Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My 21 days old daughter start crying uncontrollably before urinating, she is facing this problem from past two days.
Sir my daughter 6 years old is suffering from very high fever 103 - 104 F from night 10 pm. Now it is 3 pm but fever is still not down. We have consulted child specialist. Please tell.
My son is 5 month old. I would like to introduce fruit juice and ragi porridge for him. Can you give me idea about the food chart that can be given for him.
My two yearold daughter is very low weight what can I do for her. She doesn't eat anything is any other precaution is there.
I am having two sons, one is 11 years and another 7 months. What should I do/feed for their sharp brain in education. Secondly, my elder son is very thin, he takes a little amount of food whenever eats. What should I do for increasing his food amount? please advice me accordingly.
My daughter is 6 years old, she suffered from saline infection after her premature birth in right arm. We already operated plastic surgery two times in pgi chandigarh but still growth of the arm is not as left arm and scar is wide please suggest us what to do ?
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.