Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roopa Sibi Sekhar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Roopa Sibi SekharYour feedback matters!
Ladies after menopause should compulsorily take calcium and Vitamin-D supplements. Is it necessary? I am 44 now & menopause at 42. My current serum calcium lvl - 9.0 & 25-OH Vitamin-D - 25.7. Very often I used to get joint pains. Intake of calcium & Vitamin-D tablets will cause side effects. Please advise.
Natural remedies for general weakness:
- Soak 8-10 almonds and 1 teaspoon rice overnight. Remove the outer skin of almonds and make a fine paste. Mix in some milk and a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi). Boil in water and drink this with sugar candy (mishri) or ordinary sugar to taste.
- Take mango slices. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon honey, a pinch of saffron (kesar), cardamom (chhoti illaichi) and rose water (gulab jal) on it. Take twice daily.
- Do 10-15 minutes of warm up and stretching exercises in the morning before leaving for work. This will help to keep you fresh and prevent tiredness.
- Never skip your morning breakfast.
- Take a break from your daily routine. Set some goals in the day to perform. Learn to delegate work as too many things together can be a cause for fatigue and tiredness.
- A warm shower after work or before going to bed is also helpful.
- Avoid cigarette smoking, alcohol and tobacco as far as possible.
- Avoid burning the candle from both the ends by sleeping late and getting up early in the morning. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
My wife her upper body is weak but her lower body is healthy. Why this happen. She is also suffering from acne problem. And face is so weak but his thighs are heavy why.
यदि माँ को शिशुओं को दूध पिलाने में परेशानी हो रही है | यदि माँ को दूध नहीं आ रहा है | तो बहुत जरूरी है माँ को खुश रहना | इसके साथ-साथ माँ को मन से महसूस होना चाहिए कि उसका बच्चा भूखा है, यह एहसास माँ को खुश रखने में सहायक है, जिससे माँ का दूध बढ़ेगा |
I am suffering from periods problem. I had a sex with my bf on 9 july after my period came 21 july to 28 july then august and sep. They didn't come and I had check pregnancy test in 2 times its negative. please tel me I am pregnant or not.
I get ejaculated early and my boyfriend remains unsatisfied. Is there a safe sex booster pill for girls in indian medical stores?
Mera name meena h me 5 months se pregnant hun maine 20 days pehle ultrasound karbaya tha jisme AFI 7.35 aaya tha jiske liye Dr. Ne dawai di thi or alsmin sn bhi chadai thi abhi phir karwaya to AFI 5.22 aaya he ye kam kyu horaha he me bht pareshan hu pleas mujhe sahi salaha dijiye.
Hi Sir/Mam, My friend is married and now he is 31 it is been 18 months and from last 10 months he is trying hard to have a baby but no success he has done all the tests and everything came positive and his wife test results also came good. So in the course of showing to one doctor he said there is some PUS cells are present in his semen so that is the reason they are not able to conceive. So I kindly request you to provide a solution on how to decrease the PUS cell and increase the chances of having a baby. Kindly suggest what food has to be taken to increase the good seaman count He used to smoke and drink alot and now he has reduced to 1 cigarette per day and trying to quit smoking.
She is having white discharge problem. She got regular menstrual Cycle on 2nd July 2017 Did not got on 2nd August. She want to be pregnancy. kindly help. She has Diabetes, thyroid, obesity.
I have miss my period and I have done pregnancy test at my home one line got dark and other was light. I do not want to get pregnant. I want my period to come. Can I take regestrone tablet to get my period.
I had unprotected sex and took an Emergency contraceptive approx. 33 hours after. 9 day after this started bleeding even though my period is not due for at least another 6 days. Internet says it's breakthrough bleeding but it says that happens even when you are pregnant and now I am super scared. What are the chances I got pregnant when I had sex for like 7 minutes and nobody climaxed?
After missing periods in how many days should I check m preg means if I missed periods on 27 april after how many days I check the test that m preg n wat r d early signs of pregnancy.
I have PCOD (Poly cystic ovary disease. I am seeing a doctor but I don't see any improvement in my health. I have irregular periods from the beginning. What should I do?
Hi I and my gf were just sleeping together covered my penis with a handkerchief and was rubbing near her back my penis was touched on her vagina and my sperm was released inside the hanky close to her vagina I am worried about pregnancy problems can it be possible ?it has been 15 days to this, if yes pls tell about the solutions I am afraid to tell my parents or her's.cause pregnancy? If yes pls help about the solutions it has been 15 days and I am afraid to tell to my parents to her's .pls answer.
Contrary to popular belief, not all bacteria are harmful to us. Within our body, each 'human' cell is complemented by 10 microbial cells. These range from bacteria in the gut to viruses and fungi in other parts of the body. Gut bacteria help us to digest food, produce vitamins, communicate with the immune system and create small molecules that help the brain to function.
Thus, it is essential to have a healthy gut, by which we mean a gut with plenty of friendly bacteria. There are many different types of bacteria living in the gut. Each of these thrive on different foods. Thus to have a healthy gut, your diet should include a variety of cereals, fruits, and vegetables, etc. Here are a few tips to keep your gut bacteria healthy.
- Increase your fiber intake: A diet that is rich in fiber is the best way to promote the growth of diverse microbes in the gut. This includes fruits, vegetables, beans, lentils, cereals and nuts. Fiber also helps prevent constipation and has been linked to lowering the risk of cancer. To prevent the buildup of gas and bloating it is advisable to increase intake of fiber and drink plenty of water with all your meals.
- Include probiotic foods in your diet: Probiotics need not only be taken in the form of supplements. This can easily be incorporated into your daily diet. These can be defined as live bacteria and yeasts that help the digestive system. Yogurt is one of the most common sources of probiotics. Kimchi or fermented vegetables, miso, cheese, buttermilk, fermented condiments and lentil sprouts are other examples of probiotic foods you should include in your diet.
- Try having some carminatives in your meals: Carminative foods soothe the digestive system of the body. Some common carminatives are cumin, ginger, oatmeal, cardamom, cinnamon and fennel. While cumin helps with the digestion of black beans, cooked oatmeal lines the stomach and soothes it.
- Eat weight loss friendly food: Being overweight not only affects how you look, but also affects the digestion process. When you lose weight one of the first things you would notice is a lowered amount of abdominal discomfort as your gut begins to feel healthier.
This is because weight loss lowers the pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter. This does not allow the valve to open more than necessary and hence prevents food and stomach acid flowing back into the esophagus. Along with increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables, switch your cooking oil to olive oil and notice the difference.
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- Implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- Cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- Miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- Ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- Molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- Problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- Uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- Premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- Vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.