Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RenukaYour feedback matters!
I have my periods for more than 1 month, still it is continuing. The flow is not heavy. Please help me what to do.
Hi last night i had a sex wth my gf without potection now she is worried of getting pregent .Is there any solution to avoid it
Hi, My wife is pregnant for 1 month. She is getting stomach and vomit. Please give me idea how we can reduce it. We are consulting with a doctor but no relief so far. Please suggest.
Can somebody please explain me in simple words that what is likely hemorrhagic cyst right ovary and how to get rid of this.
She have a breast problem once in a month getting pain can't press, can't touch? What should she do to cure?
When it comes to the health of women, there is never too much one can do. The condition of amenorrhea, for instance, refers to the situation in which menstruation does not take place.
There are two kinds of amenorrhea, which are the primary form and the secondary. The primary refers to when menstruation has not begun in a girl who has reached 16 years of age. On the other hand, when a woman has secondary amenorrhea, what this means is that for over six months, menstruation has not occurred.
The reasons why primary amenorrhea may take place are quite varied. Tumours which affect the pituitary gland can cause it, as can an abnormality in the vagina or the uterus of a woman. Diseases such as polycystic ovary also have the potential to lead to amenorrhea. For secondary amenorrhea, a bad diet, stress and pregnancy can lead to it. But what can be done about it?
Treating Amenorrhea with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a truly amazing field of medicine and it is so great that it can treat amenorrhea, as well. One of the many good things about making the right choice of a homeopathic treatment plan is that it is highly customizable, according to the case at hand.
There is no one medicine which is prescribed by homeopathy for amenorrhea, which correspond to the various causes of the condition. So, it can be understood why homeopathic medicine is customizable as it proves to be in the case of treating amenorrhea, as well.
There are a variety of homeopathic medicines which can be taken for amenorrhea. That being said, it is important to keep in mind the fact that these medicines should only be made use of after a qualified homeopathic doctor has checked the patient and approved of the medicine. For mothers who have not experienced menses after they started breastfeeding their babies, Sepia is the medicine which is usually recommended. In a similar way, Pinus lamb is recommended for women whose menses are delayed. While these happen to be a couple of very specific or niche medicines, a general medicine for amenorrhea is Pulsatilla. In fact, it is widely considered by doctors to be very effective.
When amenorrhea is caused on account of the suppression of menses due to a tumour which is present in the ovaries, most allopathic doctors would be very worried. However, homeopathic doctors would know that there is a solution designed for this very situation, which is known as Apis Mel.
Now that it is known that amenorrhea has not only a cure, but rather, multiple cures; the cause for worry is not really warranted! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Depression is definitely something to do with the mind. However, it is important to realize that the brain does not work independently on its own. It still requires the energy that is supplied from the food that is consumed. It is also well known that most reactions in the brain are chemical reactions, be it happiness or sadness. The food that is consumed definitely has chemicals identified which can make the brain act in different ways. So, if the brain is feeling depressed, there are definitely some foods which can change that.
If you are someone who is feeling the blues and do not want to take a pill, try these happy foods which can definitely produce a change.
- Tomatoes: Bright red tomatoes look so good, they make you feel happy. However, they also contain lycopene, which is a phytonutrient that fights inflammation. Stress leads to constant inflammation in the body, and lycopene fights that. The smaller the tomato, the more benefit you have. The maximum benefit is from the skin, and so smaller ones are more useful with their better skin-to-fruit ratio.
- Bananas: Serotonin is one of the happy chemicals (neurotransmitter) that enhances mood. Bananas contain tryptophan which gets converted to serotonin in the body. No wonder that eating a banana makes one feel happy and carefree. If you have not observed, do so next time you eat a banana!
- Nuts: Some nuts can make you go nuts with laughter as they are rich in protein, a perfect snack, and refrain you from snacking on fried foods. What is lesser known is that they contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are proven to beat depression clinically. Vitamin E in them helps fight stress and inflammation, making it more beneficial.
- Oregno: This herb is full of health benefits. It contains caffeic acid and quercitin and rosmarinic acid, which are all proven to fight anxiety, fatigue, and sadness. What makes it more attractive is that is easy to grow, even in a pot on the kitchen window. Add it to your veggies and see your mood brighten up!!
- Chocolates: While biting into a chocolate leaves you grinning, there is a scientific reason for it. The bitter ones, especially, cause release of serotonin and anadamine, which make you feel happy and light. The darker the chocolate, more the happiness.
- Sweet potatoes: They are laden with carbohydrate and tryptophan, which as noted earlier helps fight depression. It also contains vitamin B6, a proven natural anti-depressant. Their rich content of magnesium and potassium also reduces stress.
Before reaching out for a pill to beat the blue, try these colorful food substances and see yourself feeling better and happy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I have unbearable itching in vagina and burning sensation during urination from the last few days. I am using V wash to rinse vagina daily.
