Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha PrashanthYour feedback matters!
Hi I have problem of ectopic pregnancy can you suggest what type of treatment is suitable for safe pregnancy.
I am 30 years old, It's been 6 years of our marriage and I have 4 year old baby girl, normal delivery. Now my husband is complaining that my vagina is very loose. Please advice how can I tighten my vagina.
I am 28 years old. I am pregnant but cyst is present in right overy. Size 2. 34 cm. Baby condition is good. My pregencytime 7 weeks3 days. What to do.
I have married before 1 year. I want baby. But when I have done sex my wife feel more pain she is so low weight like 35 kg. Due to these cause I have not done regular sex only done 1 time in week and on time of intercourse she ovulate white liquid is she have any problem please suggest I want baby now.
Hello doctor, I am 30 n married for 7 years. I don't have kids. Since 2011 my periods r irregular and I am taking treatment also. My hubby semen analysis report is normal. My hormone test, Hsg, pelvic scan, thyroid all report r normal. I'm very anxious to become mother. If I take medicine for period it will happen if not continuously for 3 months it will won't happen. My gynecologist had prescribed medroxyprogestrone2mg and siphene 50mg and eve care syrup. Again the same irregular cycle problem has started. My weight is 56kg n height is 5.1 inch. I have fed up taking tablets to regular my cycles. Please suggest what further I must do. Thank you.
Dear doctor mere wife ko acchanak chakra aa jata hai Kavi bhi aa jata doctor ko dikhaya but no fayda.
When you give some of your blood for someone else, it is called blood donation. It usually helps people who have lost quite a bit of blood in accidents or suffer from diseases, such as cancer or hemophilia, etc.
Like all activities related to medical conditions, there are myths related to blood donation too and some of them are:
1. Myth: Because you're a vegetarian, you don't have enough iron in your blood; so your blood isn't useful as donated blood.
Fact: The fact is that vegetarians can donate blood and their blood has enough iron, just as much as non vegetarians.
2. Myth: Infections, such as HIV can be contracted from donating blood.
Fact: This does not have a practical basis except for the fact that using contaminated needles might lead to contraction of the infections. However, usually fresh needles are used; therefore this never happens much.
3. Myth: Your health can deteriorate after you donate blood.
Fact: Your body produces new red blood cells as well as white blood cells after donation; hence your health doesn't deteriorate at all, except in cases where there is no rest taken at all after donation.
4. Myth: If you take medications, you cannot donate blood.
Fact: This is entirely dependent on your physician's advice. In case of some medications, you need to halt them in order to donate blood. In most cases though, taking medications does not prevent you from donating blood.
5. Myth: You will be unable to partake in physical activities after donating blood.
Fact: Heavy lifting should be avoided. Apart from this, donating blood does not stop you from physical activities. You need to rest for a while, but there is nothing about blood donation putting a check on most physical activities.
6.Myth: People with more weight have more blood to donate.
Fact: This is an entirely baseless assumption. Overweight or obese people are often unhealthy, so donating more blood has nothing to do with weight. Hence, obese people do not have more blood in their bodies as compared to their thinner counterparts.
Despite them being sweet and tasty, there are no nutritional benefits to sodas whatsoever. Moreover, doctors from all over the globe have concluded that numerous health risks are linked to soda pop consumption. Here are a number of reasons to help you arrive at a more comprehensive understanding of the harmful effects of soda on your health:
- It has been scientifically backed up that drinking sodas is absolutely pointless. Because sodas have been found to contain nothing but sugar and calories, there is really no reason why you should drink soda. Further, even diet sodas have no particular nutritional value attached to them, despite the claim that they have zero to no calories.
- The sugar contained in soda often combines with bacteria present in your mouth to form certain types of acid. These, along with carbolic inherently present in carbonated sodas, work together to have a damaging influence on your teeth, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
- Sodas can also prove to be injurious to your major organs, and are associated with conditions such as chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease and the development of metabolic syndromes.
- Because of the presence of large amounts of high fructose corn syrup, there is a greater risk of obesity. Furthermore, because of its high sugar content and its perverse effects on hormonal levels in the body, soda consumption is also associated with the development of type 2 diabetes, besides other complications like increased appetite and greater difficulty losing weight.
- Soda consumption also tends to soften bone strength and contributes to lower bone density. The presence of caffeine and phosphorus in most sodas further increases the risk of acquiring disease such as osteoporosis.
Fortunately, there are tons of options, which you can choose over soda pop. These alternative beverages will most naturally contain higher nutritional value and benefits. A few alternatives include:
- Fruit juice
- Powdered drink mixes
I recently had an medical abortion and I taught it was over with the bleeding. During the 3 week that I taught it was done I still went and had intercourse and the guy come in me is it possible I am pregnant.
