Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoopaYour feedback matters!
What is safe days for sex after starting of m c period date to avoid pregnancy. If mc period cycle is 28 days?
Hii. I am 29 year women. From last month I saw some symptoms of pregnancy in myself but my period not missed. So I think is everything is o. K. But nowadays I feel faitgueness AND feeling of vomiting, not vomiting. And my abdomen is became fatty. Give me right suggestion to what I do. Please.
I have menstrual problem. I want to conceive now but due to irregular periods I am not able to conceive. I also have multiple folicules problem. Please suggest the best option so that I can recover early from this.
I am 28 years old. I was having regular periods but since few months although the cycle is on time but the bleeding is less on the first day excess on the second and 3rd day, spotting on 4th day, less bleeding on 5th day again spotting on 6th day. My blood level is low from past 5 years. I had also check for pregnancy test but it was negative. Please advice.
Puran Poli – Healthy or Unhealthy?
Gudi padwa is around the corner, this festive season is incomplete without puran poli right. Puran poli is a classic maharashtrian delicacy. It is a pan-griddled sweet bread stuffed with split yellow gram (channa dal) or red gram (toovar/arhar dal).
It has various regional names like paruppu poli in tamil, holige or obbattu in kannada, ubbati in konkani. The taste also varies from region to region. It is sweet and is circular like a parantha. It is a festive dessert. The stuffing is called puran and the parantha-like bread is called as poli.
But. Hold on if you think puran poli is bad think again every food has its merit and demerits, the key is to maintain moderation.
Puran poli is supposed to be a high cal food, right. It is upto you to make it healthy, use whole wheat flour instead of maida, use ghee sparingly.
Lets look at its merit:
- Puran poli made with whole wheat flour is rich in complex carbs, fibre, gives b complex vitamins, certain minerals. Dals as we all know gives give good amount of protein, what you all will be surprised to know is that this combination of cereal i.e. wheat flour and protein from dals will provide you with good quality protein, which can be compared to egg which is considered as high biological value with almost 100% bioavailability i.e. of excellent quality. This combination provides all the required amino acids which are building blocks of protein.
- Futher it has lot of jaggery which contains iron, cacium, potassium, phosphorus, it is releases energy slowly, as it is digested slower than sugar. Further jaggery also aids in digestion, as jaggery breaks and becomes alkaline in the digestive system.
- Addition of green cardamom powder, saffron, nutmeg powder, mace (javantri) powder which have essential volatile oils, boosts digestion and are antispasmodic, carminative, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Go ahead and enjoy this festive delicacy, but keep it as festive delicacy and do not gorge on it, it is to be enjoyed only during festival season.
Enjoy gudi padwa with puran poli.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods or no periods (for that matter) can cause is something that every woman is aware of. It is normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but is a concern if this absence persists over long period of time. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of other possibilities as well. They also should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn upset menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in menstrual irregularities since enough estrogen is not created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and have infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that the body weight is regulated.
Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your menstrual cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases. Their elevated levels may impair functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
3. Excessive Physical Exercise:
While regular workout is advisable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce less estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhoea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
4. Breast Feeding:
Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant.
5. Food Allergies:
Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly affect hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands. That’s why; they can influence sex hormone production. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Just having a doubt that, is it good to lick female organ. By doing so will it cause any infection to me. While foreplay there is some liquid substance coming out from female organ. What's that?
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. Every woman dreams of bearing a child. The feeling of being a mom is beyond any description. For some women, conception becomes a long and painful struggle. The fetus requires a complete 28 weeks to mature. Women who are unable to hold fetus or where fetus ceases to grow to suffer complications. Abortion is a term used for medical termination of pregnancy. It can be induced by drugs or surgery. However, complications can arise within any trimester causing a miscarriage. Miscarriage refers to the loss of a fetus before 20 weeks of pregnancy. A miscarriage is medically known as spontaneous abortion that may occur due to fetal or maternal complaints.
The symptoms of a spontaneous abortion are severe pain, cramps or heaviness in abdomen, fluid or tissues passing from the vagina or vaginal spotting or bleeding. These are warning signs and immediate gynaecologist attention is required in case of any such symptoms.
Let’s look at some of the causes of miscarriage:
Faults in the genetic makeup of the fetus or chromosomal abnormalities can cease fetal growth.
