Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roopa G.B
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Roopa G.BYour feedback matters!
I am having cough from 2 week. It started from cold but the cold was recovered in 3 days after that I am irritated of this cough and phlegm in throat. I have taken too many medication.
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammation of ulcers or open sores, in the innermost layer of the large intestine. It is a form of inflammatory bowel disease. Even though there is no absolute cause of ulcerative colitis, there are some possible factors such as genetics, infections and stress. It mostly seems to be hereditary in the sense that of the 10-30% people that have ulcerative colitis, most of them have one close family member with the same condition.
The main symptoms of ulcerative colitis are the following:
- Diarrhoea with blood and mucus
- Abdominal pain can range from mild discomfort to painful cramping
- Weight loss
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis: Even though conventional treatment such as corticosteroids and aminosalicylates are used to reduce inflammation, homeopathic treatment can help stop the bleeding and diarrhoea. A long-term remission is possible, and future attacks can be prevented by homeopathy.
Stress and Ulcerative Colitis
When someone is under stress, the body gears up for a fight-or-flight response by secreting certain hormones, including adrenalin, as well as molecules called cytokines. They stimulate the immune system, which triggers inflammation. In people whose ulcerative colitis is in remission, this sets the stage for the return of their symptoms, known as a flare-up.
Ulcerative colitis itself can increase your stress as well. Worrying about symptoms, having an accident, and managing a chronic condition in general — taking medication, eating right, avoiding triggers — can increase stress. Along with the physical symptoms of the disease, managing stress is a priority for people with ulcerative colitis,
Reduce Stress, Reduce Ulcerative Colitis
There are many ways to ease such stress. Here are some of the ways that can help you reduce stress-
- Deep breathing. Breathing from the diaphragm floods the body with beneficial oxygen, which slows your heart rate and can lower blood pressure. Deep breathing can help you both in your daily life and when you feel stressed, Horst says.
- Yoga and stretching. Yoga provides a double benefit for people with ulcerative colitis: It's a physical exercise that stretches and strengthens muscles, and it's a meditative exercise that can help you to relax and release stress.
- Don’t overdo it. Limit stress by not overwhelming yourself with tasks and responsibilities. It's easy to want to take on a lot, especially when you're feeling good, but wearing yourself down can cause a flare.
- Rest. Getting the proper amount of rest and quality sleep can help to both reduce ulcerative colitis symptoms and boost your overall health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.