drinking a glass of water before your meal will make you fell satiated and hence you will consume fewer calories during the meal.
4. Consult a nutritionist/ dietician
A doctor or a dietician will guide you better on what to eat when you are trying to lose weight. They can help you make a better diet plan that suits your body.
Being productive physically is very important to lose weight. Make it a point to exercise at least 5-6 times a week. You can go for a walk or a jog. Or you can join a sport that you like. Or you can go cycling. Yoga and other exercises can also be performed. Work out for at least 45 minutes to an hour daily.
Best dietician in Lucknow says that, follow the above tips to lose weight quickly and safely. But most importantly, be a little patient.