Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Roopa Sibi SekharYour feedback matters!
Intimacy with your loved ones is always preferred and is a wonderful experience, however, at times your bodily needs are not aligned with your partner's need, in such cases you can easily explore your body through masturbation. Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your desires, which is healthy as well as beneficial. Here are some of the most common misconceptions and the truths behind masturbation.
Myth: Masturbation doesn't provide any long term health benefits.
Fact: Many experts believe that masturbation can be good for your health. Some of the health benefits that it provides include improved concentration levels and better sleep. It also helps in relieving stress and headaches as your body releases endorphins (brain chemicals), which give you a sense of well-being. Apart from that, masturbating regularly ensures better fitness levels and a youthful appearance in men. For women, it offers certain sexual health benefits such as less pain during sexual intercourse. This happens due to the interaction between brain receptors and the endorphins, which help in reducing your perception of pain. Furthermore, it can even reduce vaginal dryness.
Myth: There's no limit to how much you can masturbate.
Fact: According to the American Psychological Association, you should stop masturbating if it affects your daily life; causes emotional problems or physical soreness; disrupts your relationship with your partner or makes you unable to have orgasms from the stimulation that you experience with your partner. Otherwise, the frequency of masturbating can vary from individual to individual. If you masturbate a number of times in a day and still lead a healthy and satisfying life, you have nothing to worry about.
Myth: Masturbation makes you go blind.
Fact: Masturbation cannot make you blind. Studies conducted on this point of contention haven't been able to find a link between masturbation and blindness. On the contrary, these researches have gone on to reveal that individuals who masturbate 4 times daily or more for years haven't been found to suffer from any diseases attributed to masturbation, including blindness.
Myth: People in relationships do not masturbate.
Fact: Whether you're single or in a relationship, masturbation is a healthy sexual activity that you can engage in to fulfil your sexual desires. Studies show that masturbation is a very common behaviour; about 92% of men and 62% of women masturbate. Sometimes, couples also engage in masturbation together as part of their sexual activity.
Sir please understand my fearful situation. My question is y didn't I get periods yet and the ejaculation on my vagina without intercourse and also d periods arrival on DAT day .may I know It Do not make any pregnancy ?please answer. I am a virgin n no intercourse yet but The thing bothering me is whether the ejaculation affects my periods are late by 6 days now .please help me out?
I have a severe breast pain and not getting periods. Pregnancy test is negative. Periods are 15 days delayed. Have taken sysron-n for 5 days but no periods yet. Its the 5th day after medicine is over and breast pain is increased, sore nipple. Please help.
Useful Tips to Keep Young Athletes Injury Free
- Be in proper physical condition to play a sport (a pre-participation sports physical examinations can be very useful in screening for potential problems)
- Know and abide by the rules of a sport
- Wear appropriate protective gear (for example, shin guards for soccer, a hard-shell helmet when facing a baseball pitcher, a helmet and body padding for ice hockey)
- Know how to correctly use athletic equipment (for example, correctly adjusting the bindings on snow skis)
- Always warm up before playing
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid playing when very tired or in pain
Hello, my spouse had one blocked tube at left side. We are trying for pregnancy since 1 yr. But unfortunately we could not get it, so finally we approached a gynecologist, she made HSG test and confirmed that Left side tube is blocked and suggested us to go for IUI. As per the suggestion we went under IUI treatment for last month (Doctor confirmed with scan that egg is being released from Right side, hence proceeded for IUI), but that was not successful. This month something repeated the egg is coming from right side so went through IUI treatment yesterday. And I have good motility and sperm count. 1.But what could be the reasons for IUI failures, what is the success rate of IUI? 2. Doctor also suggested to go through laparoscopy for clearing the block. Is that possible with laparoscopy? Does it have any side effects like causing ectopic pregnancy? 3. And also suggest us the good precautions to get it success and good food after IUI procedure. thank you.
I had my period on 20th May and again on 4th of June is it possible I have it again on 20th of June. Please help me out.
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium Phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in Homeopathy will help the patients get relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hello Doctor, I recently got married, from that time, on wards I am not feeling healthy frequently suffering from fever. I got herpes infections and urine infection. I really do not know what is wrong with me? before marriage, I didn't suffer from fever these many times and I didn't get one infection also. Could you please help me how can I take precautions. My blood group is A and my husband blood group is B .Please tell is there problem with any blood group.
Today with the rising instances of cardiovascular diseases, people have become really conscious about their heart's health and want to opt for items that promote good health. Oil is one of the most important components in food that is almost unavoidable so it is recommended to educate yourself about the different kinds available. Mustard oil is an age old oil that is used to cook almost all types of foods in India and then there is refined oil which is processed to meet the customers' needs. It becomes difficult to choose an oil that is actually beneficial to your health.
Mustard oil is derived from mustard seeds which is a little pungent and dark yellow in color. It is widely used as cooking oil in India. It is known to contain healthy fats that do not accumulate in the blood vessels and is also a source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and decreases the cholesterol level. Mustard oil has Glucosinolate, an antimicrobial ingredient that provides protection from infections.
Refined oils are natural oils which have been processed to remove impurities, odor, and contaminants. They are chemically treated to make the oil look clearer and cater to the customers' preference. Not many health benefits of refined oil are known apart from the fact that it is rigorously treated to meet the needs of the customers such as refined oils for heart patients. Filtered oil, on the other hand, is made by only eliminating impurities without being chemically processed which is better than refined oil.
Though generally mustard oil is regarded as healthy, researchers have found its downside too. Mustard oil has considerable amounts of erucic acid and heavy consumption may cause diarrhea or anemia. It is also known to cause skin eruptions and Rhinitis. It is recommended to consume moderate amounts of mustard oil so that you don't expose yourself to such risks.
Refined oils have much more harmful effects on your health than mustard oil. To begin with, the very fact that it is chemically treated makes it quite harmful. The process of refining involves nickel which has detrimental effects on the skin, respiratory system and liver. Preservatives and sodium hydroxide are also added during the processing which is harmful to the digestive system.
It is always better to go natural; so, mustard oil wins the debate but not without some glitches. It is advisable to choose your oil wisely and also monitor your consumption.