Hello doctor, I am pregnant of 4 months and my age is 24 and weight is 43. Can any one suggest me good diet chart in order to gain my weight. And also I want to know do I really need to gain my weight? Is it very less? As every one in my family always keep telling me to increase my weight. Thank you.
• Eat a nutrient dense fertility diet
• Sleep tight and get plenty of rest
• Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and other drugs
• reduce your exposure to dry cleaning fluids and petroleum products
My sister 16 year old girl gets severe stomach pain during her mc she has consulted many specialists but no use even she takes many tablets consulted by doctors even then it is not working so please give solution to her stomach and back pain?
M suffering from negative thoughts from last three months I saw a dream having sex with another person not my husband these thoughts are getting heavy on me all the day now my condition is not well suffering from vomits all the day and not having meal all day is there any medicine which helps me to overcome from me this problem? M feeling helpless I want to think positive but negativity heavy on me always.
We are 40 years old couple planning for a baby for last 2 years, recent test shows low sperm! Please advice for medical or drugs treatment or so! We shall be very thankful- thanks.
My wife' s right side fallopian tube cut by operation. Now we want to a baby but no result. How can I do? please give me proper way.
I am 47 years old. Recently I got some problem with my periods. It started by the mid of 2014, I was getting severe abdominal pain before and after menstruation. The pain continues for more than a week. I consulted a gynecologist by december. I had to undergo scanning and biopsy test. The result was ok but in the month of february I got menstruation twice with heavy bleeding. This april 24 periods started with less bleeding but with severe pain. It stopped after four days, again on may 10 the same type of bleeding started with severe pain. It continued till today i. E. 18. This time I had proper bleeding but the pain was excruciating. I am a teacher working in bhutan. We don? t have proper medical facilities because of which I couldn't consult a gynecologist. Please suggest me what to do ?
Hello ma'am /hello sir, Please advise I am 23rd week pregnant lady .I have done ultrasound in 21 week nd my baby weight is 415gram. Before two week I did test my sugar level that was coming fasting 115 nd random is 130. I am worried .is it gestational diabetes??
Sirs I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. I haven't ejaculated any sperms but she was feared of getting pregnant. We had sex on Jan 4 its been three months. She has periods these three months. Is there any chance for pregnancy?
I used pain killer (cyclopam) during my periods due to severe stomach paining. Is there any side effect of this medicine can it create any problem in future.
Though some foods do not expire, but it is advisable not to consume certain foods once they have expired.
- Eggs: Eggs contain large amounts of nutrients per calorie. They are a cheap and tasty source of protein. It is no big surprise that they have turned into a breakfast staple; yet in case that you are eating an egg that is past its expiry date, do reconsider. These are the most widely recognized reasons for food-borne illnesses.
- Meat: Bacteria are common in both pre-packaged meats, and in the pieces you take from your butcher at the market. The listeria bacteria are especially hazardous, as the type of harm it causes can be lethal in most of the cases. From a general outlook, it is best to avoid processed meat.
- Mixed greens: Mixed greens including spinach, arugula, spring blend, bundled plate of mixed greens lettuce and other veggies do not keep extremely well after their due date. So if their withered appearance and disgusting covering does not turn you off, think about the bacteria and pathogens hiding underneath your sandwich bread.
- Hay sprouts: It is important that you use them rapidly once you get them, since they tend to be bacteria magnets. Truth be told, hay pulls in a greater number of germs than other vegetables, particularly in case you abandon them unrefrigerated.
- Clams/oysters: Bad oysters can be fatal. This is based on the type of microscopic organisms that develop in spoiled oysters. It is known as V. vulnificus. It causes an extreme type of food poisoning. V. vulnificus bacteria affects the circulatory system, sending the body into a septic shock.
- Shrimp: Much like clams and shellfish, shrimps are extremely inclined to bacterial contaminations. It is not to be consumed after a while since it can lead to food poisoning or diarrhea.
- Crude ground beef: E. coli bacteria are the most basic reason for food poisoning. These bacteria originate from the animal’s digestive systems and are available in all hamburger items. In case that the hamburger is prepared and taken care of securely, it will not turn into a problem.
- Berries: When berries turn sour, they pull in extensive amounts of cyclospora, a kind of bacteria that leads to food poisoning. While this sort of food poisoning is not as harmful as some others, it is something you definitely need to stay away from.
- Soft cheese: With hard cheeses, similar to cheddar, it is regularly safe to remove the external edges and eat the soft cheese underneath. However, this practice does not reach out to soft cheeses, similar to brie. In case you are discovering mold on the edges of your soft cheese, do not eat it. You may end up with an infection.
- Chicken: Poultry items, including chicken tend to cause the maximum harm in case that they are not taken care of and cooked properly. Undercooked and old chicken can be very unsafe for health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.