Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RohiniYour feedback matters!
I am 27 female. I have irregular periods usually and they said I hav polycystic ovaries issue. Many doc said prob wl b over once am married. I got married 2 months bak and am preg now. My husband wants me to abort. Need help. Since I hav polycystic ovary issue s it wise t abort my first baby? Am not interested wid abortion. Need suggestions.
Hi my thyroid test profile T3 108, T4 8 &.TSH 5.17 Dis test done from thyrocare. My symptoms are Upset period last 2 months Hairfall Unwanted hair Muscles pain I hv no baby and plan for baby Pls suggest I am start homeopathy medicine.
I am 30 years old female. My marital life is 4 years. We have some confusions in my sexual life. The sperm all will come out after intercourse. After 2 years I got pregnant but at 5th month I miscarried. Also my husband has some health complaint in fertility. Now I am not getting pregnant, so we went for ivf for one attempt as per my doctor advice. But its failed. So what I do now for getting pregnant?
Is oral sex safe for men, if a girl or boy sucks my penis, is this safe for me, are there any chance of getting HIV.
Ingredients that you generally come across in candies, soft drinks, desserts and so on are known as artificial sweeteners. Many women during their pregnancy include these ingredients (in the form of foods and drinks that have been artificially sweetened) in their diet so as to cut down the amount of sugar in their diet.
But before you go about including them in your diet during pregnancy, there are certain things that you need to be aware of. Artificial sweeteners are generally of two types - nutritive sweeteners and nonnutritive sweeteners, the former contains calories while the latter doesn't.
Which sweeteners are safe to have?
Nutritive sweeteners, when consumed in moderation, can be looked upon as safe to have when you're pregnant, as long as they don't add to your body weight. But if you suffer from carbohydrate intolerance like diabetes, insulin resistance or even gestational diabetes, you need to limit the consumption of nutritive sweeteners. This type of sweeteners includes the different forms of sugar sucrose, honey, corn sugar, maltose, fructose and dextrose.
On the other hand, non-nutritive sweeteners are found in small quantities in foods since their role there is to only add a certain sweetening effect to the food product. Experts are still carrying out research on the effects of this type of sweeteners on pregnant women and their babies during pregnancy. The category includes options like sucralose, aspartame, rebaudioside a or stevia and acesulfame potassium.
Which sweeteners are not safe to have during pregnancy?
Apart from certain sweeteners that you can have during this period, there are some that are a total no-go - these are saccharin and cyclamate. While insufficient data is available for the effect of cyclamate on pregnant women, several studies conducted in the past show the adverse effect of saccharin. Certain studies have revealed its effect on the bladder (it can lead to bladder cancer) as well as on fetal tissue and placenta. Contact with this form of sweeteners can cause the unborn or infants to develop muscle dysfunction and irritability. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My problem is irregular periods and overweight than doctor suggest glucophgae, but glocophase is not avilabe in chemist shop .plz sugest I take glyciphage behalf I Glucophase?
Hello everyone. My age is 21 and I have PCOD and from the last 45-50 days I am undergoing its treatment. As prescribed I am taking Tablets B-LONG" APCOD Sachet 5g, THYRONORM 12.5 MCG, and diane 35" Last month I had normal periods. But this time it is very different. It started on 11.04. 2016 and then lasted for full 4 days (ended on 15.04. 2016). But after a couple of days it again started and is still continuing. The amount is very less like 1-2 drops only but it has lasted for more than 20 days. I am very tensed, please help me why this is happening and what should I do? Should I consult a doctor again? Please give best possible solutions.
I am 38 years old married woman having 1 year old child. I do not have sexual desire for last one year. Please suggest me. I am suffering from hypothyroidism.
Normally how many days a period can delay due to un protected sex. If so then what to do. The home pregnancy test also came negative. Please help
Hello doctor, i'm 4 and half month pregnant. But my stomach is not at all showing. It's a straight. Getting worried is my baby fine. Is he growing. Doctor told everything is normal but i'm getting worried for baby. And my weight is also not growing. It's on 44 kg only since 2 months. What to do. Help please.
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
My girlfriend and I had sex right after her period stopped on the 22nd of August. I did not ejaculate inside of her but just as a precaution I gave her the i-pill on the 23rd of August. After all this on the 27th of August we had sex again but again I did not ejaculate inside of her. Then 2 days later she started bleeding and she said it was like period blood very dark but more then spotting and less then a normal period. The blood stopped after 2 days and now again on the 8th of September is bleeding again. The blood is red and dark red. She said she was having cramps like a normal period. She had been bleeding for 4 days. Her nomal mens date is 16th. Can she be pregnant without any sign's of pregnancy?
My ovulation study 10th day of cycle report is right ovary 40x21, 39x21, 16x13and left ovary pco, 5x5endometrial thickness 7.2mm.
Hello, I am married since last two years but I am not able to conceive a baby yet. I got consulted to many doctors but no result till now. My periods are regular no delays. Got sonography reports also they say that the follicle size are small. Please tell me what can I do for conceiving baby.
