Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Renuka.S
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Renuka.SYour feedback matters!
Raj Lakshmi Singh
Sir I am 24 years old I am getting sever hair loss in middle and right portion of my head please suggest me sir.
My friend has white hair. At the age of 17. Can we reverse the whitening process? If so. Please suggest a remedy !
I am 23 years old and I have an viral infection problem on the left thigh. Symptoms are it is red in color like pimples, very itching and and it is spreading. Now I am using" Lobate gm" ointment, when I am using ointment, it is controlling otherwise it is growing. Please let me know which ointment to use and please send your valuable answer to solve my problem.
My son is about 15 years and his hairs are getting white at a very fast pace. Pls suggest something to stop it?
My many hairs are become white and I feel so silly please give me solution for doing permanent black hairs. Thnku.
Im 17 years old boy and my skin is dull. Can I use melacare forte cream to get fair skin. Is melacare forte is good cream ,does it have any side effect like. If it had side so suggest me any other cream substitute to melacare.
Every woman endure menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications, and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered.
How to Fight Against It
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin. Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly-coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!