Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Roopa SriYour feedback matters!
Sir I m suffering from cough pls which tab have take and now I m taking sinarest ccp and mahaflox 400 My throat is itching and mucus is coming out.
Hello sir, I'm having problem since last friday (more than 8 days). Earlier it was cough problem which resulted in fever and cold as well. When visited doctor, he said it is throat infection which causes the issues. Slowly, cough was gone but it resulted in dry cough and a little pain in throat (when asked doctor I was told, its dryness of throat due to medicine. I should be taking significant amount of liquid and was given chewing tablet and some anti biotic as well. But day before yesterday, I was having some bleeding along with sputum when I was getting steam and doing intentionally intensive cough in morning and problem occurred again today. I'm bit scared. The bleeding is occurring frequently and is almost 25% of sputum. Doctor earlier said it might be because of rubbing when I was getting steam. Please suggest me what should I do. Thanks in advance!
I am having listening problem in my right ear and the doctor says that it is weakness of nerves And you can not listen properly till you are not using ear machine.
My left ear is getting warm like there is something inside my ear generating heat often when I use the ear phones?
Tonsils are the two oval-shaped tissue pads at the back of your throat, which function as a mechanism to protect you from diseases. Any infection of the tonsils is referred to as ‘tonsillitis’.
You can suffer from tonsillitis at any age, but it is more commonly diagnosed in children. Tonsillitis is highly contagious.
There are two types of tonsillitis:
- Chronic tonsillitis— Longer episodes of acute tonsillitis
- Recurrent tonsillitis— Recurrent episodes of tonsillitis in a year
Tonsillitis can cause viral and bacterial infections. The ‘Streptococcus (strep) bacteria’ is a common cause. Some other causes include:
- Influenza virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Parainfluenza virus
- Herpes simplex virus
Since tonsillitis has various causes, symptoms too tend to differ. Some symptoms include:
- An extremely sore throat
- Painful or difficult swallowing
- Scratchy-sounding voice
- Bad breath
- Stomach aches
- Stiff neck
- Neck and jaw tenderness due to inflamed lymph nodes
- Tonsils that become swollen and red in colour
- Yellow or white spots on the tonsils
In children, symptoms such as excessive drooling, increased irritability or poor appetite are usually noticeable.
If the tonsillitis is mild, especially caused by a virus, it usually doesn’t require any treatment. More critical cases of tonsillitis might require treatments such as tonsillectomy (a surgical process used to remove the tonsils) or administration of antibiotics.
Penicillin is the most commonly administered antibiotic. Once commonly performed, tonsillectomy (surgical removal of tonsils) is now reserved for extremely critical cases. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.
Myself kaushik from Tripura. Now a days I feel dizzy, tired, don't like to eat. Pl. Give sum advice what should I do?
I am a 35 years old male and I am suffering from bad cough in upper nose part above nostril and mouth, my throat always remains full of cough and get filled immediately once I clear it. It also cause a swear pressure in my eyes and head, due to which my mind become tired and also have a lot of fatigue and tiredness in my body. I was also operated for sinus in 2013. Please advise how to get well.
Hi I am 43 yrs old female, there is a hole in my left ear, I am scared to do surgery. Please suggest.
I hve itching n pain in my ears from nearly 3 months. It increases when I use headphones. Please suggest some ear drop to stop itching n pain.
I have throat pain since last two month consult ent doctor no relief some test and mri has been done one year back should I go for mri again or suggest some other wayout.
Feeling itching and fluids coming from ears while using ear phone? Is Cleaning the ear is a solution?
I am a 22 years old man. For the past few days I am having a little headache and nose bleeding. What could be the reason and how to cure it?
I am 27 years old, living in middle east, and always in ac, when I woke up in morning my throat is fully dry even my mouth also. I thought bcoz of snoring, but I doubt bcoz of ac or any problems from it.
After quitting tobacco my face, ears and throat itching and burning also ears paining can it gone by it's self or need to consult to which doctor can be please guide me.
Sir My name is nikhil. My age is 25. I have problem while walking little bit too much I feel like I am not getting breath properly. I feel pressure over my throat area. As if something is obstructing my breath. And I feel my body shakes from inside Actually it's happing from past 3 months. And I have also done MRI test it shows a spondylolisthesis at L5&S1 level and mild spondylosis without disc herniation, thecal sac.
My nose is sharp and little long compare to normal nose. I want to make Plastic Surgery on my nose. please inform me the estimate cost and clinic located in West Bengal.
1. Relieve sinusitis: when the air is too dry, sinuses don't drain and function properly. According to many ent experts, adding humidity to the air is generally good for sinus health especially if you're regularly suffering from congestion and sinusitis.
2. Heal faster: whether it be a cold, asthma, or allergies, a humidifier keeps your nasal passages lubricated, which helps speed up the healing process when you're under the weather. For people with bad allergies, there are humidifiers that are specially designed to purify the air as well.
3. No more nosebleeds: another reason keeping your nasal passages moist and lubricated is essential is to prevent nosebleeds. If you're regularly experiencing nosebleeds due to your dry climate, it's worth a try. Many people have found that it makes a huge difference.
4. Alleviate snoring: the moisture from a humidifier keeps the throat from drying out and relieves the intensity of that annoying snoring sound. If you or your partner is a snorer, the added bonus is that (at least) one of you will be sleeping more soundly.
5. Support beautiful skin: soothe dry skin by sleeping with a humidifier on through the night. In the morning, you'll notice not only that your face looks more supple but also that your hands and lips don't feel dry and dehydrated.
Before you go out and purchase one, learn about the differences between warm and cool-mist humidifiers.