Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rita MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I have 6 month old baby. He has teething pain. Can you suggest something to make it easy for my baby Thnx.
I have tiny black dot on one of my tooth. Sometimes I feel mild sensation when chewing my food. I tried to brush it off but it would not go. Could this be cavity? Pls help.
I am 31 years old some bad smell coming from my mouth even I am brushing two times per day please advise what should I do?
24 years old, My problem is a big gap or space in my upper side two main teeth. How to do closer & which type of process or treatment?
I am getting my lower wisdom teeth and facing too much pain as well as swell. I have pain in my tonsils too. One side of my face is paining including nose ,ears, cheeks :(what to do sir.
If anyone have inorder teeth what will be the treatment? Age is about 35 years. Treatment should be for short period and it should not be painful.
I am 26 and my front line tooth most of the tooth broken. Small part remains still good please give me idea can I remove or its ok.
How can I fix my upper and lower teeth gap (front). Nd what's the price or fee for that treatment. Tell me the total process time will take that treatment. Thanks I hope you will reply soon as well.
I am 23 years I have mouth ulcer for the past 2 days. What should I eat to get rid of this? Can you suggest me what I should apply on it?
Dear sir I have pain in my teeth. I can't eat hot & cold I teams. Plc suggest what should I do for fast relief.
Is it okay to give calcium tablets during teething trouble in children and generally what is the ideal time of teething in children?
Sir I am parag, 25 old male and my inner mouth skin went dry due to chewing gutkha or pan etc. So I can not tolerate a little bit of pepercorn of chilli. Plese suggest me what to do and if there any medicine pls suggest. Thank u.
Hello sir I have feel fever and allergic in my teeth and runny nose and feel weakness from last 1 day. What can I do.
I have gum / tooth pain in the extreme left portion of bottom jaw while eating hard food. Please suggest remedy.
I cant open my mouth widely why I am getting this problem and getting a pain at jaw joint.Please do help
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)