Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reshma KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I was having uti so I took consultation and completed my course after completion I am still gettin symptoms! I took uribid100mg and pan40! may I kno the reason for the above mentioned cause!
She has already taken abortion pills 2 times. If she take again then she feel any problems in future or not .What is duration of taking oral pills. Up to how much days. From last menstrual.
In my vagina or uterus is swelling nd I think it sores (ghao) or chota sa gilti hogya h nd trouble in while passing urine or toilet. Severe pain l.
I am a female. 25 years old. I am having irregular periods problem from starting. I consulted a doctor. Gone through all the test prescribed by her. All test were fine. Still my menstruation cycle is not on track. My periods come after evry 3 months. Could you please suggest me something?
There are many kinds of food items that can do us a world of good. But there are certain man made food items that are synthetic in nature, and have more demerits than merits when it comes to our health. There is a long standing debate on the merits of various beverages, including soft drinks and alcohol.
Which one is the healthier choice?
To begin with, we cannot avoid a good beverage during social interactions, so we would do well to make a healthier choice. Here are the details about the healthier choice between alcohol and soft drinks.
- Kilo calories: It is a well-known fact that both alcohol and soft drinks have plenty of kilo calories with one cola containing over 1000 kilojoules as they are known. Yet, as per this parameter, it would be a healthier choice if you were to choose soft drinks because even though they both have the same amount of calories, one tends to drink soft drinks at a slower pace, which means that you consume less of it. Once you start enjoying an alcoholic drink, you tend to take more of them and much faster. Also, alcohol makes you hungry, which implies that you start reaching out for various kinds of snacks and other unhealthy food. In such cases, you will tend to gain weight much faster if you choose alcohol every time. This will not really be the case when you choose soft drinks.
- Toxins: The way alcohol is brewed ensures that it carries a whole lot of toxins, which are not good for your liver and heart in the long run. These toxins can easily clog your arteries and create complications for the functioning of the liver as well.
- Glycemic index: This is the count that is accorded to the level of insulin resistance in one’s drink of choice. For alcohol, the glycemic resistance is much higher, which means that you have better insulin resistance as compared to other soft drinks, which are high in sugar content. Therefore, it makes alcohol a highly unhealthy choice, which can also result in diabetes in the long run, if one ingests too much of it.
- Nutrition: From the nutrition point of view, cola and other soft drinks have absolutely no nutritional value because processed sugar is one of the main components. This will give rise to the toxin influx in the body and bring down the insulin resistance, which makes you susceptible to diseases like diabetes. Therefore, it would be healthier to have a beer rather than a cola because it has a small amount of protein due to the ingredients used when it is brewed for consumption. It also has some amount of antioxidants and potassium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am not getting periods in correct time. Is there any medicine fr this? And what is the reason for this?
My friend had unprotected sex with his gf at 11 morning on 27th April. She took ipill at 12night. They did it again on 28th morning at 10 am. Unprotected. She needs to take another pill? What should be done. Her period cycle is like 14th/15th every month. What is recommended in this situation rn.
I had an operation to remove subserosa fibroid in January 2016, how long can it take for fibroid to come back if I do not get pregnant, and will I be able to get a normal delivery?
Hello doctor I am 9 month pregnant probably I am having only 15 days with my baby my due date is 20 oct. And I have an urge of eating multani methi in small quantity I also take calcium sometimes milk but whenever I feel strong urge for this multani methi I used to eat in small quantity like in small bites this habit was regular in last trimester only and also I am not confirm about my baby position .will this mitti affect me and my baby pls suggest how to manage and I notice movements in every direction like side up and down is my baby is in head down position pls tell.
I am suffering from to much long period time and I also suffering from back pain because of periods.
She is 29 years old married having one child of age 4 yr. Since last 2 year she is suffering with white fluid discharge from her vaginal area and along with this she feels pain around her waist&hip and leg. Though she is eating properly, her periods are normal but her health doesn't improve since after the birth of her child. She is also suffering from regular pain around her head and ear which starts from morning, though she avoid watching Tv or reading etc. Even after consulting few doctors, no fruitful remedy received by her.
Hello ma'am I'm sukaina I'm 20 years old I'm married I have missed my periods and I'm scared that if Ian pregnant but I'm not ready for this pregnancy I have missed my periods pizza tell me a tablet name from which periods should come early plzz.
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you.
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin b and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.
Women handle a lot, from work to family and society to their own health. They also try to eat better foods, lead a healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly as well. But despite trying their best, most women tend to make a few mistakes when it comes to their health. These mistakes are small and not too noticeable, but they can be quite harmful in the long run.
Make them aware about these common health mistakes now!
1. Not Drinking enough water: Ask any woman and she will probably know that she must drink 7-8 glasses of water every day. But most women don’t actually follow the rule and commit this sinful mistake. Drinking less water will make you dehydrated and leave you feeling weak. At the same time, it can make them prone to infections, including UTI and may make them cranky. Women must incorporate water-rich foods in their daily diet and ensure drinking more water.
2. Skipping Meals: Sometimes, women are just too busy to eat a meal and think that can cover up with a bigger lunch or bigger dinner later. Skipping meals can slow down body’s metabolism and cause overeating. This in turn can result in weight-gain, not to forget a variety of serious diseases. Eating more whole foods, beans, seeds, fruits and vegetables revs up metabolism.
3. Not eating enough protein: A lot of women are overweight these days because they make the common mistake of skipping protein. In their attempt to stay slimmer or lose weight, they avoid eating vegetarian or non-vegetarian sources of protein, which can reduce muscle mass and make one overweight. Plus, when women don’t eat protein, they tend to gorge on carbohydrates, which can increase their blood sugar spike and result in more hunger throughout the day.
4. Not getting enough sleep: Majority of women in the country fail to get enough sleep. Handling a variety of responsibilities and roles may result in getting interrupted and lesser sleep, which can cause premature ageing. It is recommended that adults, including men should get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep every single day.
5. Not enough calcium: Not having enough calcium in your diet may lead to osteoporosis. Women must not only avoid skipping milk products and foods that are otherwise rich in calcium, but also get enough calcium through supplements once they cross 35 years of age.
Masturbation is normal habit for all healthy adolescent males. It is neither harmful nor has any side effects. However the aim of masturbation is to attain a climax through ejaculation which can occur in a couple of minutes.
While having sex with a partner your aim is not only ejaculation. Your aim is to give pleasure to your partner and satisfy her by all means including oral sex. Actual sexual intercourse should be the last. So the two situations are different. What happens during masturbation does not necessarily happen during heterosexual sex.
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of our understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant. The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith; the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with Tulsi leaves: Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti-carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a Tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using Tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in Tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding Tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip.