Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha T.p.Your feedback matters!
Hi I am pranali my problem is irregular period cycle 31 day gap between first period to next month period what can I do.
I have a problem of irregular monthly cycle although this was because of thyroid but it's under control still the problem is same what should I do in this.
There are several medical conditions that can adversely impact the vulva in females. There can be infections ranging from mild to high as per the skin condition. The vulva is also at the risk of developing cancer in some cases. It is advisable to consult a doctor, whenever you find any bleeding, rash or lump in the vulva. Your doctor will be in a position to tell whether you need immediate treatment or not. Your symptoms will help him to determine the cause behind the changes.
What is the vulva?
Vulva forms the outer (external) sex organs of a woman. It is made up of two pairs of muscular 'lips'. The outer pair is called the labia majora. The outer pair is covered in pubic hair. The inner pair is called the labia minora. The inner pair is thinner and is very delicate and sensitive. You will find two openings in between these lips. These lips lead to uterus and urethra separately. There is a tiny organ called clitoris that lies just in front of the vulva.
What are the symptoms linked to vulva related diseases?
The symptoms will depend obviously on the underlying condition. Ranging from pain, itching, and finding a lump, you may notice several kinds of symptoms. All these changes are related to the appearance of the vulva. The symptoms decide the gravity of the situation. It is advisable to not wait and take prompt medical help in case of lumps in the vulva. A doctor will be able to tell what has happened to tell you by means of physical examination first. Later, you might have to take tests like internal swab test. A swab is nothing, but a small ball of cotton attached to a thin stick. It will be rubbed inside vulva to collect samples for testing. The doctor may also go for a biopsy to confirm the presence of carcinogenic cells in the vulva lump.
What infections can affect vulva?
Vulva can be affected by infections that are caused by germs such as bacteria, viruses and fungi. You may be affected due to the following infections:
1. Thrush: It is a common infection in women. It leads to a whitish discharge. It makes the vulva red and very itchy. It can be treated with anti fungal creams.
2. Genital herpes infection: It is a sexually transmitted infection and spreads by skin-to-skin contact. Many people who are infected might not have symptoms. But they are carriers and can pass on to a healthy person. There is an occurrence of mild soreness or blisters.
3. Genital warts: It is caused by viral infection due to close sexual contact.
4. Other infections: You vulva can be affected by scabies and pubic lice.
Hi I am 26 years old married woman trying to conceive from last 4 months ,my period in may was on 27th and after in june I had my periods on 22nd ,but this time I had unusual periods ,i mean it was not a proper bleeding it was just kind of spotting for 4 days, is there anything to worry or it is normal or should I just go and consult a doctor for the same, I had history of ovary cyst. Please.
I am 23 years old I got married in 2012 till last year I was not facing the problem of irregular periods but from last 6 months m facing dis problem I ve consulted d gynecologist. By using d medicine my period was regular but d thing was I need 2 consult her every month. But I need d permanent solution for my prob. I am not having kids.
I am 24 year old female m not married my problem irregular 2 mnth. Se mujhe period nai hue please ask me some medicine Nd solve my problem.
Almost 90% of smartphone users spend most of their time on their phones. Whatsapp, facebook, twitter, instagram, games. This addiction is not only heavy on our data packs and pockets, but are equally damaging to our neck and back. During neutral position of neck, there are about 10-12 pounds of force working on the cervical spine (neck). The force increases in proportion to the bending angle of our neck. Have a look at the attached picture.
The simplest solution to avoid this damage to our neck and hence development of cervical spondylosis is to hold the phone at eye level!
I am 34 year old and married. I don't have a child even after 2 years after marriageTell me what should I do?
Hey doc I have a question regarding my vaginal issue which I am facing from last couple of days which is start after my periods end something sticky coming from my vagina after some time gap constantly I did not have any type of masturbation or oral sex water colour is milky white and sticky please tell me what is the reason of it.
My periods are delaying so much. Because I took I pill before 20 days. I cannot see any symptoms of pregnancy in me. So pls suggest me anything because it's more than 1 n half month now.
My wife is 40-45 days pregnant but I want to abort her pregnancy. Please suggest me some easy way to abort her pregnancy as we are not ready for child.
She has fibroid in her uterus. She did dnc test. Impression of histopathology report endometrial hyperplasia without atypia and chronic cervicitis is it any problem for her.
Hello doc am facing problem with pcod but am taking treatment that. They given treatment for that M2-tone syrup and ovral-g tablets please tell me any chance to get pregnancy still I am not getting kids.
Hello, I am 21 and I had unprotected sex with my boy friend on 31st may at midnight 2am and next day only I took the i-pill tablet at 4pm in the afternoon. I was expecting my periods on 3rd or 4th june, but still it didnt happen, please help me with this and tell me what to do to get periods soon.
I'm 23 years old female. Married. I am getting my periods late from last 2 months. And we are trying for a baby from last 6 months but not getting a baby. please tell me some solution.
I am having problem of pcod for last 8 years .i got conceived in years 2012 with the medicine but suffers miscrage after 3 months of pregnancy since then unable to conceive now my hsg test shows blockage of both fallopian tubes. My gyne gives us two options either we go for laparoscopic surgery or go for ivf directly instead of surgery .i wanted to know which is better option or is there any complications in during pregnancy if I conceive thru ivf by avoiding surgery. Pls advice as earliest?
I have very active sex life. I am having sex continually for 5 days without using condom. I want to use condom, but my wife have pain whenever I use a condom, so I have to proceed without condom. Now both me and my wife are being worried, is unsafe or will there be pregnancy. Also after how many days after sex we can go for pregnancy test.
I am 23 years old, I had sex after one day of my period and it was unprotected, I had done pregnancy test by pregnant news kit twice one after 1 month n second after 2 months both were negative, its two months and one week now I dint had my periods what should I do now, same had happened before also I went to doctor and taken some pill and it regained again but now I dont have time to go to doctor, what should I do? please help me.
The risks and harms of smoking are pretty much common knowledge to most people. Especially when the pack of cigarettes practically screams it out to you in bold letters. Yet, as statistics would say, smoking in young adults has been on the rise in the recent years. What makes them take this step? Maybe it is peer pressure, or maybe they do it for the thrill of it. Every country takes a great initiative in educating their population, yet some fail to understand the complexity of the situation.
Here are some of the reasons that will tell you that even a single puff of the deadly tobacco can severely harm your health and general well-being
- Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of cancer. It can cause cancer in most organs of the body. Smoking cigarettes can cause the following
- Nose cancer
- Throat cancer
- Larynx cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Liver cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Cervical cancer etc.
- Smokers are more prone to respiratory diseases because smoking is capable of compromising the immune system of the body.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis are more likely to occur in smokers as their immune system is compromised by smoking.
- Smoking has been linked to diabetes type 2. This type of diabetes develops during adulthood. The more cigarettes a person smokes, the more likely is the person to develop this disease.
- Smoking puts you at risk of developing several heart diseases such as angina, heart attacks, etc. because the nicotine in the body results in the lowering of good cholesterol. This causes deposition of bad cholesterol in the arteries.
- Tobacco can cause tooth decay and several other oral problems such as gingivitis and other problems of the gum.
- Cigarettes constrict your blood vessels. This constant narrowing of blood vessels can cause erectile dysfunction in men and leads to the infertility in both men and women. It also makes them difficult to achieve orgasms.
- You might find yourself craving for cigarettes when you’re stressed out. This is because the effect of nicotine in the cigarettes is lowered by the hormone produced during a stressful situation, i.e. cortisone.
- Nicotine that causes momentary central nervous system stimulation can cause addiction and dependence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.