Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Raj Lakshmi Singh
My age is 18! I have dandruff in my scalp. How to get rid of dandruff and hair loss naturally? And no hair grows in the bald surface. My hair is very thin. I wish to grow a thicker longer hair. Suggest a mild shampoo.
Sir, This is Dinesh Gupta , 29 year old male and have Hair Falling last 10 years. I have use many medicine and advise doctor's but not stop my hair fall .wht should I do now?
I am pallavi My hair are getting longer please help me My hairs are getting long again please help me How to get long hairs again please help fastly.
Sar mere face par pimpals bahut dino se ho rahe h mene bahut medisince bhi kha kar dekh li h but vo hona band nahi ho rahi h me kya karu.
A hair transplant surgery is one that helps in moving the hair follicles from one site of the donor's body to the scalp of the donor, so as to help in better hair growth. This is typically used to fix balding and hair loss issues including male pattern balding. This surgical hair transplant process does not act on the epidermis or dermal layer of the scalp. The longevity of a hair transplant procedure generally depends on the type of procedure that has been carried out.
So let us know more about the procedure and how long it may last:
- Pre operative Assessment: The surgeon will do a detailed analysis of the scalp of the patient so as to understand the cause of hair loss. This will also help the doctor in suggesting what kind of procedure will be required and whether or not the patient will need single or multiple sessions.
- Harvesting Methods: With mild sedation, this simple outpatient method ensures that the scalp is properly cleaned before the extraction and implantation of hair follicles takes place. The angle of the hair growth is studied so that the transplant may happen at the same angle so as to ensure that the new hair also grows similarly to make it look as natural as possible.
- Strip Harvesting: With this method, the hair follicles from the donor site are removed and a strip of skin is harvested from the posterior scalp where there is good hair growth. In this method, the doctor or surgeon will usually make use of binocular Stereo microscopes to remove the excess fatty and fibrous tissue. All the while, the doctor will ensure that no damage is accorded to the follicular cells during the grafting process. This is also known as 'Trichophytic Closure'.
- Follicular Unit Extraction: When one or four hairs are extracted using local anaesthesia, the process of harvesting is known as follicular unit extraction. This can take any number of hours depending on the number of grafts which may also go up to 200! These grafts are usually called micrografts and are said to last the rest of the patient's lifetime. The hair that has been harvested in this process will be nourished by the normal blood flow to the scalp, much like the rest of the patient's hair. After the surgery, it takes a while for the hair growth to show.
- Genetic Hair Loss: While the hair transplant method may be permanent, one must remember that the genetic hair loss of the patient is a permanent process as well. The hair transplant may ensure that the hair grows back, but it cannot prevent one's hair loss due to genetic factors.
I am 30 years old. My hairs on head and beard are whitening too much. Kindly suggest any suitable and effective medication.
I have many pimples on my face and I am not able to get rid of them. Can you please tell me that how can I stop them from coming on my face.
I was supposed to get allergy when red ant bite me. This happens from my childhood. What is cure for these kind of allergies.
I have a pimple problems in my face for the last few years. I have consulted some doctors before but not in use. Its irritating and want to get rid off the problem totally. Pls help.
I have severe itching sensation when I take bath in cold water mostly in the evenings. What do I do?
I have clotted type dandruff which on scratching makes more thick clot type nd which on again scratching cause slight bleed from scalp .what is it?
I am 24 years old unmarried woman, 2 days back, I found a red color bump on my upper lip. I didn't use any lip makeup except lip balm. I verified that lip balm, its suits for my skin. So, let me know the reason behind the formation of bump on my lip and is it a symptom for any chronic disease. Please let me know how to get rid of this bumps?
‘Head lice’ are insects that feed on the blood of your scalp. This condition usually affects children and is moderately contagious. Contrary to popular belief, head lice does not occur due to poor personal hygiene.
The symptoms of head lice are:
1. Presence of lice on scalp: Lice are small insects that are usually hard to spot. But their infestation can be felt because you experience intense itching on the scalp.
2. Itching: There will be intense itching on the scalp and the neck. This itching occurs due to the saliva secretion by the lice that the skin is allergic to. Usually, the itching starts after 3 to 6 weeks of infestation.
3. Lice eggs: The lice eggs stick to the shafts of the hair. They are very hard to spot as they are small and well camouflaged.
What can be the reasons behind their infestation
This condition is contagious; apart from direct contact with the scalp of an infected person, this condition can also spread if you happen to share the below mentioned items with an infected person:
6. Accessories for the hair
The treatments for hair lice are:
1. Over- the counter (OTC) products: OTC products are made from ‘pyrethrin’, a compound extracted from the ‘chrysanthemum’ flower. ‘Pyrethrin’ works as an insecticidal compound and it is advised to use these medications only after washing your hair with a shampoo. Vinegar may also be used to loosen the nits from the hair shafts.
2. Prescription medications: Certain medications can also be prescribed by the doctor, such as benzyl alcohol and lindane.
Certain home remedies for head lice include:
1. Essential oils: Apply oils such as Anise oil or tea tree on the scalp; these oils act as toxins for the lice.
2. Wet combing: This is a method wherein the wet hair is combed using a fine toothed comb to remove the nits and the lice. Repeat the procedure for 3-4 days every week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.