Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roopa
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. RoopaYour feedback matters!
I am doing gym and I'm smoking too shall I stop smoking and what should I eat and my weight is 80 kg so what should I eat to be keep proper body fitness.
1 yr. Ago, I had a very soft voice because of which most of the times people think that it's a girl on a phone although I am a boy. So, I strained my voice by Hardening it, Because of which my voice is very harsh & broken now. And I keep stuttering when I sing a song specially a rap song which was not at all a issue for me at that time. So, I just wanna know how can I improve my voice quality and Speak fluently, clearly and fast.
Sir, I have the habit of smoking habit that so many problems have not been able to leave. Please leave the habit of IT and give advice.
Sir, I am fully depressed I have fever from 4 day but every evening not would happen but night I have fever. Sir what I do please help me.
I am 24 years old and I get tired easily, I am unable to remember much things. I forget them sooner. This makes my work and many more things uncomfortable for me to deal with. More than that I get sad or I tend to worry too much about my future I am unable to socialize since I was raised in a very worst past with no care from my father and mother.
I have problem of loss of memory. Facing from last few months. I cannot recall any work which I have done yesterday or last weak. M facing hair loss also. For that m taking homeopathy medicine. I am too short tempered anger is on the tip of my nose. I do physical workout daily. I cannot concentrate on my studies. Need to know how to resolve this.
Teenage is a critical period in a person's life when the body goes through a sea of changes, both physically as well as mentally. For most teenagers, it is a period to explore new terrains. But the teenage period can also be associated with what people dread the most. Teenage depression, stress, and anxiety are on a mercurial rise. The World Health Organization shares a disturbing statistics whereby 1 in every 4 Indian teenagers (between 13-15 years of age) suffers from depression and the associated complications. Heart-wrenching is the fact that in many cases, the depression ends in suicides. Efforts should be made to nip the problem at the earliest.
What causes depression among teenagers?
The teenage depression can stem from the factors below mentioned:
- As you step into adolescence, your body goes through hormonal changes. The mood swings, stress, and depression can be an outcome of the hormonal changes.
- Teenagers subjected to bullying and harassment (schools, society, friends) can also suffer from depression.
- A failed relationship can also act as a trigger driving the person into depression.
- Increased and repeated pressure to excel both academically as well as in extra curricular activities can also take a toll, resulting in depression.
- Depression can be a hereditary trait. Thus, teenagers who have a family history of depression (immediate relatives) are more susceptible to suffer from the condition.
- At times, teenagers under peer pressure can go astray, taking to smoking, drinking or substance abuse. All these unhealthy lifestyle habits can play a pivotal role triggering depression among teenagers.
Signs and symptoms indicating depression among teenagers
Teenagers suffering from depression may exhibit one or more of the following visible signs and symptoms.
- A sudden change in behavior. The teenager may get agitated and short tempered at small instances.
- Their self-confidence goes for a toss.
- Many teenagers with depression cut themselves off from the outside world. They start avoiding interacting with people as much as they can.
- They get overcome with extreme emotions (cries even at small instances).
- There may be changes in eating as well as sleeping habits.
- Lack of concentration.
- In extreme cases, the person may even exhibit suicidal tendencies.
How to deal with teenage depression:
Do not neglect the situation if the teenager is suddenly exhibiting a changed behavior. Talk to them. Try to find out the cause of discomfort and anguish.
- Parents should not pressurise their children. Appreciate their achievements, no matter how small. Never demoralize or compare your kids with others.
- If your child is avoiding people, try to find out the reason behind their behavior.
- If the child shows suicidal tendencies or is into unhealthy lifestyle habits, seek an expert help immediately. Your timely intervention can save your child from taking any drastic step.
- Meditation and exercise can go a long way to lift up the mood and spirits of your child.
- Treat your child with love and affection. This is what they need the most.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!