Immune system disorders
Infection such as syphilis, rubella, poliomyelitis can lead to fetal death
Trauma and injury due to accidents may cause loss of fetus
Lifestyle factors such as excessive smoking, drinking, drug abuse can lead to fetal death.
Women with fibroids, cysts, menstrual issues or uterine abnormalities have a tendency for recurrent abortions.
Women with hormonal imbalances also tend to suffer miscarriages.
Homeopathy, with its holistic systems approach, provides highly individualised treatment for recurrent abortions. This all natural treatment targets the symptoms of the disease in totality. Homeopathic treatment of miscarriages goes beyond treating complications in conception and aims to restore uterus health and hormonal balance. It also deals with psychological symptoms like mood swings, irritability, anger, depression and fear that become associated due to recurrent failures in pregnancy. Morning and evening sickness can also be effectively managed through homeopathic medication.
Apart from this, homeopathy effectively combines a preventive and curative approach to treatment. It ensures that the patient is treated for the miscarriage and her health be restored for further conception
Arnica is a well-known remedy for miscarriages in case it happens due to falls, lifting weights or violent concussion. If given in time, it may reduce the chance of miscarriage.
Caulophyllum: deals with the tendency of miscarriage due to weakening of uterine tissues.
Crocus Sativa: Deals with the tendency of abortion in Ist or 2nd month and issues like mood swings, violence, repentance and sadness.
Erigon: effective remedy for irritability, abortion due to exercise and profuse bleeding.
Sepia: Deals with morning sickness, depression, the tendency to abort in 5th to 7th month.
These and many other remedies are available for effective and long term treatment. Remember to consult a qualified homeopathic doctor for the same.
I am 19 old women I had back pain and stomach pain I had pain killer cyclopam and crocin n after having this medicine I don't have my regular periods in that month n in the next month I had periods two time in same month is their any problem or would it effect to me in any ways.
मेरी वाइफ़ की प्रेग्नन्सी को ६ वीक हो गए हे लेकिन sonography में धड़कन nahi बता रहे हे प्लीज़ सुझाव देवे
During my periods I feel extremely low as if there is no energy left in my body Mild unconsciousness is also felt Should I take any medicines?
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
- Reduced appetite - A slight decrease in appetite during the summer is normal but if the sight of food makes you nauseous or you stop enjoying your food, it may be a sign of an oncoming illness. These illnesses could range from a simple cold to gastroenteritis or strep throat. A diminishing diet can be a result of the production of cytokines by the body as part of its inflammatory response to infections. Lesser food takes lesser time to digest thereby using lesser calories and diverting energy towards fighting the infection.
- Swollen neck glands - Feel your neck glands, just below the jawbone to check for infections. Swollen neck glands are the body's way of letting you know that you may be falling ill. These are usually a sign of ear infections, cold, dental problems or skin infections. Neck glands are storehouses for white blood cells. When these are activated into fighting infections, the collection of dead cells, bacteria etc result in swollen neck glands.
- Fatigue - There's a difference between being tired at the end of a long day and being exhausted throughout the day. The latter is a way your body is telling you to slow down and conserve energy to fight an oncoming illness.
- Muscle aches - Aching muscles can also be a sign of the oncoming flu. One of the main reasons for this is the body's production of antibodies that release histamines and cytokines in the bloodstream. When these travel to various muscles, they can trigger pain receptors leading to body aches.
- Low fever - The ideal body temperature is 98.7 degrees. If you have a higher temperature that persists for a few days, you may be coming down with an infection. Fever is your body's way of fighting infection by raising its internal temperature. A low fever is a sign of colds, allergies, and even stomach infections.
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.
Dear Doctor, Is drinking green tea will affect getting conceive or pregnancy? If not on daily basis how much can consume. Because my wife used to drink daily. Thank you in advance for your guidance.
I am 46 aged women, sudden weight loss, feeling weak, have uterus problem, heavy bleed during menses, uterus lowering in menses time.
Antibiotics are taken to treat a host of bacterial infections, from fever to fungal infections, doctors prescribe antibiotics to deal with the symptoms. Usually, a single course of antibiotics must be taken for the cold or the flu to completely heal. Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections; they do not do anything for viral infections.
