Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My wife through urine pregnancy Test found that she is pregnant. So whether I can continue physical relationship with her or not. Kindly advice. The doctor given her 2 Medicines namely a) becozinc (syrup) b) Rejunuron-OD for 1 Month.
What is the prevalence of obesity?
Obesity is rapidly becoming a common problem. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there were about 1.6 billion overweight adults aged 15 years and above and at least 400 million adults are obese worldwide. It is a serious public health problem that is growing in countries with low or middle income. According to IOTF (International Obesity Task Force), it was estimated that the prevalence rate of obesity could reach 45% to 50% in the USA, 30% to 40% in Australia, England and Mauritius and more than 20% in Brazil by 2025. Of note, many developing countries like India, face the double burden paradox of obesity and under nutrition. What is Obesity?
Obesity is basically the mother of most chronic diseases. It is measured as excess weight as compared to height of individual and usually measured in terms of BMI (Body Mass Index). Obesity is defined as BMI more than 30 as per western population is concerned and more than 28 as per Asian population is concerned. However even a BMI of more than 23 for Asian population and more than 25 for western population is considered as abnormal and defined as overweight which is considered as a harmful state. Other methods to measure obesity is waist circumference and waist to height ratio. Waist circumference of more than 80 in women and more than 90 in men is consider abnormal irrespective of BMI.
What if I am obese?
Obesity is not a single disorder but is a starting point of various disorders. In the long run it can lead to increase chances of Diabetes, hypertension, PCOS in women, infertility issues in women, heart disease, sleep difficulty. It also causes osteoarthritis especially of knee joint, breathing difficulty and many other diseases with increased chances of certain cancers in the long run. Overall being obese can be a costly affair.
I am having warm feeling which comes and goes and lasts for seconds on left leg mostly and sometimes on hands also. Please advise.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
I am 25 year old man. And I am suffering from monoparesis of upper limb. And amputation of little finger due to trauma. And shortening of lower limb. Pls tell me in which category of pwd m I belonging in india. Eg. Ol, oa,oal, mw.
I am 25 year old I was plan for child. So what will I do. I period coming on this moth 12/2/16 so what should I do. I have completed 9month for marriage? Please suggest me the good thing?
For how many months a Man can have intercourse with his pregnant wife and is there any harm to the child while sexual intercourse or after it?
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet
Hello Doctor I want to know that does the seal of a girl break by fingerings and she doesn't remain virgin. Please tell me.
I am pregnant and I enter in 6 month pregnancy from 1 July. And my weight is 75.5.I m worried related to my weight. Can you pls help me. My height is 5.5" I want to know that. Am I fine with dis weight in pregnancy. Or I am in overweight category.
I am 24 years old married woman. Recently according to the reports I am having pcod problem. What should I do? also I am having severe hair fall! please help.
I have irregular menstrual cycle. Its been 3 months since I got my periods. Sometimes, I have period which releases very less blood that I cannot identify that I got periods. Before 3 months, I consulted a doctor and she gave me some tabs and himalaya's medicine to keep my cycle in check. After her prescription, I got my periods regularly for a month. But then, it again stopped and I didnt have periods for 3 months now. Should I go for scanning? Whats the reason behind this?
If you have friends, parents, children overweight and brands such reads as follows:
This is not dirty, or developed for lack of hygiene! in this brand is known as acanthosis-nigricans.
You can go on the neck, face, forehead, armpits, between the legs and other body parts. It is a mark on the skin that signals high insulin levels in the body.
It tends to be confused with a smudge of dirt or grime but this actually indicates that the body is resisting the insulin produced by the body.
As a result, the pancreas produces more insulin and eventually you could get to develop diabetes (type 2).
May disappear with simple lifestyle changes of life and a moderate weight reduction (in many cases).
If you know someone, adults and children that present this, do not waste any more time inbox us, remember that a detection in time can prevent diabetes.
Share the information with your friends!