Sir, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries 3 years ago. I have done all the hormone tests and all the reports turned out to be normal. My gynaecologist confirmed that I don't have pcos but only polycystic ovaries. I have consulted 7-8 gynaecologists so far and everyone of them prescribed me with hormonal medicines which were unable to cure my problem. Now coming to my problem, I don't skip periods rather my bleeding doesn't stop until I take the hormonal medicines every month. Can my condition be treated with homeopathy because I desperately want to discontinue the hormonal therapy because of its severe side effects. If there is any homeopathic remedy for continuous bleeding with polycystic ovaries kindly do suggest.
Dear Doctor we are newly married couple now my wife medical report said she is having Thyroid TSH E411 8.52 which is high also she have Bilateral Polycystic Ovaries kindly clear our doubt this will not prevent her from pregnancy if taking medicine will she get pregnant- Please Clarify.
Hello I am having irregular periods from last 4-5 months. Menstrual are getting delayed. And once it starts bleeding does not stop. Currently I am taking SYLATE T to stop bleeding. My thyroid and sonography reports are normal Please suggest.
Hi im pregnant and 21 im caitlin graves and im barely having epilepsy during pregnancy ive barely had a seizure 5 to 10 minutes and I was having a seizure on 4th of wednesday four pf them from 1 oclcock 2: 30 from 4: 20 and 5: 00 am in the morning I was really worried can my unborn children. Have it in the womb too?
I am 32 yrs old and 7 weeks pregnant. This is my second issue and my first child is 6 yrs old. Is it safe to travel by train during this period?
My wife who is 24 years old got recently diagnosed with genital tuberculosis when she had undergone laparoscopy for pcod. One and half year back we had undergone treatment for infertility by taking hormonal injections for 4 consecutive months but was a failure. She didn't conceive. Right now doctor suggested she need to take medication for 6 months for tuberculosis and go for ivf since her fallopian tubes got blocked and cervix is not good. Doctor also suggested to try to open her fallopian tubes after 3 months. My concern is will her fallopian tubes get open if she tries because damage caused to fallopian tubes is irreversible. I doubt as it is not completely blocked then it might also get open as I believe. Also I have seen many cases where performing yoga especially kapalbhat has opened the blocked tubes naturally. Doctors who read it please help me understand about this situation. Also let me know whether it's contagious to husband so that if it is then I can start the medication. Help me also to understand what are the possible ways to open the blocked fallopian tubes medically and surgically. Thanks.
We had unprotected sex on 12th day of my period and started to feel nausea, dizziness and headache from 3rd day after intercourse. Does that mean I am pregnant. How can I confirm.
I am a newly married. Want to use alternative for condoms, I am married and my wife gets rashes while using them. Want to know about safe daily pills for my wife that can be used and how to use them without side effects. Want protection for at least two years.
If you’re looking for fiber, potassium, or copper, look no further than dates. While dates are rich in many vital nutrients and therefore offer many health benefits, the fruit is so small that you’ll need to consume a larger quantity to intake the necessary amount.
The following nutritional data outlines some of the key nutrients found in dates, and is based on a 100g serving of the fruit.
- Fiber – 6.7 grams. 27% RDA.
- Potassium – 696 milligrams. 20% RDA.
- Copper – 0.4 milligrams. 18% RDA.
- Manganese – 0.3 milligrams. 15% RDA.
- Magnesium – 54 milligrams. 14% RDA.
- Vitamin B6 – 0.2 milligrams. 12% RDA.
- Note: Dates are high in sugar content – coming in at a whopping 66.5 grams per 100 gram serving of the fruit. It is recommended to lessen sugar consumption as much as possible, even when the sugar is being consumed from fruit.
A Summary Of Dates Health Benefits: Dates Are Great For:
- Weight loss
- Relieving constipation, supporting regular bowel movements
- Promoting heart health, reducing heart disease risk
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Reducing blood pressure
- Promoting respiratory and digestive health
- Pregnancy deliveries
- Hemorrhoid prevention
- Chronic conditions such as arthritis
- Reducing colitis risk
- Preventing colon cancer.
1.Constipation: Dates are often categorized as a laxative food. This is why they are so frequently eaten by people suffering from constipation. In order to achieve the desired laxative effect of it, you should soak them in water over night. Then, eat the soaked dates in the morning like syrup to get the most optimal results. Dates havehigh level of soluble fiber, which is essential in promoting healthy bowel movements and the comfortable passage of food through the intestinal tract, which can relieve symptoms of constipation.
2. Anemia: Dates have a high mineral content, which is beneficial for many different health conditions, but their impressive levels of iron make them a perfect dietary supplement for people suffering from anemia. The high level of iron balances out the inherent lack of iron in anemic patients, increasing energy and strength, while decreasing feelings of fatigue and sluggishness.
3. Sexual Weakness: Studies have shown that dates are even beneficial for increasing sexual stamina. Soak a handful of dates in fresh goat’s milk over night, then grind them in the same milk with a mixture of cardamom powder and honey. This mixture becomes a very useful tonic for increasing sexual endurance and reducing sterility caused by various sexual disorders. The science behind this phenomenon is largely due to traditional usage which stimulated formal research. the effects of date palms and their oil on sexual functioning and found that the high levels of estradiol and flavonoid components of dates are what increase sperm count and motility, as well as promoting increased testes size and weight. So, if you are looking for a masculine boost, eat some dates, because they are a great natural aphrodisiac!