Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roopa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoopaYour feedback matters!
How many hours a pregnant women sleep and a mother after few months of delivery. After delivery there is no continuous sleep for women how we overcome it.
Zinc is chemically a metal and a trace mineral with multiple health benefits. It is required by the body for a number of functions in small quantities on a regular basis. Some of its important roles include improving immunity, hormone production and promoting digestion, controlling inflammation, tissue growth and repair, etc. to name a few. It also helps in controlling free radical production and therefore has anti-inflammatory effects in reversing heart disease and fighting cancer.
About 5 to 8 mg of zinc is needed by a person per day, with smaller children needing it in the lesser range and women needing more of it. Natural sources of zinc include animal rich protein foods like animal meat and seafood. Dairy products, legumes, pulses and whole grains also contain good amounts of zinc. Modern-day foods contain added zinc and therefore are good sources too, though their availability and utility value for the body remain a question.
- Zinc improves immunity i.e. the body produces T-cells when there is an infection or foreign body. These T cells also help in controlling and regulating immune responses and in people with zinc deficiency, the immune system is suppressed putting them at risk for infections and illnesses.
- Zinc has a great role in maintaining skin integrity: Delayed wound healing is one of the first symptoms of zinc deficiency. People could also develop chronic ulcers or wounds. There is increased bacterial growth (reduced immunity), increased inflammation, and reduced re-epithelialization, all leading to poor skin health and delaying wound healing.
- Zinc is essential for healthy gut function and it is one of the best remedies for diarrhoea. Deficiency can lead to leaky gut syndrome.
- Zinc reduces free radical damage, which is responsible for chronic inflammation. Including an adequate amount of zinc in diet can reduce this inflammation, leading to preventing heart disease, reducing the incidence of cancer, etc. It also is shown to prevent cellular damage in the retina, thereby reducing the incidence of macular degeneration.
- Zinc is essential for proper growth and development. Zinc deficiency is shown to produce shorter stature, anaemia, and delayed sexual maturation. During the growing years especially, it is very important to provide an adequate amount of zinc for the body, either naturally or through supplements.
- Fertility and zinc also has a strong correlation. In males, it affects both the quantity and quality of sperm production. The sperm count was shown to improve with zinc supplementation in males who complained of low sperm count.
- Controlling memory is another function of zinc. It determines how neurones talk to each other, which is essential for transmission of signals across the brain and formation of memory. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I recently had unprotected sex with a female partner for a week, she told me that she only had sex a couple of times with only one partner, but later I found that she had multiple relationships before with 7-8 guys, all of them had sex with her, now I am worried about std and hiv, aids, etc, what should I do? What precautions should a person take before having unprotected sex i. E without condoms?
1. Lowers cholesterol
#papaya is rich in fibre, #vitaminc and antioxidants which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries. Too much cholesterol build-up can lead to several heart diseases including heart attack and hypertension.
2. Helps in weight loss
Those looking to lose weight must include papaya in their diet as it is very low in #calories. The fibre content in papaya leaves you feeling full and also clears your bowel movement making your weight loss regime easier.
3. Boosts your immunity
Your immunity system acts as a shield against various infections that can make you really sick. A single papaya contains more than 200% of your daily requirement of vitamin c, making it great for your immunity.
4. Good for diabetics
Papaya is an excellent #food option for diabetics as it has a low-sugar content even though it is sweet to taste. Also, people who don't have diabetes can eat papaya to prevent it from happening.
5. Great for your eyes
Papaya is rich in vitamin a which helps protect your vision from degenerating. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see due to diseases like age-related macular degeneration, and eating papayas will ensure that you do not see a day where you cannot see.
6. Protects against arthritis
Arthritis can be a really debilitating disease and people who have it may find their quality of life reduced significantly. Eating papayas are good for your bones as they have anti-inflammatory properties along with vitamin c which helps in keeping various forms of arthritis at bay. A study published in annals of the rheumatic diseases showed that people who consumed foods low in vitamin c were three times more likely to have arthritis than those who didn't.
7. Improves digestion
In today's times, it is nearly impossible to avoid eating foods that are bad for your digestive system. Often we find ourselves eating junk food or restaurant food prepared in excessive quantities of oil. Eating a papaya daily can make up for such occasional mistakes, as it has a digestive enzyme known as papain along with fibre which helps improve your digestive health.
8. Help ease menstrual pain
Women who are experiencing menstrual pain should help themselves to several servings of papaya as an enzyme called papain helps in regulating and easing flow during menstrual periods.
9. Prevents signs of ageing
All of us would love to stay young forever, but no one in this world has managed to do it. Still, healthy habits like eating a papaya daily will prolong the process and may make you look 5 years younger than you are. Papaya is rich in vitamin c, vitamin e and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent your skin from free radical damage keeping wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay.
10. Prevents cancer
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids that prevent your cells from undergoing free radical damage. Some studies have also linked the consumption papaya to reduced risk of colon and prostate cancer.
11. Help reduce stress
After working hard for the whole day, it is a good idea to come home to a plate papayas. The wonder fruit is rich in several nutrients like vitamin c which can keep you free from stress. According to a study conducted at the university of Alabama, found that 200 mg of vitamin c can help regulate the flow of stress hormones in rats.
My husband's fasting blood sugar level is 158mg/dl, post prandial sugar level is 199mg/dl. We are trying to conceive for more than a year. Is this sugar level a problem?
Pressing breast tightly while having sex will it have problem to my girlfriend Does sucking n pressing breast tightly cause cancer?
These days I am having constipation and frequently gets tired. Frequently I want to pee and it make me feel pain in my vagina. I have regural sex with my husband but I used pills to control. But i am confused since my period is delay and I have only 1day. Am I pregnant?
I am five month pregnant. I think so that time I am not ready to take responsibility of mother. First complete education then. Sir, what can I do . to remove my pregnancy .what is the best decesion advice me how can remove my pregnancy.
What is pcos/pcod?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) or polycystic ovarian disease (pcod) is a very common issue affecting about 10-20% of young women of child bearing age group. It consists of development of cystic structure or multiple cavities containing fluid within the ovaries. Because of multiple cysts in ovaries give rise to various problems related to hormonal imbalance.
Who are prone to get pcos?
Though not clear, there are various risk factors that can be associated with increased risk of pcos. These include obesity (body mass index >30), family history, some genetic issues, taking various medications like antiepileptics (used for seizures), stressful life and physical inactivity.
What are signs and symptoms of pcod?
You must look for following symptoms and consult a physician if you are getting these:-
- Irregular and longer periods
- Increase in weight
- Unable to become pregnant (infertility)
- Growing hairs over body
- Increased urination, thirst
How pcos is diagnosed?
- Doctor will look for all the symptoms of pcos mentioned above and may ask you to do various laboratory tests like:-
- Transvaginal sonography (to see for multiple cysts in one or both ovaries)
- Hormonal blood tests (tsh, antimullerian hormone, fsh, lh, androgen levels)
- Urine examination
- Blood glucose levels
- Hysterosalpingography (hsg) if infertility is a problem. Hsg will tell whether fallopian tubes are patent or is there any block that is causing infertility.
What lifestyle changes are helpful in pcos?
Pcos is a growing problem and many a times associated modern lifestyle that causes weight gain and increased chances of getting pcos. Mainstay of management of pcos is having healthy lifestyle habits. A patient of pcos should try these lifestyle modifications to prevent harmful effects of pcos.
- Regular exercise (walking, jogging, roping)
- Yoga and meditation
- Avoid oily, frozen foods
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Avoid stress and worries as possible
What are treatment modalities available for pcos?
After diagnosing pcos, physician may first tell patient to have healthy lifestyle and diet modifications. There are many ways to treat a patient of pcos.
Oral contraceptive pills- regularize your menstrual periods and prevent growth of excessive hairs over body. Oc pill may not be advised to women who are trying to conceive and undergoing treatment of infertility.
Metformin- is a medication generally used in diabetes mellitus is also useful in treating pcos as it treat insulin resistance (a common issue in pcos patients that lead to diabetes). Metformin also help women reducing weight.
Treatment of infertility: In pcos infertility is a common issue and most often may resolve after treatment. There is problem in ovulation in pcos, hence physician may prescribe medicines that enhance your ovulation. Clomiphene 50mg starting dose from day 2 to day 7 of menstrual cycle is very commonly used medication to induce ovulation. Ovulation monitoring by sonography or by using ovulation kits is performed to check whether ovulation is occurring or not. Fsh may also be used for maturation of follicles that leads to ovulation. In-vitro fertilisation (ivf) is used when other medical treatment for infertility and lifestyle modification failed to work. Surgery to drill multiple abnormal cysts may be performed rarely. Acupuncture may be useful but no any clear-cut evidence.
So, if you are having any symptom of pcos, consult your physician at earliest and get it treated. Always remember to have stress-free and healthy lifestyle habits which is of utmost important in managing and preventing pcos.
Mindfulness is increasingly being incorporated in exercise regimens. People want more than just a sexy body, and want a space to develop mindfulness whether that is breathing meditation affirmations etc.
- If under 40 years hold stretches for 30 seconds and above 40 holding it for 60 seconds as reaching 40 muscles become less pliable, so it needs to stretched longer.
- Sit-ups increase range of motion which makes abdominal muscles work harder and longer
- Pull the belly button towards spine and hold for 10 seconds while breathing normally and repeat for five times, as this will strengthen the core muscles within.
- Make sure gi (gastrointestinal tract) is healthy because as it absorbs nutrients. And take vitamins fibre minerals a probiotic and water. And drink at least two to three litres of water a day.