Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RohiniYour feedback matters!
My friend had sex with her gf day before date of her menstruation and she took ipill, her menstruation after that stopped for 5 days and then it occurred but only one time she is having periods and the whole day is without anything no periods, whats the reason. Can she be pregnant or is it irregular. Please help me please?
Hello 30 year old. My period is not regular from 1 year. My period start 2 month gap. My ultrasound test is normal. Harmon unbalance hai. Please tell me any medicine jisse mere period regular ho jaye. Please. Suman.
I am a 27 Years of women and pregnant having 9th month, I am feeling very pain in chest after taking food, why it happens?
I am 22 years old women. I am unmarried but live in together from past one year with my boyfriend. I have menstruation problem right from the beginning. Last year I consulted a Gynecologist and scanned my pelvis. The scan revealed that there were polyps grown in that area and she prescribed YAZ for 90days aslo advised exercise and healthy diet. During taking the tablets it happened exactly on time. After discontinuing the tabs it once again continued to happen regularly. Last 3 months ago I visited a general physician and she did another scan and found that the result was normal and she prescribed Livozen Tab and a multivitamin syrup. This tab was for 90 days. Once again while taking this tab it was like almost ok but not fully clear. When I say it was irregular it means it did not happen on time also when it started it used to happen for almost a week or so. Some time more than that also. The whole one week or 10 days I can see droplets. Please advise me what should I do to get rid of this. Thank you a lot in advance.
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?
Sir when we do sex between the menstrual period there is a chance of pregnancy in that case? Should do in that period?
I have a wife and she delivered a baby for us, can I suck her breast milk and drink? Is there any risk in doing so? And can the milk give me health or effect my body and our baby?
I am 18 years old and had sex first time in november 2014. I had regular periods after that. But this month I am not getting my period. Blood test (beta hcg) was 0.100 miu/ml. I am constantly worried about being pregnant. I know this is silly but please help me out. I am not bloated like other six month pregnant ladies but slightly fat. Please tell me am I pregnant? why am I not getting my period? how can I get it asap?
Hi My wife is 3 month pregnant, I am really worried about her health because she is not showing interest in food please help me what should I do?
Mam we are trying g to conceive a baby for the last 3 years my wife has thyroid she has conceived only 1 time it was for 1 month then she cud not conceive my semen analysis has been done need suggestion n help .my total sperm count is 42 million/ml.
Hi, I usually have regular menstrual cycles. My last period was on 20th march then I had unprotected sex on 24th match after my period got over. I had to take emergency pills on 24th. Now suddenly I had bleeding on april 1st. Am bleeding on my mid cycle. I know its normal. But how long will it last? I was advice to take t. Trapicto stop bleeding. Can I take it? I do not want to mess more with my cycle. Will bleeding stop after taking trapic?
I am 36+ years old. For last 7/8 years, every time after completing my menstruation I have another round in 7-10 days time. It is not much but more like spotting. Need advice on this. Also for past 1 year, on the right groin area, I have itching which leads to scars, on putting vaseline it slowly removes, but comes back in 7-10 days. Tx for your advice and suggestions.
1. Drink one glass (250 ml.) of coconut water or grape juice.
2. Take 3-4 pieces of dates and cook them with one glass of milk or water. Eat the dates and drink the milk or water. It is also good to blend them in a mixture before taking. This drink is very good and give instant energy.
I am 30 years old. As I had an kidney transplantation surgery 2 yrs back and now my medical condition is perfectly normal. So I want to know that can I become pregnant safely?
I am 29 years old, planning for baby from last 2 years, but unable to conceive. Got my prolactin test results were within the prescribed range. Also got ultrasound done. Things were normal. How toh know my best 2days to try.
Exercise should be an essential part of our daily routine like brushing teeth, bathing, eating or even breathing. Why so? Lets see the numerous benefits of exercise apart from weight loss...