Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am of aged 20 years I have participated in sex without using condom. She is of aged 25 she has got married and have a children of aged 10-15 years I used to have sex whenever her husband went to states and after coming from states he used to participate in sex with her after his absence I used to go and participate in sex with her. Like this situation was happened many times duration is from one year onwards is there any chances to get hiv/std upto now me and her didn't get any diseases.
We are married before 6 years. But unable to conceive. Now we are planing for IVF. So kindly suggest us about the same.
I am participating in miss earth and want to be healthy as well as active. What must be my diet routine which I should follow in order to be healthy and active.
My wife is pregnant and have thalassemia we have weekly iron sucrose drips for it doctor said to have egg for protien but we don't eat non veg so what can we do.
In this new age 'Weight Gain' is the most dreaded phrase when people left and right are obsessed with losing weight by any and every means possible, to look good and achieve an attractive personality.
Let me start with a ridiculous point, weight is NOT equal to fat (a misconception I've observed in my patients). A human's body weight consists of his/her ENTIRE body weight, including weight of internal organs like heart brain etc, bones, water content and MUSCLES.
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will first talk about Muscle Building its Reason and Importance.
The term muscle is derived from the Latin musculus meaning 'little mouse' maybe because contracting muscles look like mice moving under the skin. Muscle cells contain 'Protein Fibres' of actin and myosin that move against each other producing contraction that changes the dimensions of the cell. Muscle is used to produce force and motion.
This may seem like a small point but is extremely essential. Muscles are responsible for maintaining and changing posture, all external movement as well as internal organ motion e.g. contraction of the heart.
Studies from the CDC have found that muscle-building exercises can also
- Improve Balance, reduce the likelihood of falls
- Improve Blood-sugar control
- Improve sleep and mental health
Gaining muscle mass is not only about looking good, it also has health benefits.
The Importance of Muscles
More Muscle Equals More Strength - The more strength you have, the more physically you're prepared for everyday activities; carrying groceries, lifting kids (or your significant other), and enjoying recreational sports.
- Muscle Helps Control Blood Sugar - DIABETES SUGAR intimidating modern day diseases, yet easily manageable if you can build a healthy body.
- Building Muscle Usually Builds Bone too - Bone density is an important issue, especially among women and the elderly. Building muscles can improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Building Muscle Helps Manage Body Fat - Gaining muscles boosts your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). that is the amount of energy (fat) you're spending when you're just sitting doing nothing (for all practical purposes). It controls fat gain and prevents obesity and related conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension etc. Strength training is especially important for dieters. When you lose weight, up to a quarter of the loss may come from muscle, which can slow your metabolism. Strength training helps you rebuild any muscle you lost by dieting -- or keep you from losing it in the first place.
Building Muscle Builds Self - Confidence - It plays a critical role in promoting metabolic health, bone strength, maintaining body weight and reduces stress.
I'm a 28 year old woman and have been trying to conceive for the last 1 year but am not able to. Both mine and my husband's test reports are fine. What should I do?
My age is 28, my wife has suffers from diabetes during pregnancy, what types of medicines she have used in this condition,
Hi, In a some days I've chest pain in left side, I don't know what is the reason for the pain. I think I've breast cancer?
My sister has lost her baby when in womb at 6th month end because of PROM (leakage of fluid) doctors did scissoring to remove the dead baby and the baby's hand has came out from womb before scissoring. And the doctors said womb was very weak, the same problem may come for next pregnancy so please avoid having pregnancy and that same doctors suggested to go for Copper-T. But my sister has pregnancy for the first time 5 years after the marriage. We want baby for next pregnancy. Please suggest what to do and how many years have to wait for pregnancy? My sister's age is 28 her husband's age is 34 Please help me.
Does pcos lead to infertility? I have pcos and I am 19 years old. My weight and height are perfect for me but still I have pcos. Will I not be able to reproduce.
She has diabetes from childhood. If she gets pregnant is it safe to do Caesarean? And what are the chances that the born baby will also be affected with diabetes?
Hello I have my gf I so sex after it my gf havnt there period last 1 month 12 days I ask you what to do now?
My wife is pregnant 14 week end today What is the positions for doing sex in this moment If you have position images please share me.
I delivered last 2 months my husband is stay at abroad now he will coming to india I was period sep 8th he will come 21 st sep we want mote gap to another baby what should I do.
Pcos: is a state where you find an elevated levels of androgens (male sex hormones) in women. It results in enlarged ovaries with smaller cysts or a bigger one. The pcos is characterised by irregular periods, heavy periods, acne, difficult in pregnancy. The condition usually is accompanied with other disorders like heart disease, obesity, diabetes and stress.
The diagnosis of pcos is done when there is no ovulation, high androgen levels, ovarian cysts.
The diet that is to be followed includes a weight loss diet and low gi diet.
Take more green leafy vegetables.
Its better to take fruits as such instead of fruit juices
Use olive oil for cooking and take healthy fats like nuts, salmon.
Since its low gi diet, its good to consume legumes, dhals, pulses.
When you are to take egg. Consume egg white alone.
Practice yoga n meditation to get free from stress.
Regular walking of about 20 mins ensures weight control and also aids in the control of pcos.
I am 3 month pregnancy Muje breast aur stomach k beech me left side pain hot a h always aur swelling aja ti h Iski kya vajah h air kya treatment ho skta h.
Resolutions often spring from guilt about failure of willpower, when the focus can be on developing new portion awareness and habits that will work throughout the year. The goal isn’t to shun foods but to be mindful of the portions we’re eating while we’re eating them.
Mitalee Doshi’s PORTION-SMART STRATEGIES
- Take a healthy portion (on a small plate), sit down, and eat slowly, savoring every bite. The longer you take to eat a portion, the less likely it is that you will reach for seconds. It takes time for the body to begin signaling satiety.
- Eat fried or sweets in small portions may be 1 or 2 pieces.
- Whenever you indulge in fried foods or sweets cut down the consumption of carbohydrates like chapati or pasta or bread or rice and Have more Salads and soups.
- Have grilled , steamed, baked or roasted dishes instead of fried ones.
- Avoid eating too heavy and spicy food late night as it causes acidity & bloating.
-Have fibre rich foods
Have more salads , stir fried vegetables,pulses,fruits .Fibre takes care of stomach satiety and controls bingeing on unhealthy snacks.
- First order for soups & salads and then go to the main course .
- Opt for vinegar or olive oil salad dressing instead of ceaser or thousand island or mayonnaise dressing.
- Drinking plenty of water & green tea will help perk up your metabolism and ease digestion of high calories.
- Exercise more to help burn extra calories consumed.
Have a Smart & Healthy Welcome to 2016
Nutrition & Wellness Expert