Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
I have 2 months of pregnancy and I have to do abortion of my pregnancy please give me a suggestion and I have not yet married.
38 year old men married since 5 year not have child till date. After consulting doctor found there is problem due to low semen & sperm count. Six day semen analysis is qty - 1ml, sperm count - 7mill/ml, colour - milky white, motility -40%. Duration is also very less ejaculate within 20-25 sec just after start intercoures, it may be due to excess maturbation. I m tried ayurvaeda and allopathy in last 4 month but dont get benefit. Kindly suggest best medicine in homeopathy.
I am a girl. Most boys like to suck my anus in his mouth. Is there any disease from these to me. And to that boys. If we get infected from anus sucking sex. What we do next step to avoid infection.
Iam 28 yrs old female, when i was 1(1/2) month pregnant, i was done usg and found that there was a sub chronic bleeding inside. So i consult a doctor, doctor recommends me to take progesterone hormone tablet and prolution injection once in a week .After 2(1/2) month once again i done usg, a semi pac is noticed. Now iam continuing the medicine itself. now i am 3 months , doctor recommended to take injection twice in a week.folic acid IFA is also taking too. In future any problems will be in the child.
I take regestrone tablet when my period dates are gone. I wait for 3-4days after that I take that medicine for five days morning evening after take food. But still now no change. What can I do please suggest me.
I am srujana. I have irregular periods .at present I am suffering from over bleeding. Since two months continuously. As I am married and I do not have children. I used the tablets trenaxa and trenaxa-500 but no use .still it is continuing. please suggest a medicine to stop it and which should not affect my wish to have children.
Dr. Meri wife ka 1 baar misscariage ho chuka he Usko Bhut weakness he. please tell me uski Weakness ko kese Door kru me. Ki fir se misscariage na ho ske. Kabhi..
We are married since six years and my wife is not able to conceive. All her and my reports are normal but there is no success. We have tried multiple doctors and IUI too. It seems her eggs are not released and convert to a cyst. She has already gone through one surgery to remove chocolate cyst. Any advise. If you have any more questions which I may have not clarified, please let me know
Hi, I am 70 days pregnant. I am salivating very badly. I tried various food but I feel nauseating whatever I eat. I am coughing and built up with thick mucus immediately after eating. I am feeling very sick and sad. I feel little better when I just liye down. I already have 2 daughters. This is my third pregnancy due to pressure from my husband. Finding very difficult to manage my kids along with severe nausea kindly help me.
Hi, after my pregnancy i had thyroid and i have put lots of weight. I eat less but stil i am over weight what should i do ?Please help me.
I am underweight, very skinny and I get a lot of white discharge. I feel very lazy. What should I do?
I am 47 years old 2 years before my wife operated for carcinoma since than we are not having sex now can we have safer sex although she refuses to have sex it's advise able to have safer sex with her although every time she refuses pls advise what should I do.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!