Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha Rajendra KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 32/F/unmarried and virgin. I am not on any medicine. I have noticed I bleed for 3-4 days after I masturbate. I don't insert any thing in my vagina and rub my clit with my pants on. From last 1.5 years, I am noticing I started to bleed after I am sexually excited. Last month I spoke to Gyne but couldn't tell her it happens after I get aroused. I am worried what it could be. Is it something serious. Please genuine advice only.
Duphaston 10 mg tab. & Jigest 10 mg tab. Kya dono medicine ka same work hai? Meri wife karib 2 months se duphaston & susten medicine kha rahi hai. Usko ye medicine kabtak leni hai. Meri wife ko December me abortion hua tha. Ab August ko 3 months ho jayenge bo pregnant hai.
I am pregnant 15 weeks running. Is train journey safe for me and how take easily for my journey best.
I am 19 weeks pregnant. I was train the crowded train yesterday and while getting down I got hard punches in my stomach. Though there is no bleeding or severe pain, I am too scared as does that punches harmed my baby, s any of body part. please advice.
Are you pregnant and wondering whether is it okay to continue having sex? If you are having a normal pregnancy, it is fine to keep on having sex until your water breaks or you are going into labour. However, there are some circumstances where you may have to modify your sexual activities or avoid having sex.
Does sex during pregnancy harm your baby?
Your baby is not hurt, if you have sex during pregnancy. The amniotic sac and strong muscles of the uterus keep the baby protected. The thick mucus plug sealing the cervix guards the baby from infections.
Does sex during pregnancy trigger labour?
In the case of a normal and low risk pregnancy, there are no such risks as sexual stimulation cannot start labour or lead to a miscarriage. Some mild uterine contractions may occur because of an orgasm, but they are quite harmless and temporary.
The best sexual positions during pregnancy
During pregnancy, you should experiment in order to find out the sexual positions which are most comfortable for you. Finding a suitable sexual position is hard because of the growing belly.
- The missionary position becomes quite tough as your pregnancy develops and is impossible to carry out during late pregnancy. If you try this position during your first trimester of pregnancy, you should wedge a pillow under you. This should be done so that your position is not tilted and you do not lay flat on your back. Your partner should make sure not to put any pressure or support on your abdomen.
- Oral sex is considered to be safe during pregnancy, but there are certain limitations. Licking is okay, but blowing into your genital area should be abstained from. Forcing air into the vagina may lead to an air embolism. This can be harmful for your developing baby.
- It is not safe for you to indulge in oral sex with your partner during pregnancy, if he has oral herpes. If your partner has got oral herpes, you should completely abstain from having sex during the third trimester of pregnancy, even though he does not show symptoms.
In case you are not sure of your partner’s HIV status, you should use a dental dam or a sheet of latex for placing between your genitals and partner’s mouth. You should take suggestions and tips from a doctor to know more about sex during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi doctor I have a cat and she was not well so I took her ro cupa clinic and they gave her some injection and gave me to clinvet syrup to give her every morning but she is still suffering from sneezing and cold amd today I noticed water is coming out of her eyes please help.
Hi I am sunny. My wife checked the hcg check for pregnancy confirmation on 05 may and on the report the result is negative >2. And on the same blood we also check the haemoglobin the result is 9.2 that's low and should be 12. So please tell me she was conceive but not fully conceive bec of the low haemoglobin or any other thing. Please guide me.
While pregnancy is not a pathological condition, it is a happy time that can be marred by various conditions. Debilitating morning or all day sickness, which is usually characterised by nausea, reflux in the gastro esophageal band, heartburn and acidity. This can also turn into vomiting and lead to complications if it does not stop. Persistent, almost daily vomiting can be termed as excessive vomiting in pregnancy, and this is known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum in medical terms. Let us find out more about this condition:
Routine: Hyperemesis Gravidarum usually strikes as a matter of routine at a set time everyday where the patient will either be in unappetising company of acute and painful acidity and nausea, or will also be vomiting.
Severity: The severity of the condition usually decreases as the patient's pregnancy progresses. Usually, this condition strikes around the fourth or fifth week of pregnancy, before becoming better towards the middle of the second trimester. There are cases, though, where it continues to be just as severe till the very end of the pregnancy.
