Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoopaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am having a serious problem. I wants a baby now. But Its not happening though I am trying since 3 years to conceive my wife. What may be the reasons? The cyclic period of my wife keeps on changing. Some time 15 days, 25 days, 40 days even. Other than that we don't have any problem. Please give me all possible suggestions regarding this matter.
I am pregnant. What food I should have to take? For healthy child. I will be thankful to you for this. Please advise.
I am 24 year old and I am 5 week pregnant and we did ultrasound but there is no heart beat? what should I do?
My friend is 25 years old she got married and she don't have a child still but she has a problem that when her husband press her breast milk will come outside what is the problem.
I suffered from stomach pain during periods. what I should do? and I also feels geedy during that time.
I am 29 y old. My weight is 70. My organs are working like 47y. How you loose weight and get healthy.
I am 45 year female I am not getting my menstrual periods from last 3 months pls advise any medicine.
I am 32 years old. My baby 7 years old. Before 2 month I decided abortion. After abortion my period continue but don't stop. Suddenly I am change the doctor and start the new medicine. Now I am very depressed. Kindly send your suggestion.
Hello, It's to know about ovulation date. Regularly periods used to occur 30th or 1st periods cycle will be 28-30 days. Only last month periods delayed till 7th. Now how to calculate ovulation date? Example last few periods date apr30, may 30, July 7 let me know the ovulation date please?
My wife is 43 years old she is heart patient and taking ditide tab, now she is not getting menses Utrual cycle from last two months. We checked through I can pregnancy test it was negative with one bar. What to do? I am scared.
Dr. pregnancy ke liye fertile time period mein ek din mein kitni baar or kitne din tak sex karna jaruri hai. Or last month meri wife ki date 20ko ayi thi aur vo 10 days late thi. To is month uska fertile time period date kya hogi.
I am an unmarried woman. I have not got my periods fr 2 months. Got brown discharge fr 2 days last week. Previously had normal cycles. Had a similar problem during my exam preparations 2 years back. Now also I am preparing fr my pg entrance. Wat to do next?
Whenever I put my penis in vagina ,I jerk off. please tell me how can I have sex for at least 30 minutes without jerking off.
Heavy bleeding during periods, slows during lying position but high speed flow on getting up. What is da problem.
He has hsv2, is it chronic disease or not, if it is chronic, how he can participate in sex without effecting to his partner and her pregnancy.
I am having pain in nipples and breast from 1 week even after breastfeed. Even not able to feed properly. What should I do?
Reasons for spotting during pregnancy and what you can do about it
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting.