Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Mahantesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha MahanteshYour feedback matters!
Very good experience. Doctor is very friendly and gives utmost attention to patient
Musli powder extra is a pill or powder, if taken is it disastrous in terms of side effect, will it not affect my fertility as I am planning for pregnancy of my wife soon n suffering from erectile dysfunction, please suggest.
Hi. I am 24 year female. I am having pcod problem from last 7 years. I got married 6 months ago. My last period was on 6th april. My pregnancy test kit has shown positive result on 24th may and my gynaecologist has done transvaginal scan on 24th may but it didn't show any sac or anything. I am really worried about my pregnancy. When does the sac or embryo can be visible in ultrasound? When should I go for ultrasound again? Please help me.
I have taken caberlin .5 mg tablet to stop breastfeeding but now I have severe pain in breast please hep me.
Please help me out to increase my lactation I'm a feeding mom My milk supply suddenly dropped And baby isn't gaining weight. I'm a working mom.
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since it is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It is no surprise that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy.
1. During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
2. The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
3. The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
4. Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
5. Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives.