Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Revathy ParthasarathyYour feedback matters!
My frnd and her girlfriend had sex 1 week after her periods. He was using condom. But it got break and His sperm got inside her. After one hour they have taken an I pill. One week later she got bleeding. Bleeding was on 12th of last month. Her normal periods was on 30th of every month. But she did not get periods on 30th after this bleeding. But periods came on 5th of this month. That means 26 days after the I pill bleeding. It was a normal period for her. But now her stomach is feeling heavier. Which was not felt before. And on that day she ddnt had food because of that. Her periods was for 3 days. From 5th to 8th. Is there any chance of pregnancy for her. please help them in this regards.
I am 19 year old in periods time suffering from much stomach pain though I. Take rest can you please help me out with any suggestion.
I had my last period on 24 th may to 29 may, I had a protected sex on 10 th day of my period but ro be on the safer side I took unwanted 72 after one day, I bled after 21 days for 3 days, and it was on my expected period time, so was that my usual period, cause usually my period is for 5 days so I am little scared, I did a home pregnancy test after 20 days of taking pill and it came negative so please tell me am. I pregnant?
Can I know during estimated ovulation time daily intercourse necessary. And kindly advised me on which thing I should take care for intercourse during ovulation period for conceiving the baby. Dietary as well as physically or medically.
I don't like to eat anything. I am 2 months pregnant. If I drink milk I feel like vomiting. Kindly suggest what should I do.
For many people, cooking is incomplete without green chilies. It is what is believed to enhance the taste of a dish by many folds. But the USP of green chili is not restricted to being only a taste enhancer. It is a powerhouse that comes with a myriad of health benefits. Having said that, consuming green chilies in excess will do more harm than good. Daily consumption of green chilies on a limited amount is what is considered to be healthy.
Listed below are some of the amazing health benefits of eating green chilies daily.
- A powerhouse of antioxidants: Green chilies are a rich source of antioxidants that as a defensive shield, safeguarding the body from the deleterious effects of the free radicals. The green chilies are also known for their antibacterial properties, a property that goes a long way to protect the body from various infections and the associated symptoms and discomfort.
- Keep the heart hale and hearty: Bad cholesterol, also known as LDL (Low- density lipoprotein) and triglycerides are a nemesis for the heart, triggering serious problems including stroke and heart attack. Green chilies work wonders to lower the level of the LDLs and triglycerides. It helps to prevent Atherosclerosis (deposition of fats within the blood vessels ) and also maintain the blood pressure and the heart rate within normal range.
- A great mood enhancer: The hormone endorphin is known as the feel good hormone that enhances the mood to a great extent. Capsaicin, an active component present in green chili acts as a catalyst, accelerating the release of endorphins to a great extent.
- Pain, a thing of the past: In many cases, green chilies have helped to ease the pain to a noticeable extent. When one eats chili, the capsaicin present in it binds to TRPV1 (a heat receptor protein), leading to its activation. The activation plays a pivotal role in lowering the pain by desensitizing the nerve cells against the painful stimulus.
- Lose weight with elan: This point is sure to bring a smile to those who are trying to maintain a healthy body weight. Green chilies come with a zero calorie count and do, in fact, accelerate the body's metabolism to an appreciable amount.
- Packed with B-carotene and Vitamin C: The importance of B-carotene for the eyes are known to all. Vitamin C, on the other hand, does the skin a world of good, enhancing the production of collagen and also slows down the skin aging. Green chilies are an excellent source of both of these vitamins.
- Keep bone disorders at bay: Green chilies are also laden with Vitamin K, a blood clotting factor that ensures there is blood clotting following an injury or an accident. It also helps in the mineralization of the bones, preventing many degenerative bone disorders including osteoporosis.
- A boon for diabetic patients: Green chilies have been instrumental in bringing about a significant reduction in the blood sugar level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am breastfeeding and one of my breast is swollen as my 04 month old baby did not feed properly for a day after his vaccination. Due to this, I have a fever and abdomen pain. The doctor prescribed Pacimol 650 and zifi 200 tablets. Are these medicines safe for breastfeeding?
