Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Remya Sreedevi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Remya SreedeviYour feedback matters!
Fruits, such as apples, might be sweet, but they're also high in fibre and water. The action of eating an apple produces saliva in your mouth which rinses away bacteria and food particles. The fibrous texture of the fruit also stimulates the gums and massages it. Eating an apple isn't the same as brushing your teeth with a toothpaste that contains flouride, but it can protect you until you have a chance to brush. Pack either a whole aplle or apple slices in your lunch to give your mouth a good scrubbing at the end of the meal.
Dr. Puja Bansal (Director)
I am a student. I have been working in company since 2 years. I am suffering from obesity. Suggest me what to avoid in meal.
Hi I'm diabetic since 20 yrs, it is seems to be under control, please diagnose my main problem asper Doctors advice I have GEOGRAPHY CAL TONGUE it was from last 15 yrs, All home, allopathy, ayurved.
I am suffering from IBS with diarrhoea from last 25 years & need quick successful treatment. Now from last 1 year I feel more stomach pain, bloating, gas, frequent diarrhoea even if after controlling the diet.
My father is paralysed and he is using leofin 10 for longer time but we don't see any improvement is there any alternative medicine for this.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary