Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoopaYour feedback matters!
Post pregnancy, you may experience pain due to multiple reasons. However, such pain might subside within a few weeks, but still it is advisable that one should be prepared prepared for all kinds of discomfort post pregnancy, such as the pain you endure while breastfeeding or the epidural pain. If you have undergone surgery, then there may be pain due to surgical incisions as well. One should keep herself hydrated all throughout and be patient while trying to deal with such post pregnancy pain.
Managing pain depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. Below is a summarized account of the different types of pain one might go through and how to come out of it.
- Incisions: In case the delivery occurs by the caesarian procedure, you might have to endure pain from the incisions. The pain generally lasts till all the incisions heal, so you will require pain medications to get relief from the pain.
- Uterine contractions: The uterus needs to return to its normal size after the delivery. The pain from these contractions tends to increase with subsequent pregnancies. Like incisions, pain medications will be administered to help you get relief from the pa
- Vaginal dryness: A woman’s vagina tends to be dry while she is breastfeeding. This can cause pain if you want to indulge in sexual intercourse. In this regard, lubricants (preferably water based) are a good way to treat vaginal dryness.
- Engorgement of the breast: When a woman starts lactating, her breasts tend to become fuller and thus, cause minor but persisting pain. A breast pump (used to extract milk from a woman’s breasts), in this case, can relieve you of such pain.
- Back pain: Pregnancy related stress and strain can often lead to back pain. This back pain usually stems from holding the baby and breastfeeding it. If it so happens, you can consider changing your posture while breastfeeding and taking warm baths twice a day to get rid of the backaches.
- Joint pain: There may be pain in your joints such as the one in your wrists, hands and feet. This usually occurs due to all the chemical changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy. Pain medications and stretches can help ease this sort of a pain.
- Pain in the legs: Post pregnancy leg pain is caused because of all the fluids that are administered intravenously. Once the content of fluids in the body reduces, the pain tends to subside. However, any sign or symptom of blood clots or visible redness in the legs might warrant medical attention at the earliest.
- Headaches: This is the most common type of pain that can result from a pregnancy. Headaches are caused due to hormonal imbalances, insomnia and stress that you may experience. It is advisable to not take any pain medication in this regard as painkillers can interfere with your bodily hormones even more, given that headaches are usually not something to worry about. Drink plenty of water and try to get ample rest; this should take care of the pain automatically. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I am 22 years old girl before one year I sleep with my boyfriend and we had sex. Now my family member finds have done my engagement with somebody else and after one month there is my marriage but I have loose my virginity [broken seal][encounter] so can it be join? One doctor told me to take stitches I am afraid what to do if my husband came to know that I am not virgin. please help me.
My periods has started on 13 th April at 11 am. And ends at 17th April at 11 am. And now 19 th April today I was wake up in morning blood has there in my cloths. When it happens didn't know. But now no problem. And 18 th April I was vomited. I don't know what is the symptoms shown. And main thing is last month on May 28 I eat my boy friends semen. And he put his fingers to my vagina. And last month periods was start on 20 th may. Now why this symptoms shown. Periods over after one day blood has come.
My wife is pregnant. She is feeling hungry. But unable to eat anything. She is also feeling nausea, debility.
Respected Doctor Sir/Madam, I am a 28 year old male, me and my wife who is 25 are trying to have a baby from last 3 months but have not been successful yet. I was taking finasteride tablet for hairloss and have quit it 4 months ago as I came to know it can reduce male fertility. My semen is also not pure white but it is somewhat thin and watery. While my wife's discharge volume is also low. Should We try for some more time or do We need to get a fertility test very soon? Are there any home remedies for fertility enhancements for both male and female. What are the methods and aprx costs of clinical fertility enhancements. Your guidance and inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi. I am 23 year female. I had a laparoscopic surgery for the removal of a paraovarian cyst. The surgeon only removed the cyst. The cyst was sent for histopathology. I am very scared. Please tell me what is histopathology and it's use? Can the cyst will be malignant. Please help.
I've getting curd like discharge from my vagina. What is the cause for it and please suggest me what should I do to prevent it.
Hi, I am 5mth pregnant women. From my breast some liquid come on while when my hubby press them and next day its pains a lot. What is that liquid come n y its pain? And what can I do to relief that pain, can you tell me some home remidey, I do not want to take any medicine . Thanks.
Hai, my sister she was 7 months pregnant in th month when we went for check up we have seen that her sugar levels was raised ,for confirmation glucose tolerance test was advised ,in this it was confirmed .so doctor advised to consult dietician and dietician .so my question will there is chance to control sugar level would baby have any problem, would birth will be healthy generally it is gestational diabetes ,aftr giving birth diabetes will control in mom.
I am 20 female I have a lot of problem in removing my vagina hair my skin is so sensitive in dat part so I can not shave and even wax it every time I take my mom help to do it but now I am in hostel how to do it without getting pain I am in my period now and it is irritating me can I remove my vagina hair now.
Hi I'm 35 years 6 months I'm taking ivf treatment for which they said to take Provera 5 mcg tablet My periods r irregular & I got thyroid problem for which I take levothyroxine 100 mcg & pcod problem but I don't take any medicine for that but d problem is after taking Provera for 7 days after 9 days I got one or two drops of blood & little bit of brown discharge is that a period or any serious problem please let me know.
Boil water with 20 to 30 neem leaves in it and use this water for hair bath, this beauty tip is very useful in clearing dandruff problems.
People who eat fruit and #vegetables as part of their daily diet have a reduced risk of many chronic diseases. Usda's my plate encourages making half your plate fruits and vegetables.
Vegetables are an important part of healthy eating and provide a source of many #nutrients, including potassium, fiber, folate (folic acid) and vitamins a, e and c. Options like #broccoli, spinach, #tomatoes and #garlic provide additional benefits, making them a superfood!
Potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Dietary fiber from vegetables helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
Folate (folic acid) helps the body form healthy red blood cells. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant and those in the first trimester of pregnancy need adequate folate to reduce the risk of neural tube defects and spina bifida during fetal development.
When it comes to health benefits, green tea has been an undisputed winner for a long time. It is a must have for all health conscious people. For many people, the day starts and ends with a cup of green tea. However, of late, its position and popularity have been challenged. With its health benefits, white tea is slowly but steadily finding its way into the lives of people.
Now the obvious question is; which one of the two (green tea or white tea) is better? While some loyal fans swear by green tea, others have genuine reasons to opt for white tea. To know more about their benefits, one first needs to know, what are green and white tea?
Green tea and white tea are both extracted and processed from the same mother plant, Camellia sinensis. White tea is manufactured using the young buds and leaves. Green tea, on the other hand, is manufactured from the older leaves of the plant.
Also, green tea undergoes more processing compared to the white tea. In the case of green tea, the leaves are first withered, followed by steaming or frying (pan frying). Next, there is rolling, shaping, and finally drying of the leaves. In the case of white tea, the processing is simple and involves steaming followed by drying of the leaves.
The health benefits of green tea Vs white tea
- The antioxidant capacity: Both green tea and white tea contains a phytochemical, Polyphenols, which has antioxidant properties. In addition to the weight management, this antioxidant is known to protect the body from cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, and even cancer. Research suggests the phenolic content, and subsequently, the antioxidant capacity is higher in white tea as compared to the green tea.
- Protection from UV rays: The harmful effects of UV rays are known to all. Research suggests that both green and white tea are at par (photoprotection ability) when it comes to protection from the harmful UV radiation.
- Anti-carcinogenic property: When it comes to cancer-fighting ability, white tea earns the brownie point. Undergoing less processing as compared to the green tea, the antimutagenic and the anti-carcinogenic properties are higher in white tea.
- Mood enhancer and stress reliever: Many studies suggest that white tea has a slightly higher caffeine content compared to the green tea. Thus, white tea will have a better soothing and refreshing effect than green tea.
- A younger looking skin: Both white and green tea play a pivotal role in slowing down the aging process. However, White tea contains a higher content of polyphenols (due to less processing) and is believed to have a better ability to prevent the breakdown of the elastin and collagen than green tea. The EGCG or EpiGalloCatechin Gallate (lowers the aging process) is also higher in white tea.
- Weight Management: When it comes to weight management, both white and green tea exhibit almost similar effects.
- Anti-inflammatory property: The anti-inflammatory property is slightly higher in white tea than green tea. White tea, thus, helps to suppress the activities collagenase, elastase, and oxidants (enzymes responsible for Rheumatoid arthritis) better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.