When to take Action: The patient may have to be hospitalised in case too much vomiting takes place, so as to prevent excess loss of water and salt from the body, and resultant weakness which may affect the growth of the foetus. Also, it is best to call the doctor when you have experienced fainting and dizzy spells.
Causes: Hyperemesis Gravidarum or excessive vomiting during pregnancy cannot be attributed to any specific or single cause. Usually, it is known to be a genetic condition passed down by mothers to their daughters. But in most cases, doctors believe that the condition is due to hormonal changes where an increase in the HCG hormone, or Human Chronic Gonadotropin hormone level during pregnancy may lead to a variety of symptoms such as morning sickness or excessive vomiting. This hormone is known to be at its peak during pregnancy.
Risk Factors: It has mostly been seen that women who are carrying twins are at risk of suffering from this condition. Also, women who have suffered from chronic motion sickness in the past report excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
Treatment: The best way to treat this issue is to prevent too much of nausea and vomiting with the help of a bland diet that does not have heavy to digest ingredients. Also, it is best to take small and frequent meals.
Working your way around excessive vomiting during pregnancy is a matter of ensuring that you take rest, fluids and other precautions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Unlike the rest of our body, our teeth do not have the power to heal themselves. This is because cells that are responsible for the healing process are not present in large numbers in the teeth.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Doc m pregnant, 2 n half month completed, may I have all varieties of fruits like papaya n pineapple m little worried because ma elders r suggested me to not to eat pineapple, papaya coconut water. Whether these fruits are good to take in pregnancy or not. Please help me out. Tq.
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
Symptoms of psycho-sexual disorder you need to know
Psychosexual disorders are conditions that occur when there are discrepancies in sexual functioning caused by mental or emotional problems. These have various manifestations in the form of sexual dysfunction, sexual perversion and gender identity crisis.
The primary characteristic feature of psychosexual disorders is that these are not caused by any external physical factors or medical conditions, but are a result of internal conflicts that arise in the mind. These conflicts can be due to intense personal experiences that lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and guilt. Sexual trauma and negative body image issues are also known to cause psychosexual disorders in men and women.
The symptoms of psychosexual disorders have different kinds of indications in men and women. In many cases, it leads to the development of phobias towards sex and sexual activities. In other cases, it may create strong recurrent desires for unusual sexual situations and activities such as voyeurism, fetishism, exhibitionism, sexual sadism, necrophilia or pedophilia.
Each case is unique and different as it is caused by an exclusive set of factors, which affect every individual in a distinctive capacity.
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in women?
Psychosexual disorders in women are characterized by the following signs:
- inability to get sexually aroused despite adequate stimulation
- inability to achieve orgasm
- reduced sexual drive and the lack of desire for sex
- inadequate vaginal lubrication
- unconscious tightening of the vaginal muscles that causes interference in sexual activities
- experiencing pain during sexual intercourse
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in men?
Some of the signs of psychosexual disorder in men are as follows:
- inability to get or hold an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- premature ejaculation
- being unable to ejaculate
- reduced libido and inhibited sexual desire
- inability to achieve orgasm
- lack of sexual arousal through stimulation
Whatever is the cause, rest assured that it can be resolved completely with the help of a good therapist. So don't hesitate and continue suffering without getting help.
Related Tip: Why is having sex very painful for some people?
I am 24 years old female, Normally I am getting periods asusually but this month I did not get the periods properly and I am married. If I don't want to get pregnancy then what are the things do I need to take care?. Could you please kindly suggest me ASAP.
I am married for about 8 months now. We're planning for kids since two months but I am not getting pregnant. Is there any problem or is it normal. I had regular periods since marriage bt the last month I was 10 days late and this month 5 days late. Help needed asap!
Is Anal sex natural? My partner wants to try it but I am hesitating as I have heard tht it's something not natural and very painful too. How to eliminate pain while doing it.
Had unprotected sex with a sex worker. Got tested with HIV 4th generation test after 4 weeks, results were negative. It has been 8 weeks now, do you recommend testing again? I did had sore throat last week, also I am facing itching in scrotum, tiny red spots come and go on shoulder and chest. What to do. Should I test again now and also what all other tests will you recommend for me to rule out STDs?
