Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha MahanteshYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old married female. My height is 4 ft 8 inch and my weight is 58 kg. How to reduce my weight? Do I need to reduce my weight to get pregnant?
Hi doc. I'm 25 yrs, 112 kgs, 155 cm height. I have PCOD, got continuous bleeding over 3 months, and have taken medications for that. My doc advised me to undergo Bariatric surgery. But I'm very much confused and depressed about doing surgery and all. I'm not interested too. And one Doctor advised me to follow Paleo diet or a good protein diet for weight loss. I need a true guidance in this moment, I'm really very much worried and depressed about my body. Please doc help me.
I am 13 week pregnant. I did my first scan last week and everything is fine. Is it safe to travel from UK to India? Because it's a long flight journey. I am traveling alone, so worried a lot.
Here are some tips you can use or suggest to your loved ones to overcome failure, loss or rejection and regain their normal living:
1. Make yourself remember your goals in life: you may have faced a break-up or job loss, but there are other priorities in life too like your parent’s happiness, you friend’s happiness, your career and they don’t deserve your ignorance or your ill behaviour.
2. Failure is not the end of the world: Remember failures and losses too help us to grow and understand life in a better way.
3. Try to spend more time with your family and friends. During a relationship, we reduce the time we used to spend with our parents and friends. Post breakups make up for the past loss.
4. Don’t shy away to consult an expert: if you find your sadness getting uncontrollable and it's not stopping, no matter what you try or do, then consult an expert immediately. Counselling always helps you to get back in your life.
I want to know what are the symptoms for pregnancy and what care should be taken during pregnancy as well as what is the right age for getting pregnant?
I m irregular period lady. I m married nd want baby as well. For this month I got my period after 18days as last time I got period of 1st December. Now today I feel bleeding but very less quantity. Please advise.
Doctor I have pcos since two months. I have a regular menstrual period and are on time. When is my ovulation day? Please suggest me the correct timing of intercourse.
I have very heavy flow during periods with big clots. Need to change pad eVery 3 hrs. Is this normal?
I am not happy with my wife in bed she don't support to me on bed She loves me also and she was virgin at 1st night what is the problem.
My wife is 28 years old and I am 35 years old. We are married for over 2 years and trying for a baby for over a year. She is not able to conceive yet. Her Prolactin levels were high and after medication (Gaberlin) now its normal. But still she is under medication for Thyroid (Thyroxin 25mg. During this time her periods were irregular. She weighs 59 kgs and her height is 4' 9" My sperm count is 65million/ml with little sluggish movement. The doctor we are visiting says I am potent enough. Almost a year ago my wife was diagnosed with her follicle count to be 23million. After 3 months of medication (Lymecyline 408mg and Desogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol) her follicle count became normal. Also she feels burning sensation sometimes after intercourse for which she and me both were prescribed Itraconazole 100mg. And she was applying Clindamycin and Clotrimazole vaginal suppositories. Please suggest on above issues and measures for possible pregnancy.
I am pregnant for 45 days and it's in the early stage of pregnancy. Whether it is safe to travel by two wheeler and train during this period. Whether having sex with my husband is safe during this period. For how many month it is critical to do physical works.
Keeping your body fit is not only a prerequisite for a healthy life, it is also important for your partner's healthy life. When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person.
This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases:
- Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
- Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
- Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
- Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
- Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV.