Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roopa
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. RoopaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, is it difficult for me to conceive through Ivf, I am 40 yrs old female with normal hormonal essay and healthy lifestyle. What are my chances of conception and how many cycles should I go through to get result?
How can I tight my breast dr? After my pregnancy delivery it is so loose and unfit so pls suggest any home remedies for this to tight thank you.
I am 28 year old guy, in 2013 when I was preparing for competition exam I was attacked by anxiety due to which it effects my sleep and I was consuming libo tyrp 10 mg. Doctor advised me for this you have to quit your drinking habits as it rise the anxiety problem. However from 2016 jan I suddenly realize that I no more want medicine now as I can sleep without it. My question is though I am not taking any medicine for 6 months and my sleeping problem is also recovering. But sometimes when I drink than next day I feel restless or become uneasy . Should I quit drinking forever , and is my anxiety problem is finished.
Age 38 yrs, prolactin 1.2,TSH 3.54,thyroglobulin 14, AMH 6.8 ,wt is 56 kg else all other reports normal. Six months marriage. Is there any fertility issue? Progesterone on 21 day is 40.
I ve been feeling a mild burning sensation in my vagina and vulva area and I have no idea what it is. It burns when I urinate. I went to 2 different docs and they tested me for yeast and fro bacterial infections and everything came back normal. This just started out of nowhere. I don; t have any discharge and everything LOOKS normal but I still have the burning. I feel it sometimes in my anus area as well but mostly in the vulva. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
I'm 22 year old. On March 3rd 2016 I delivered baby boy, it's c-section operation. After 2 months my regular periods stopped for 4 months. Suggest me something. Is it OK.
Sir, we are trying for a second child past 3 months. Now our doctor prescribed ubiphene 50 for 5 days. But no tests or scanning was done on me before prescribing. I have a very regular cycle of 30 days. Is it safe to take ubiphene for me? I am very scared that it may lead to multiple pregnancies.
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My wife monthly periods are coming in 40 to 45 days, please advise why it not coming on time. And white thick liquid comes out in normal days, please advise what is the reason for that, is it any problems.
My wife has done ultrasonography today. There found. Ovaries: Right overy is enlarged (71×55 mm) with few (3 in no.) well defined anechoic cysts, largest measuring 37×26 mm Left overy is normal in size (38×18 mm) with a small cysts measuring 17×12 mm. IMPRESSION: bilateral Iberian cysts as described. Now what will I do. Plz, suggest me.
I have pcod and thyroid, taking treatment for thatrecently in scan I got to know I have fibroid of 1 cm and taking medicine for that form 1 month. Will fibroid cure with medicine?
My period date is 20th of Oct. But I got my periods today at least 1 week earlier. On 12 n 13 Oct I was feeling weak n I puked 2 days n today on 14th I got my period. I had intercourse with my boyfriend on a regular basis 2 3 times in a day. Is there any chance that I am pregnant n this bleeding is not my periods may be the sign of something else.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance
Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems
One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities
Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements
There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors
These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.