Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RenukaYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy can have a number of complications. One of these is known as placental abruption. This is a serious yet uncommon complication. The placenta is a structure in the uterus that nourishes the growing baby. In rare cases, this placenta can get peeled off- partially or completely, before delivery. This is known as placenta abruption and deprives the baby of oxygen and essential nutrients and can cause the mother to experience heavy bleeding. If left untreated, this condition can put the life of both the baby and mother in jeopardy.
The cause of placental abruption has is still not known, but there are a number of conditions that can increase the risk of suffering from this condition. This includes:
- A prior placental abruption
- High blood pressure
- Abdominal trauma such as a fall or blow to the abdomen
- Substance abuse or smoking
- Premature rupturing of the amniotic sac that surrounds the baby
- Any condition that reduces your blood’s ability to clot
- Multiple pregnancies
- Pregnancy after the age of 40
A placental abruption can be diagnosed through blood tests, an ultrasound and a non stress test to check the baby’s heart rate. Placental abruption affects the life the mother and baby in many ways. For the mother, it can result in excessive bleeding that triggers shock, blood clotting problems and the need for a blood transfusion. It can also cause kidney, liver and pituitary gland failure. Even after delivery, the mother may still experience vaginal bleeding. If this cannot be controlled, an emergency hysterectomy may also be required. The uterus may also not contract properly after delivery and the mother may need medication to help the uterus contract back to its original position.
Placental abruption deprives the baby of essential nutrients and can lead to premature birth or stillbirth. After delivery the baby may suffer from breathing and feeding difficulties. The baby may also be born with low levels of oxygen in the blood. Low blood pressure and low blood count can also be triggered by this condition. In severe cases, it can also lead to brain damage and death shortly after delivery.
Placental abruption can be prevented by following a healthy diet that helps regulate blood pressure. Get plenty of rest and take multivitamins regularly to reduce the risk of suffering from this condition. Lastly, if you experience any contractions or vaginal bleeding, consult your gynaecologist immediately.
I was having pcos since when I got first period. I'm having one child he is 14 years old. I done many treatment for pco but last one year I hv stopped the treatment but two month before I hv done sonography in that report there is no pco has been seen. Can it possible that I'm free from this disease and in future it will not come back .From two three months I'm having regular periods. Now can I conceive second child.
Hi, I got married 8 months back. Now I am 4 months pregnant. I have pcod problem since 7 years. Is it true that women with pcos cannot get breast milk. If so how can I get breast milk for breastfeeding after delivery.
We observe in pregnancy calender and last night do intercourse (her periods end on 7 Aug ) So it is important to do intercourse continuously till 18 Aug for pregnancy or we take some gap?
Hiii My wife is not properly in periods time to time every month she's phasing problems about period and during periods she's got much pain in vagina and feeling very weakness in body can you tell me please ASAP how to solve this problem.
My wife got uterus operation is their any tablet to increase sex mood. She is not interested in sex because she will get pain it seems. So I can not control my sex Desire so what can I do tel me sir.
Can a girl get pregnant if she had sex in last day of her period? And what if she took a pill named unwanted 72' 5 times in 4 months? Will it affect her future pregnancy? Or cause any abnormalities in her child?
I have not missed period till now though I am confused whether it is implanting blood or period, I fear to be pregnant can I take the pregnancy test at home for making it sure before next month's period as I am confused about its implanting blood or period?
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.