Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Renuka.SYour feedback matters!
Raj Lakshmi Singh
I am 28 years old lady. About 4 years there are many red spots on my face I used homeopathy medicines but could not get ride. please suggest to get rid it.
I have some problem on my head (hair), when I have not used shampoo on head then I have felt something add on my head in hair and some 'phunsi' on my head, can I use shampoo daily, this is good for hair. What should I do please suggest.
Hi I want good body and fair skin tone and I try many cream like fair and handsome but not effected please tell me anything please help me.
I am having deep dark circles which m not able to get rid of tried various cosmetics healthy food etc.
My nose has oily skin but except my nose my skin is not oily tell my any do it yourself remedies or home remedies for it.
My skin colour is light brown I want to gain more colour Give me some suggestions to increase my colour.
I have my face with dark skin and my face is black with pimples . And my skin is very oily . please help me what can I do .
My colour is very dark I want to be fair what should I do to become fair and handsome please reply me and suggest me any creams which are safe or any natural home remedies to become fare in few months Thankyou.
He's partly fair like more than what but on exposure to atmosphere after a while his colour is became again down can you please suggest an effective measure to glow his skin.
A week back I had gone to barber shop where I got 2 big cuts where the barber put alum in it ,after a week I am getting vomiting at nights and was diagnosed with gerd in 2013, was this a risk for infection and what to be done further.
I have pimples and black spots and I was suffering from fever so please give a solution for this reason.
My 3 question 1.Change hair shampoo & conditioners cause any problem? 2. Change toothpaste cause any problem ? 3. Change hair oil cause any problems ?
Can dark pigmentation caused by nose pads from glasses go and look like rest of my skin? Is there any laser procedure to remove them instantly rather topical cream?
I am 23 old. I'm suffering from itches in the lower part for last 2 years. When I use itchguard it'll coll & after some days it'll again continue. What shall I do.
I have pimples on my face, especially on nose, they became hard and not clearing. One more thing is it is also due to my mom also has pimples same as me.
Among one of the most common skin conditions that affect many people all over the world is Acne. It is not a harmful or a dangerous condition, but is usually a cosmetic problem and may also sometimes be a symptom of underlying conditions.
What is acne and what are its causes?
Human skin has follicles or pores in them through which hair comes out. The accumulation of a substance known as sebum within the pores of the human skin can sometimes clog these pores. When this accumulates, dead skin cells also get stuck in it and results in a swelling, which takes the form of a pimple like a crest due to bacterial infections. This condition is most prevalent among adolescents due to rapid hormonal changes in the body, although many adults and pre-adolescents have also reported this problem. Here are some common issues and lifestyle factors which make you prone to acne.
1. Hormonal imbalances – This is probably the most common reason cited for acne as adolescents tend to be afflicted by this problem. In many cases acne goes away on its own after sometimes although in other cases it does stay. In adults, especially women it has been noticed that certain hormonal changes in the body may act as acne triggers. Some of the examples of hormonal imbalances may be:
- PMS or period related triggers in adults and adolescent women
- High testosterone levels in women
- Excessive androgen in men and women
- Hormonal problems due to polycystic ovary syndrome and others
- Taking medicines or steroids that may cause hormonal changes
2. External factors such as using too much makeup – Excessive use of cosmetic products can cause issues within the skin by blocking the pores within the skin may induce acne, even if you do not have sebum related problems.
3. Diet – Research has proved that excessive oil consumption as well as having foods rich in fat can cause acne problems. Moreover, if you consume iodine in large quantities or for a long time, it results in irritation of the skin pores giving rise to acne.
4. Certain medications and drugs - Consumption of specific over the counter medicines like the ones containing bromide and use of recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine can lead to the occurrence of acne as side effects.
5. Genetics - Certain genetic factors may also be responsible for someone being more prone to acne than others.
I sincerely hope that you found this information and the underlying advice from me useful. If you did, do share it with your loved ones and others. You can also consult privately with me if you believe I can help you with your Acne or other skin related conditions.
Wishing you loads of good health and happiness.