Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RohiniYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old girl. Weight 100 kgs. I have irregular periods. I happened to periods six month ago. This is happening again n again. What should I do.
My wife is aged 36 yrs. Old and has thyroid problems. She has been taking 100 mg thyronorm tab empty stomach every morning. Recently she had thyroid profile test and the results are as under: Free T3.2. 39pg/ml normal range 2.0 to 4.4 Free T4 1.38 ng/dL normal range 0.9 to 1.7 TSH 0.480 uIU/mL normal range 0.27 to 4.2 Kindly suggest as how much mg thyronorm tab to be taken. She reports of having swelled body in the early morning and overall tiredness.
My wife had been suggested to use conceive-F, tablets. After our meeting on 15th day of her period. Is there any chance of conceiving, and her periods were also delayed.
Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
Magnesium phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with magnesium phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
Nux vomica: Nux vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in homeopathy will help the patients get relief.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
I had sex on sept 10 I took ipill after 2 days and my last menstrual cycle is 28th aug. after taking ipill we had sex everyday but I did not took ipill. Is there any chance to get pregnant. Because still I did not had my period.
I got pregnancy test positive on 11-9-17 my last period on 9-8-17. On 21-9-17 I got only gestational sac no yolk sac. Light spotting from 15-9-17. On 21-9-17 bleeding and spotting 5 to 6 times. On 22-9-17 big maroon dark spot and period like big bleeding in black colour. What does it mean. Why it happens. Either there is any chance of pregnancy chances. I have irritation in vagina also.
Today is 4th day of my wife's missed period. She has taken home pregnancy test using kit but it is negative. What should she do now.
My wife underwent Anti-Mullerian hormone test which results 7.27 ng/ml indicating predictive PCOS/Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, is she suffering from both or one ? She also did Mantoux test which results positive 10 or more . Due to these in future would infertility arise if yes what are possible medications. please help.
My mom is in 45 years age & suffering in menstrual period time due to heavy bleeding & blood clots, please Give us a solution.
Hi I had unprotected sex with my fiance. Took the ipill with in 24 hours but after 3 days it started bleeding. Is it normal. Have any chances getting pregnant. Got my last periods on 24 th april ie last month. Im worried please help me out.
Why is stretching so important before or after a workout?
Stretching often takes a backseat in most workout routines. This happens significantly more with men than woman, and can lead to a disaster in the gym. Stretching is just as important, both before and after your workout, as it helps in preventing injury. It might not be the most vigorous of exercises, but both static (stretching in one fixed position) and dynamic (stretching in variable positions) stretches are beneficial to your body, and will help in keeping it fighting fit till the next session. So what does stretching help with?
This is a no-brainer. Stretching helps in keeping the body flexible and nimble. It stretches out those muscle groups that aren’t used in most major workouts, and helps cut down on the nervous involvement of unwanted muscles during workouts. Post-workout stretching helps keep the tendons and muscles flexible for the next session, which would otherwise have tensed up and caused tears and sores. You also build up a greater degree of motion for all your joints, which aids in various ways during different exercises.
2. Pain And Improved Circulation
Your heart rate spikes during a workout, and beats at an abnormally elevated rate. Stretching helps ease it down to a normal level. Your muscles tighten during workout, which increases risks for injury. Stretching helps ease them back into a more relaxed state, further improving blood circulation and preventing cramps. Stretching also has the added benefit of eliminating lactic acid, which gets accumulated in your body during a workout. It cools down your body gradually, decreasing strain on your heart.
So what sort of stretches should you be doing?
1. Static stretching
There are two basic types of stretching, dynamic and static. Static stretching is an exercise where you elongate a certain muscle or muscle group to a point where it is nearly uncomfortable and hold it for a period of time between 30 – 60 seconds. Static stretching is recommended for after workouts. It improves muscle interactions, maintains range of motion and keeps muscle tissues healthy.
2. Dynamic stretching
Dynamic stretching is more active, as you keep your body in motion while you stretch. The movements are tightly controlled and precise, and proper execution greatly adds to athletic performance. Dynamic stretches are great warm ups, and a gentle, easy way to get your heart rate up. It’s also a great full body exercise for people who cannot exercise much, and is a great way to engage all the muscle groups in your body.
Thus, static stretches are the perfect way to maintain the flexibility of your body. You should be making them a mandatory part of your post-workout regime as it provides the necessary care and maintenance to your muscles. It decreases muscle fatigue and prevents a lot of injuries. You could incorporate dynamic stretches into your warm up and mid-workout, when you can get your entire body ready for the workout and cut down on nervous involvement of unwanted muscle groups.
Hlo Dr. M 6 month pregnant. Sometimes my nose bleeds .N mostly it happens in morning. Bleeding is just one or two drop or sometimes concentrated blood. What is the reason behind it n what r precautions. What to do?
Last month just after my menstrual cycle I had intercourse with my husband. And now I am having my periods 3 days delay. It started in the morning as normal. Am I pregnant as sometimes even in pregnancy period happens?
Dear doctor: My wife was pregnant with EDD 09/07/17. On the 5th month anomaly scan, we were told that the baby had a heart defect called Left Heart Hypoplastic Syndrome and the aorta was poorly developed. We were told to terminate the pregnancy and pregnancy was terminated in the 6th month by vaginal delivery, a boy baby. What is the cause for HLHS? Can it be found earlier? HOW TO PREVENT IT WITH NEXT PREGNANCY? When it is better to conceive again?
Female 41 years is this true that we should not eay pulses ay night and after how muc h time we should go for walk after having dinner and can we eat fruit after a walk.
I am 42 old I married 7 year till date I have not conceive all test are normal my wife age 38 also I done ivf last year but we fail now what I can do.
I have been married for 8 years. My height is 5'4" and weight 68 kg. I am 32 years old and my husband is 41 years. I have PCOS. I will be having my 2nd IUI next week. I am taking Metformin and injections Menopur 75 and HMG 150. The 2 follicles are 14 on day 16. My questions are - are my follicles good enough? Do the injections cost between 1-2k in other clinics as well, as this procedure is bit expensive (around 50k in total)? Will IUI be successful or is there any alternative treatment plan for pregnancy with pcos? How much chance do I have to get pregnant with fertility treatments? Any other information that I should take from my doctor? Please advice. Thank you.
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon and ask a free question.