Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hy. I use johnson's baby oil daily. I want to know that this oil is helpful for hair growth or else. And what are the uses of this johnson's baby oil.
Hi doc. My daughter is 5 months old now. She is totally on formula feed. Can I start fresh milk or amul or mother dairy milk for her? and when I can start semi solids and what yo start the in semi solids?
My 3 months old baby is doing potty 3-4 time in these days. His potty is very green and watery. From two days he has jukam and khasi. What should I do?
My 4year old daughter is now11.6kg. She is not gaining weight. Please tell how many times I give food to her. What nutrition food I give and at what timings.
My son has adhd, autistic, autism with juvenille diabetes. He gets fits in which he becomes unconsious for a few seconds. He can't speak properly also. We have to get him done his daily essential works. He can't do anything on his own. What can I do for his treatment?
Hi, my son is 15 months old, all of sudden now (in the night), his body is so hot. And this is the first time it happened. I dont have thermometer also in my home, what can I do now as a first aid. Because its 3 in the morning, till morning what best I can do from my home.
My daughter who is 11 years old has got habit of over eating, how to deal with her behaviour, due to this she is over weight and poor in academics.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Good evening doctor. My baby is turning 4 months on this Sunday, the 22nd. All vaccines have been given as per schedule viz. Rotavirus, IPV etc. However, kindly advise on the pneumococcal vaccine. Doctor informed us that its a dose of 3 injections and an optional one and not a mandatory one. Please guide us and oblige. Will there be any adverse effects if not taken? Regards.
I am having dry cough since 15 days. I took Telekast L tablet thinking that the cough would be because of dust as I am allergic to dust, but no use. Now I took one Alkof cough gel tablet, but still there is no use. Now I am having pain in left throat when I swallow. Please advice me some medications. Thank You.
My daughter is 5 yrs, but dsnt eat any vegetable. Only tks daal n curd with paratha. She has a weak immune n alys suffer from cold n complains too about having pain in legs n hands. Please suggest what to do.
My baby is suffering from Fever, loose motions and vomiting since Friday. I consulted a doctor in Cloudnine but I do not see any improvement in my baby's health. I am giving him crocin DS 240 mg every 6 hrs, but temp remains 100. For loose motions, I gave him Enterogermina and Oflox. Since the effect is not much, doctor advised to stop oflox and start Taxim-O and Zedot 10 mg. For vomiting, Emeset and Lanzol. There is little improvement in vomiting though but not loose motions. Since his temperature is not coming down, he is not even taking in any food. I am trying to give ORS, coconut water and rice Ganji. Its been 3 days and he is still sick like day 1. Please advise.
I have a fibroid in uterus. It is a hypoechoic mass of 38x40 mm in size. Any treatment of it except surgery.
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal