Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roopa Shet
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Roopa ShetYour feedback matters!
Human sexuality is a complex subject and most knowledge floating around in the world is often misguided by myths and wrong assumptions. One of the things, which worry men the most is their size of their penis, and information about this subject is often fraught with misinformation. Let's take a look at some of the facts that have been published in scientific medical journals within the medical community and come from legitimate sources.
The average penis size:
Studies done around the world, irrespective of race has shown that the average size of the human penis is about 3 to 5 inches flaccid and 5 to 7 inches erect. There are deviations to this as well, but this is the norm in over 90 percent of the cases. Medically a penis is only considered small if it is less than three inches in size when erect. This is a condition known as a micropenis. Penises tend to fall into two categories as far as erect sizes:
I. Growers: The ones who have a flaccid smaller length but tend to grow much more proportionately and thus have a much larger size after erection.
II. Showers: These are men who have larger flaccid sizes but don't grow proportionately as much after achieving an erection.
If you have an erect penis which is 5 to 7 inches long, then you have a normal penis as do most of other men. Most women have stated that they were happy with the partner's size, but what mattered to them more was how it was used. Also some women reported that the girth of the penis was more important as friction on the side walls of the vagina made them feel more pleasure.
The mechanics of sex:
Although there are some women who may like the visual appeal of a bigger penis, most women can't really tell the difference between a 5 inch and a 7 inch penis when it is inside the vagina. The fascination with a bigger size is mostly cultural, social or hyped up by the media. Most women want a variety of sex acts to help them reach orgasm and very rarely reach orgasm only through penetrative sex. Size only matters to an extent if the penis is much below average, but in most cases what matters is the capability of the person to satisfy their partners through other means as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Regular headache from pst three yrs Sharp pain in eyes Pain in leg Gastric prob Excess weakness High bp lik 100: 150 Some says its all due to bp someone said its nerve pain Mind is also not working properly.
Can hep b ever be negative? I am suffering from hep b from last two years. My liver reports are normal.
Please Doctor Mujhe diabetes ke bare me acche se janna hai and isey control kese ker sakte hai? Kis tarah ki diet lene se ise roka ja sakta hai? Please tell me Doctor I really needed some tips.
While injuries of any form can be painful, burn injuries are one of the worst to suffer from. While cuts and bruises can be temporarily assuaged with a proper dressing, burns are quite different in this regard. With burns, the damaged tissues will stay on the body and may cause continuous pain. Thus, burn injuries are difficult to treat and they require different strategies for pain management as well.
Treatment methods available for treating pain arising due to burn injuries
- Apply an anesthetic cream or aloevera gel to soothe the burnt skin. Avoid exposing the skin to air as that will cause painful sensations.
- Loose gauze or antibiotic ointment must be used to protect the influenced area.
- Soak the burnt area wound in cold water for about five minutes or more.
- If the burn escalates or affects a widespread area, seek medical attention immediately.
Pain management factors for burn injuries:
- Relaxation: During the phase of recovery, burn injuries put immense stress on your body and continue for a long period. Muscle tension is caused by stress that increases pain. Some relaxation techniques are proven to be beneficial to reduce the stress on body.
- Coping with your pain: Different people have different ways to cope with physical discomfort. Look out for situational aspects which are currently under your control and take it positively. The ‘what ifs’ or wishing that the burn didn’t occur in the first place will not help with your current situation. You should focus on things what you can control like self-rehabilitation, doing your daily exercises, physical therapy treatment or following a doctor’s suggestion of pain management strategies. This will help you cope with your pain to a greater extent.
- Sleep medications: If your normal sleep routine is hampered, consult your physician for safe sleep medications. Proper sleep is very important for the healing process and even more so in the case of burn related injuries.
- Antidepressants: Some people may not be suffering from depression, but they might still need antidepressants for relief and sound sleep. A health care provider might prescribe antidepressants as a way to deal with acute pain from burn injuries.
- Increase the pace of your activities: If you want to rebuild your health and stamina and get back in form soon, focus on the regular physical and mental activities. Exercise regularly, but don’t push yourself too much. Increase your physical activities gradually over time. Unless and until you are fully comfortable, don’t strain yourself too much. Occupational and physical therapists can help you with an appropriate activity program. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.