Hello Sir/Maam, I'm Binaka Saha, F23, was suffering from irregular menstrual cycles for 2 months, consulted to a gynaecologist for this, as per her prescription, I had taken MEPRATE Tab 10piece and after that, my period started from yesterday but after this, it was very painful. And also as per her prescription, I had tasted my USG lower abandon and the report is as below - Right ovary is large in size, Left ovary is normal in size, Multiple tiny cysts are noted at periphery of both ovaries, stroma are hyperechoic. Right Overy measures= 4. 3*1. 5 cm. Left Ovary measures= 3.0*1. 6 cm. And I want to get rid from the cyst as soon as possible, please help.
Menstrual cramps that occur during menstruation cycle can impair your regular activities. The menstrual cramps, also called dysmenorrhea, are caused by the uterine contractions. The intensity of the pain that a woman feels can be related to the woman’s prostaglandin glands. Those who are with elevated levels of prostaglandin suffer from intense than those with lesser levels.
Though the menstrual cramps are harmless, they do get unmanageable at times. Like dealing with any other pain, a relief becomes necessary. Several remedies and treatments are available to reduce menstrual cramps, and some of them are listed below.
- An Improved Diet: The easiest way that you can adopt to tackle menstrual cramps is to improve your diet. You must reduce consuming fats and turn to vegetables as your primary food. Low-fat diet always helps to decrease the overall inflammation in your body. Its effects on menstrual cramps have also been noticed. Thus, it is beneficial to stop consuming saturated unhealthy fats and start consuming unsaturated healthy fats.
- A Painkiller is Effective: The most popular remedy for pain has always been a painkiller. Though treating your menstrual cramps with pills is rare, but a safe painkiller with no steroids can seal the deal. However, as it with any medicine, consult your doctor before consuming any.
- Tea: Just plain tea or herbal teas can be helpful to reduce the menstrual cramps. Though the research on this particular relief method is extremely scarce, it is a traditional remedy and has been giving some refuge to women under cramps. Tea with cramp barks and tea with peppermint oil are a few of the most popular home remedies to manage the pain.
- Fish Oil and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 has been proved to be useful in treating menstruation cramps. A study published in September 2014 in Global Journal of Health Science showed that women who were consuming fish oil supplements or Vitamin B1 or both showed reduced effects on cramps than the women who didn’t take any. Moreover, consumption of fish oil supplements or vitamin B1 or both disappeared the cramps faster than usual.
- Essential Oil Massage: A study published in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research in May 2012, showed that a massage with aromatic essential oil over the abdominal region, both upper and lower, helped to reduce the pain and the cramps. Take a few drops of the oil and massage frequently over the course of your period, and it will provide you with some relief.
- Hot Pad: Perhaps the most followed remedy to menstrual cramps is the hot pad. Curl up with a hot pad over your lower abdomen, and it is sure to give you relief. This is great for minor cramps.
Traditional and home remedies provide relief in most cases. However, if the pain is unbearable and occurs along with vomiting or other problems, visiting your gynecologist is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi, my age is 25 and I am married and 1 child their is some problem from last 3-4 months I put up my Weight 15kg and my left leg always get swallowing and my lower abdomen get pains a lot in week but that pain I can't handle and take some medicine metal spa and from last 4-5 months I am not getting my menstrual cycle properly so what is the exact problem.
Fat injections also known as Autologous Fat Transfer for Breast Enhancement/ Augmentation is rapidly becoming popular. This is so because it wipes out the requirement for breast implants by using extra fat from your own body to enhance your breast size together with giving a beautiful shape.
Fat injection can lift-up as well re-shape the sagging breasts making them firmer by adding the volume lost because of lactation, ageing or weight loss. Common areas to harvest fat are tummy, thighs & buttocks. In past, there were worries that the fat may obscure detection of early breast cancer on breast X-rays (mammograms), but now it is considered absolutely safe.
While everybody may not be a perfect candidate for Fat Transfer for Breast Enhancement, it has great advantages. These are as follows:
1. It is an absolutely safe alternative as it uses material (Fat) from your own body, so no need to remove it in future even due to some possible rare problems encountered with Silicone Breast Implants (like capsule contracture, implant rupture or infection)
2. Breast Enhancement can be combined with Liposuction of other concerned body parts (Best out of Waste-Utilizes the removed fat for enhancement !)
Still, it has got some disadvantages as follows:
1. Compared with Silicone Breast Implants, this procedure is technically more demanding to create natural curves of breast out of small saggies- needs finest skills and artistic views on part of operating Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon.
2. Each breast has its own limitation to accommodate the volume of newly injected fat and enhancement beyond that may require a 2nd session.
3. Some portion of the injected fat undergo resorption after the procedure and the breasts will decrease in size after some time to require a 2nd touch-up session to get best results.
4. A thin-lean lady may not be a good candidate for this procedure not having extra fat to inject.
5. Newly enhanced breast with this technique may undergo minute changes in size with body- weight fluctuations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.