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Indu Taneja, working as a Senior consultant at Fortis Escorts Hospital, Faridabad. My area of interest is high-risk obstetrics and laparoscopic surgery. Today I will speak about PCOD i.e, Polycystic Ovarian Diseases.
This is a disease which is affecting a maximum number of girls these days. In my OPD, there are 10-20 % of the girls are suffering from PCOD. The main symptoms of this disease are;
- Irregular periods
- Abnormal hair growth
- Excessive weight gain
The most common cause of this disease is the change in lifestyle of the young generation. Nowadays, the young girls are just sitting, chatting on their phone, keep sitting in front of the computers, having a lot of junk food like old drinks and hardly go for any outdoor activity. All these leads to increase in the weight gain and hormonal distribution changes which are hormonal imbalance leading to the symptoms of irregular periods and hair growth.
This disease is treatable. This disease can be treated very easily by your own will power.
- You have to change your lifestyle. Changing lifestyle means doing any kind of exercise like yoga, gym, atleast 4-5 days in a week.
- Cut down your junk food.
- Do some kind of dieting. This will lead to the reduction in your weight. If the weight is less than definitely, the hormonal imbalance is going to be better.
- Of course, the medicines are required to treat this disease but medicines are not as important as a change in the lifestyle. The medicines can be required for a long time also. But if you continue losing weight then the medicines will be more effective.
If you want to consult me the treatment or for any other problem, you can connect with me via. Lybrate for the video call or audio consultation. Also, you can come to my clinic which is Fortis Escorts Hospital in Faridabad.
Hi I am 17 year old. Ek month phle 13 July ko muje dengue hua tha tabhi mere periods aaye the 21 koo and now abhii tk nhii aaye and abhii bhii muje thoda weakness and body problem hai to can I take mp forte plzz suggest me.
How to handle Panic attacks?
It may seem hard to get a grip on anxiety during a panic attack, but learning the right techniques can help you get your anxiety back under control.
Panic attacks can be terrifying. These attacks stem from profound anxiety that can make your heart pound and your knees go weak. Panic attacks can make it difficult to catch your breath and can also cause chest pain and dizziness — you may even think you're having a heart attack. A panic attack may only last a few minutes, but it can leave you feeling frightened and uneasy.
Understanding panic attacks:
A panic attack and its symptoms of tremendous anxiety can strike suddenly, out of the blue. While a panic attack itself may be brief, it can lead to a lasting fear of having another episode. When panic attacks and the fear of having attacks occur repeatedly, people are said to have a panic disorder, a type of anxiety disorder.
Panic attacks: how to take control
The best way to stave off future panic attacks is by learning how to control your anxiety so that if you do start to notice symptoms of a panic attack, you can calm your mind and body until the symptoms fade.
People who experience panic attacks have to learn how to cope with their feelings of panic. While medication can be effective, cognitive behaviour therapy is one of the best techniques for managing panic and anxiety.
People with panic disorder have to become aware that their thoughts trigger a physical reaction, which results in a panic attack.
To gain control over panic disorder, it's important to learn and practice anxiety management techniques. Strategies that you can use to help you curb a panic attack include:
• Breathing slowly and deeply. Anxiety can cause you to breathe very quickly, which makes both the mental and physical symptoms of a panic attack even worse. When you start to feel panicky, be sure to take slow, deep breaths to soothe your mind and body.
• Stop and think. When your thoughts start spinning out of control, simply tell yourself to stop. Organize your thoughts and decide what you need to do to get yourself calm again.
• Think positively. Push negative thoughts out of your mind, and remind yourself that you are in control. Think about times when you've been able to manage situations successfully and reduce anxiety.
• Stand up for yourself. If you need to leave a situation, do so or tell someone you need to leave. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Allowing yourself to become more upset will not help if what you really need is to take a walk and blow off some steam.
• Relax your muscles. Anxiety causes your entire body to tense up, so make a conscious effort to relax each muscle from your toes all the way up to your neck and face.
Don't wait for a panic attack to begin to try these techniques. Its important to use these strategies regularly and learn to manage your anxiety in gradual stages. As you become more confident that you can rein in a panic attack, you can walk out the door each day breathing easier.