Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. RoopaYour feedback matters!
From last one month I getting body pain I don't know y it is just am taking paincullar tablets. Please suggest me.
What could be the best remedy for stress and depression? I am a student and I am diagnosed with depression but I don't want to depend on medicines.
I have difficult concentrating and i think my brain gets tired quickly? Will vitamin b12 injections help?
Hi, From last few days I've been suffering from pain in my veins from my neck to kidneys. Whenever I eat something after sometime I start feeling the pain. What could be possible reasons?
Do you want to know what makes Bill Gates not just a mega-successful businessman but also a great human being? Well apart from outstanding business chops and an IQ of 160 of course. It is his attitude to life in general. If you want to see your child touch the peak of success personally and professionally, the apple of your eye should have certain integral personality traits. Here’s how you can effectively imbibe them in him/her. And there’s no better day to get started than today, the Microsoft founder’s Birthday!
1. Make your child a fighter.
We’ve often heard Bill Gates exhorting people to not give up despite the odds against them. “Life is not fair, get used to it” is his golden mantra. When your child seems down and beaten, always be there to support and encourage him, just like Gates’ parents were there to nurture his dream of computer programming from their club’s funds.
2. Inculcate traits of sensitivity and warmth.
A life lesson Gates champions is that of giving back to the society through his notable charitable endeavours such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. So how do you teach your child to realise his dream in this highly competitive world without losing his compassion? The answer is simple; encourage your child to perform small, daily acts of kindness like donating part of his pocket money, helping an elderly to cross the road or feeding the poor.
3. ‘No’ to shortcuts. ‘yes’ to patience and honesty.
Bill Gates is a strong believer of hard work. He’ll tell you that you need to work hard to realise your dream with shortcuts being a no-go. If your child is tempted to indulge in shortcuts, do not hesitate to gently admonish him. To be patient and honest consistently is hard even for us adults. Nevertheless, make yourself a role model for your child.
4. Stay humble.
One of the reasons behind the immense success of Microsoft’s founder is that he sees great opportunities even in the smallest and lowliest of work. “Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity” He’s famously been quoted time and again. If you want your child to climb the ladders of success like this monumental man encourage him to get his hands dirty. You could begin with getting him to help out in household chores to get your point across.
5. Learn to learn from your mistakes.
The man of wisdom strongly advises to teach your child to learn from his mistakes. Whenever your child does something wrong, give him some time and space to understand his mistakes so that the lessons learnt remain with him for life. If the lesson turns out to be positive then the mistake made was worth it. In time, your little tyke will no longer depend on you or others to correct his mistakes. We’ll be looking at a self-sufficient person in his own right.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Dear Sir, I am a 36 year old male. I have chewing tobacco habit (i do not sallow) for last 20 years Please let me know what type of testing/screening I need to take to now disease at earlier stage and also Please let me know how to stop chewing tobacco Waiting for you helpful answer - Thanks, Sreedhar.
My sister' s right hand shivers when she does any kind of work. It has also become weaker. The problem has emerged since last one year or so. Her age is 45+ years. Regular medication also doesn' t help. Please suggest any other treatment or medicines for curing or controlling this problem. I think it is a case of essential tremor, but some docs say its parkinson' s disease. Does parkinson' s disease afflict people before 50 years. Please help with your expertise.
A stressful life increases the cortisol content in our body, which in turn is responsible for increasing our craving for food. Often these cravings are more inclined towards sweets. An increased sweet consumption worsens our mood and is responsible for an array of complications such as obesity, diabetes etc. On top of this, the cortisol releases an enzyme called cortisone, which further increases the cortisol content in the body. In order to avoid this complication which results from a stressful life, here is a diet that will keep you in good state:
- Asparagus: Asparagus has is an ideal low-calorie option. Its high folate content helps to keep the body cool and composed. Asparagus can be consumed with salads or in the form of crisp and broiled snacks. Regular intake of this will go a long way in keeping you healthy under stressful situations.
- Avocados: One single serving of avocado can do good to your body. This creamy fruit has enough glutathione to block intestinal absorption of many kinds of fat. Avocados are also rich in folate, vitamin B, vitamin E, lutein and beta carotene. However, owing to its fat content, too much intake of this fruit doesn’t prove to be very beneficial for the body. This can be consumed as a whole or along with sandwiches and burgers.
- Berries: All kinds of berries are extremely rich in vitamin C, which is known to be a very effective combat for stress. Blueberries are one of the best antioxidants that occur naturally. Apart from this, berries also have the unique ability to reduce cortisol in the body. 3-4 berries can be included in the diet to experience immediate results.
- Cashews: There are a lot of misconceptions about cashews contributing to fat. While they possess fat, they are a great source of protein as well. Cashew is a rich source of zinc that is responsible for combatting stress, depression and anxiety. 2-3 pieces of cashews can be consumed on a daily basis.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea has a soothing effect on the body. A study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania showed that Chamomile tea greatly helps in fighting stress and has a calming effect on the body. A separate study by the University of Maryland Medical Center showed that Chamomile Tea helps in getting sleep.
- Garlic: Garlic is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes the free radicals in the body. Allicin is a critical compound found in garlic, which helps to fight against common cold, heart diseases and even cancer. Garlic also fights against stress and maintains calm. This can be consumed with your meals on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.