Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha T.P
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha T.PYour feedback matters!
Hello, my wife is pregnant, 4 months, she gets stomach pain, is tat a normal symptom, or any reason?
Running is proven to be one of the most efficient forms of exercise as it has a ton of benefits attached to it. For instance, running helps you in maintaining your body weight by cutting down that unwanted or extra body fat, and helps in keeping you slim and trim. It also aids in improving your metabolism. Regular exercising will keep you energised, and increase your stamina.
Before starting with this physical activity, there are certain things you should know about. These are:
- Be patient: Patience is key! Now, we all know that that nothing can change in a day. You won't notice any signs of improvement on the first day. So, the best thing to do is work out every single day with dedication, and you'll notice the results in a month or so.
- Be Comfortable: It is very necessary to feel comfortable before you start your exercise. If you are going to run with your high heels or slippers on, it's never going to work out. So, it is very important to dress in your most comfortable attire before you start running.
- Eat well: A healthy diet packed with all the essential nutrients is an absolute must if you plan to take up running as a regular exercise. Do not starve yourself at any cost or skip any meal. Running will take up a lot of your energy and a healthy diet is a must if you intend on being fit and strong.
- Drink lots of water: It is very essential to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Pro tip: Gulp down some water after your run, as we tend to lose water and minerals from our body in the form of sweat.
- Run with music on: Recent studies have proven that running with music on is the better alternative. Music helps us focus more on our goal and also helps us stay calm.
- Consistency: You have to be consistent in your workout and only then will you be able to notice a significant change in your health. Running at least once a day is recommended. Some people tend to run twice a day too, but that depends from person to person. Do not burden yourself too much. Running is an exhausting exercise and you should not force your body too much.
- Calm your body and mind: Running or jogging in the morning can have a positive impact on you as it reduces stress and keeps you calm and sound throughout the day.
10th of the June 2016, we have lost our baby at 21 weeks. Because liquor has raptured , after keeping my wife for three days in hospital, they advised to go for procedure. They gave injections to cause labour, my wife delivered a baby, sadly baby is no more now, doctors also done cleaning. But after 15 days we went to a different doctor for routine check and she advised to have tvs ultrasound, now doctor says part of the placenta left inside. So my question is how we can make that part out. My wife is diabetic, just had D&C 20 days back. As my wife is insulin dependent. We are in great need of your precious advise. Kindly tell us what to do?
My husband and me want to give a birth to a baby. We are trying but result were found what should I do?
I am suffering from hypothyroidism from last 2 years and taking 25 mg thyronorm tablet, and also I had pcod from last 8 years now I am 27 years old, and recently done with thyroid test and there is minor variation by 0.8mg, but again my doctor suggested me to increase dosage of thyronorm by 75 mg. Is it necessary to increase it as I am having minor variation. And cant it be cured completely. Please suggest is there any treatment for this.(and also previously I was taking glcoment 500mg for pcod and I used to get periods regularly, 2 years back I changed the doctor and they told me to leave glucoment and continue with thyronorm, initially when I undergone test for thyroid at that time also I have just minor variation, I don't remember lab values exactly.
Hi mam my last periods date is January 15 till I did not get periods. I took b hgc test and it showed 0.17 as result, am I pregnant now.
Fat and cellulite though are different forms of the fat cells must be eliminated from the body when in excess so that you can lead a better and healthier life. While removal of deep tissue fat which resides underneath skin is possible with many therapies, the cellulite which resides loosely adhered to the skin just under it, is stubborn and tough to remove. That is why effective treatment methods like Endermology have been brought into practice since the 1980s which helps in weight loss as well as inch loss. This is the first cellulite and fat loss treatment, which has been approved by the FDA too.
This is a non invasive treatment, and is a painless and permanent solution against cellulite wherein no scarring or surgery is done. To prepare the body for the treatment, one must follow the below 5 methods, which will let the effect of the weight loss/fat loss treatment to be more visible and faster.
- Get cellulite treatment: The cellulite removal endermologic treatment is a special treatment, which is done with the help of two rollers and a vacuum suction machine. The rollers roll or knead the skin and create a suction force in the loose skin superficially. This makes the fat cells in the body under the skin, release the cellulite which is very effective for belly weight loss. The warmth from the treatment initiates lymphatic flow, and good blood circulation in the body, thus increasing fat metabolism.
- Maintain regularity of treatment: The treatment has a schedule, and the best results are obtained only when you maintain regularity. You cannot skip the sessions. 14-28 weight loss/fat loss sessions are required initially within 1-2 weeks. This has to be done as suggested by the health and treatment expert. From the 6th session onwards, fat loss results will start to get visible gradually.
- Stay hydrated for the treatment: It's a mandate that you keep hydration levels in the body optimum to receive full benefits from the Endermology treatment. Ideally, 5 cups of water intake is must before you start a session.
- HIFU Treatment- the next level: High-Intensity Focalized Ultrasound is the next level of treatment, wherein the ultrasound waves are targeted on the skin areas at thighs, abdomen, waist, hips, buttocks, etc., which contain cellulite. This ruptures the deep-laid fat cells, and then the fat is induced to get drained through the lymphatic system further enhancing the weight loss.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle and diet: A healthy lifestyle with no liquor and smoking, no late nights or drug abuse, and no stress, etc. is needed. Diet has to be a low calorie, balanced diet, and all junk and oily food filled with unsaturated fats must be avoided. Light exercises or moderate to heavy as per the capacity of the body must be encouraged to see the effects of Endermology to become permanent.
The most challenging part of pregnancy is to ensure safety and health, of both the baby and yourself. Here is how you can overcome this challenging phase of life.
Call on your doctor regularly: Consult a doctor when you get to know of your pregnancy. Book an appointment for checkups and prenatal care. Get yourself treated for any sort of infection such as abnormal vaginal discharge or fever.
Have a balanced diet: Incorporate elements from every food group in your daily meal, for instance, meat, milk, fruits, vegetables and grains; to meet the nutritional requirements during pregnancy. Also try to get adequate folic acids in the form of vitamin supplements and foods such as broccoli, spinach, orange juice and cereals.
Be physically active: Engage in a few safe and simple exercises, such as walking or very light swimming. Do not work out in case you are unwell or exposed to hot and uncomfortable weather conditions.
Get sufficient rest: Have a good night’s rest. Though sleeping for about 7-8 hours is considered optimal, there’s no harm in overdoing it a bit when you are pregnant. You can take naps in between as well. Ask your partner to share your household chores whenever possible.
Be careful with medicines: Consult your doctor regarding the usage of non-prescribed medicines (as few of them may cause birth defects). You should also be extra cautious with your daily medicines if you happen to suffer from chronic illnesses such as thyroid or diabetes.
Refrain from substance abuse: Quit smoking as it dangerously aggravates the chances of fetal death and risks of low weight of the baby at birth. Abstain from alcohol or try to cut down on alcohol intake as much as possible. Being in proximity to other chemicals such as glues, hair dyes, varnishes or paints is also not considered safe during pregnancy.
Tread carefully: Your bulged out belly and unstable joints make you utterly misbalanced on your toes, increasing chances of you tripping over and falling. Be extremely cautious with your steps to avoid any sort of mishaps during a delicate phase as this. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.