For the past centuries, people have been using herbs for enhancing their libido and for enhancing their performance. Herbs are totally natural and cause no side effects and rejuvenate your body from within. Natural herbs are any day a better remedy for enhancing your sex life than artificial or chemical enhancers.
Here is a list of herbs, which help you with boosting your sex drive and improve your sex life:
- Cinnamon: This herb is being used as a love potion since Medieval times and is still in use. This herb is effective in warming, provides mild stimulation and improves the circulation of blood, which enhances your erection.
- Damiana: This herb is used in case of frigidity, erectile dysfunction, for treating premature ejaculation and testicular atrophy. The herb also provides relief to anxiety and increases the sensitivity of the nerves.
- Ginkgo: This effective herb helps in relaxation of blood vessels for better delivery of nutrients throughout the body. It improves vascular insufficiency and enables better blood flow to the penis, providing better erection.
- Maca: This herb enhances your energy and pumps you up for action. It also provides nutrition and rejuvenates the pituitary functioning. The body’s hormone production rate is enhanced. The herb is also used as a vaginal lubricant.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is another energy enhancing herb. It also boosts your stamina and provides a more intense adrenaline rush.
- Muira puama: This herb is of South American origin and is referred to as the potency wood. It enhances virility and enhances sexual debility. The herb also acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Oatstraw: This herb works as a nutrition provider and as a relaxant. It accounts for improving your sexual ability and performance in bed. The herb increases your libido and helps in cases of impotency. The nervous system is also nourished, which makes couples extra sensitive during sex.
- Schizandra: This herb accounts for increasing the lasting power for men during sex. It also cures depression and sexual debility.
- Tribulus terrestris: The function of this herb is to cure erectile dysfunction and cases of low sperm count. The sperm count is increased after having this herb.
- Vanilla: The herb's name is derived from a Latin word which means little vagina. The vanilla herb is an extremely effective sexual stimulation and helps in enhancing your overall sexual drive or longing to a great extent. This herb can be used in cooking food.
Herbs are the best choice of natural sexual enhancers and if you take the correct herb, you are sure to get effective results.
Hi my wife (28 yrs, wt: 71kgs, hgt 5.4f) is recently (11august 2015) diagnosed with epilepsy initial level (2mnts fatigue & saliva from mouth) and neurologist has prescribed oxetol 300mg 1-0-1 and folic acid. Ct scan /mri are normal. In ultrasound test done in november 2014 she was identified with pcod and she is having the following symptoms-periods will come with a difference of two to three days every month, & she only bleed properly on the first day and from 2nd day it almost stops? she usually forgot lot of things very easily. Hair fall and black spots like stuff on her face and doctor said it is due to pcod. She usually get sleep very early like 7: 30 or 8: 30pm itself. She will usually get tiered easily without any big tasks. We have stated trying for pregnancy from last 3 months but she didn't get and the doctor said she need to take medications for pcod then she will get pregnancy. Now she is having epilepsy and she is under oxotel -300mg /2 tabs per day can we try for pregnancy? will there be any side effects? the neurologist who we spoke about epilepsy said he never find any issues with this. Is this true? current medications: orofer-xt and micro d3 as advised by gynecologist. Initially (9 months back) her serum iron and vitamin d3 at single digits now all are with in the range. Now she started oxetel 300mg. Does she need to under go any blood & physical tests for pregnancy like ovulation scan etc? all my tests are in normal range. I request you to give a brief advice for my query?
I had sex with my gf on 26 then she is not getting her periods she is more than 10 days late she had done urine drop test on 3 November and 8 nov. Both the tests are negative why she is not getting her periods also she had sex for first time although we did sex just 1 or 2 days before she gonna be down.
Hello, I am 25 years old. I am 3 weeks pregnant but I need to terminate the pregnancy immediately. I have the mifegest kit. How should I use it safely?
I am nikita and I got heavy flows after 3 days, my periods got finished . Today is sixth consecutive day I am having bleeding. Is this a major problem?
Hi I am 8 week pregnant I have habit of taking cetirizine tablet without that I can not sleep please let me know if its safe.
Here are benefits of Preventive Screening
Hi I’m doctor Asthta Dayal and I’m a consultant gynecologist. And I practice in Gurgaon. I have completed my graduation and post-graduation from Maulana Azad Medical College and I have done my MRCOG from London. I have practiced in hospitals like MediCity and Artemis and now I’m privately practicing in Gurgaon so I would like to discuss about preventive screening. Unfortunately preventive screening is something that is highly ignored by women in India and in fact the only time when a woman visits the gynecologist is when she’s actually pregnant now the kind of diseases that we’re having these days like PCOD, thyroid cancers. It is very important that we detect them at an early stage and treat them and unfortunately they don’t produce any symptoms still at very late stage. So that is why a preventive screening is the need of the hour.
So all women should get an annual preventive health check from a gynecologist. Now what happens in the gynea-check that when you count all the gynecologist, we first take your history in which try illicit factors which will put out a higher-than-usual risk of getting a certain disease like PCOD or cancer if you have a family history and then we go on to an examination which includes a breast examination. You can actually learn the examination from your gynecologist which you should be doing yourself once every month and now. This is important because breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in cities in India and India we have a 50-percent of vitality of breast cancer and main reason for this is because it is detected a very late stage.
So this besides the self-examination we mentioned also go for mammography once every other year, once there is about the age of 40. Besides this we also do an abdominal examination and an internal gynea examination. Now an internal check is something which women really are apprehensive about and that’s the reason they don’t want to visit a gynecologist but believe me it’s not painful. At the most it is a little uncomfortable or a little weird and it does not even take a minute during the internal check. We take you for any infection, sexually transmitted diseases, any cervical polyps and any conditions of the uterus like a fibroid or ovarian cyst and you can also take a pap tests at the same time. Now what is a pap smear? Pap Smear is a test which in which we just take cells from the mouth of the uterus, which is the cervix and we send it for testing. It is a screening test for cervical cancer which actually detects the cancer 15 years before the cancer develops.
Now cervical cancer is the second most important cancer in women in India. In fact, one woman is dying every eight minutes because of cervical cancer in India and this is such a distressing statistic because this cancer is highly preventable and treatable in fact there is a vaccine for cervical cancer. Vaccine which can be given to women in the age group of 19 to 27 and this actually prevents the occurrence of cancer. It is given routinely in US and UK in schools but in India we are highly unaware about it. So it is a good practice to get your routine screening for the PAP smear once every three years and an ultrasound annually to detect problems like PCOD and thyroid and other fibroids and so I would highly recommend that women do get an annual health check. And because the health of the woman and reflect only health the family.
So in case you want to get in touch with me you can do that through the Lybrate through a chat or a call or you would consult me in my clinic in Gurgaon.
Is there a possibility of me being pregnant with hcg blood serum value being less than 0.10 on day 41. My periods are usually regular unlike late month as it was delayed by 8 days. Can I wait longer to test or can I take no I'm not pregnant as an answer.
Have pain while Urinating??
If left untreated, what are the complications?
If painful urination is left untreated, it can be life threatening depending on the cause. Complications include kidney failure, septicemia, shock and spread of cancer.
That’s why it is better to seek medical help if the symptoms last for 2 days, especially if your pain is associated with other symptoms like foul smelling urine, pus or blood in the urine, nausea, vomiting, fever, pain in lower back and frequent chills.
Treatment and Prevention
If the cause of painful urination is an infection, then it is treated with antibiotics, urinary analgesics and anti-fungal agents in the form of creams or tablets. There are several natural remedies for painful urination as well.
Here are some tips to avoid painful urination:
1) Drink lots of water every day to cleanse your system.
2) Urinate as soon as you feel the urge to urinate to reduce the risk of infection.
3) Avoid eating spicy and sugary foods. They can irritate the linings of your bladder, cause pelvic cramps and also burden your kidneys and bladder.
4) Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee. They tend to stimulate bladder irritation and cause dehydration.
5) Avoid eating tomatoes and citrus foods.
6) Follow proper hygiene daily.
After urinating, women should dry the area from front to back for preventing germ inoculation in the urinary tract. Change sanitary towels regularly during periods.
Avoid using products like soap, oils or talc around the genital area that can cause irritation.
Practice safe and hygienic sex. Urinate after having an intercourse to flush out bacteria from the urethra.
Avoid wearing tight clothes.
For more queries and herbal health tips u may consult me.
Wish u a good health.