Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohini
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RohiniYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old I am suffering with psoriasis problem since 15 years is there any solution please help me?
Hi I am Swathi my age 24'i worry my dull skin and black marks used to a lot of Cousmatic'but should not work please can you hello me?
I have running nose and itching and sneezing in the morning. From last 2 month when I take citrezin it gone and come back after 2 to 3 days.
Aging of the skin is a natural process that affects all aging individuals. It manifests itself in the form of skin wrinkling, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
Prevention from Aging:
- Eat healthy - Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Avoid sun exposure - This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Exercise regularly - Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
Anti-aging Dermatology Treatments:
- Botox: Botox is an injection that temporarily relaxes facial muscles to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as prevent new lines from forming. Common injection sites include the forehead, the area between the eyebrows, the corners of the eyes, and the sides of the chin. Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) for treating facial wrinkles is the most frequently performed cosmetic procedure. It has become the most common entry procedures for clinicians seeking to incorporate aesthetic treatments into their practice.
- Dermal Fillers: As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent. Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
- Thread Lift: Thread lifts can be a great way to rejuvenate and restore youthful contours to areas such as the brows, cheeks, jowls and the neck area. The procedure uses multiple, hair-thin needles that have fine threads dipped in bio stem cell liquid, inside them. These needles are inserted into a layer of the skin one-by-one and then pulled out together smoothly, leaving the fine thread inside the layers of your skin. This induces fibroblast and promotes collagen production and literally lifts skin. The thread is gradually absorbed into the skin.
- RF Tightening: Radiofrequency (RF) energy treatment is technology for non-surgical tightening of the early signs of loose or sagging skin; ideal for those people who either don’t want, or don’t believe they are old enough to have a surgical procedure. Pure RF energy alone is primarily used to treat skin laxity by facial tightening, and is best suited to patients with mild to moderate sagging of facial tissues, usually those in their mid 30s to 50s, with any skin colour. It is commonly used to treat the forehead, under the eyes, cheeks, mid-face, jaw line, and neck.
- HIFU Facelift: High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) lifts and tightens skin for a non-surgical face lift and neck lift. Since its release, Ulthera (Ultherapy) has been quickly growing in popularity with experts worldwide as an advanced HIFU device. Common treatment areas include - Brows and forehead, Chin, Neck, Stomach and Stretch marks. With just one treatment, HIFU pushes mature skin to start working hard again. Your eyes will look more open, brows more lifted, fine lines softened, and pore reduced. Because of the restored elasticity, your skin will feel softer and more supple, too.
Quick Tips to Look Younger-
Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
Eat fruits and vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slows down the aging naturally.
I am 26 years old and a very active working lady. Want to loose some pounds and then want to maintain it. After joining gym I am having various problems like severe hairfall, acne. I am very fond of eatings dates, figs etc. please tell me a good diet chart and hoe to eat these dry fruits and in what quantity so that I don't gain weight and get aal the benefits of such fruits.
I have deep dark circles. What should I include in my diet so that these could be reduced? And please tell me do's and do needs for this problem?
The allure to look young is always compelling and the recent advancements in medical technology have resulted in many procedures, which can help you knock off years. In fact skin care related to anti aging is one of the largest and fastest growing industries within the medical realm. Let's take a look at some of the procedures which are very effective in anti aging skin treatment.
1. Specialized Chemical Peels: In this procedure a doctor will put specially formulated acids on the area of your skin, which needs to be treated. This results in the abrasion or slight burning of the skin after, which new skin cells grow in its place, hence removing age related spots, wrinkles as well as freckles.
2. Injection of Botulinum Toxin Type A or Botox: This is possibly one of the most famous and well known anti aging treatments all over the world. This treatment involves injecting Botox into strategic areas of the face to reduce wrinkles and creases that may occur due to aging. This treatment is especially effective for frown lines on the forehead and close to eye corners.
3. Laser Resurfacing and or other Radio Frequency Treatments: These machine related treatments also use the principle of abrasion or wounding the skin to encourage the growth of new tissue. In laser resurfacing, a laser beam destroys the epidermis or the outer layer of the skin and heats up the dermis or the lower layer of the skin. As the wounded skin tissue heals, new tissue takes it place which is tighter, thus giving you a younger look.
4. Facelift surgery: It is a cosmetic surgical procedure, which takes quite some time to heal but is known to have long term results. In this procedure, excess skin and fat from your face and neck are removed surgically and after the bruising and the scarring have subsided, the new skin is much tighter thus making you look much younger.
5. Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion: These procedures employ the abrasion tactic to the fullest to destroy old tissue and encourage the growth of new tissue. Dermabrasion uses the technique of sanding the skin with a rotating brush where new skin needs to grow. Microdermabrasion is a more subtle technique as it uses finer equipment to sand away only the top layer of skin and the side effects of redness, swelling and scabbing tend to be lesser compared to conventional Dermabrasion.
6. Other Soft Skin Tissues Filler Injections: There are many other forms of soft skin tissue fillers other than Botox, which can be directly injected into the required area. Some of these are fats, gels and collagen which can be directly injected into wrinkles. These fillers work by swelling and plumping up the area around the skin to give it smoother look. However, these treatments also need to be done at frequent periodic intervals of a few months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.