1. Antibiotics and Good Bacteria
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Antibiotics do not discriminate between good bacteria and their bad peers. Thus, they end up killing the good bacteria as well. The microbiomes in the gut are the good bacteria in your body that aid in digestion. Certain antibiotics can change the entire microbial diversity in the gut and this change can last for a year. Clindamycin, another antibiotic, can kill butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid produced by microbes. In the gut, the butyrate prevents carcinogenesis, inflammation and oxidative stress.
2. Resistance to Bacteria
Like every living organism, bacteria too evolve and adapt to the surroundings. They mutate and respond to the changes in the environment thus, leading to bacterial resistance. Some bacteria mutate and survive the antibiotic treatments. These bacteria reproduce and the resistance strain gets passed on to the next generation which, in turn, makes the new bacteria desensitised to antibiotics. When you get infected again-
- The infection lasts longer, thus the disease may become serious
- There are more complications which tend to further increase every single time you are prescribed a new course of antibiotics
- If the infection lasts longer, then the chances of you infecting others also become higher
- Recovery takes longer
However, there are a few other things to be considered as well:
Taking antibiotics if you have a viral infection is not a smart thing to do. The antibiotics do nothing to kill the virus. However, if your bacterial infection has been plaguing you since a long time, doctors generally prescribe antibiotics every time. This is because, no matter what their downsides are, antibiotics do help you in recovering from various bacterial complications, at times, permanently.
I am a 20 year old boy. I am suffering from slight pain during urinating due to cystitis, please help.
Hii mam/ sir Just I being intimate on 16 of july before being intimate mujhe regular periods aaye for two times vo bhi irregular the kyuki regular periods mujhe periods month ke last week me aate h and after seven days of periods I again got my periods after 4 days mean to say on 2 or 3 july something and it goes for 4 or 5 days and jb I was doing sex on 16 july again after sometime I started bleeding mean to say bahut jyada bleed hone lga and something comes out like clot or I don't understand what is it and after 15 min bleeding band ho gyi uske baad maine contraceptive pills nhi liye aur may be in the previous month all symptoms shows that miscarriage hua h kuchh previous month me bhi maine pills nhi liye the after few days mujhe breathe krne me bharipan lgta tha legs ekdam se bhari lgte the put that time I thought ki ye sb stress ki wajah se ho rha h ya work load h jyada h pr after some days mere health down hone lga stomach pain, headache n all body pain sb hone lga and after that bleeding start hui on 25 june it goes for 6 days aur clotting wali bleeding ho rhi thi bahut jyada stomach pain aur pair me kabhi pain and still now after after being intimate on 16july abhi tak periods nhi aaye h month ka last h aur vysw hi headache koi bhi kaam krne me taken ho ja rhi h so what is this aur abhi kya kare mai and one more thing in the of may just I bleed for 14 days and I consult to a doctor she said it is due to contraceptive pills unwanted 72 pr dusri baar bhi nhi liya tha and I bleed aur abhi periods aaye nhi so kya ye infertility ka symbol h ya periods month ke miscarriage ka effect h please suggest me I am so much stressed about it all. thanks.
I'm suffering heartburn for 3 days, I took gelusil tablets twice but didn't worked out, give me some Remedies.
5 things you should know about menstrual cups
Every day, we see a new thing which makes our life easier and comfortable and menstrual cup is one such thing that makes the life of a woman much easier during those difficult days.
1. Safe and cost effective: these are safe to use and there is no harm or side effects attached to it. You don't have to worry of the hygiene of these cups. These cups have the capacity to hold 30-40 ml of fluid. Tampons and pads are use-and-through and that's why it involves higher cost whereas menstrual cups can be used a number of times which makes it cost-effective.
2. Flexible and reusable: it's a flexible cup which is worn inside vegina where all fluid gets collected. It doesn't absorb the fluid like tampons but only collects it. Unlike tampons, menstrual cups are reusable. You can remove it, throw the fluid and then refix it.
3. Breaking of the seal: you must not use it without breaking the seal. It will be very uncomfortable if the seal is not broken. You will hear a pop voice when the seal gets broken. So, just be careful about this.
4. How to remove: while removing it, it must be pushed downwards just like a bowel movement or push at the time of childbirth otherwise you might face a bit of difficulty but when you have a prior knowledge of how to remove it, it will make things easier for you.
5. Time period: unlike tampons and pads, menstrual cups can be used for a longer period. Time period could go up to 12 hours. So, in a way, it saves your time, energy and is very convenient and easily manageable too.