Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha C SYour feedback matters!
Hi, From past 3 week, whenever I am having my breakfast lunch or dinner, after some time I used to belch a lot and there was burning sensation too in chest. And one more thing I am gaining lot of weight and from 65 to 71 kg, and my stomach is also coming out. Can you please suggest me how to cope out from these?
I am 24 year male My Penis size is 4.5" long. I am not satisfying my partner. How I Make longer my penis. Please advise me.
Actually I had sex with my girlfriend by using condom & she got pregnant and had miscarriage. Is condom not safe for sex? What was the reason to become pregnant. Please advise.
I am 22 year old male. I'm having a problem in my stomach. Whenever I wake up. I have lot of acid in my stomach and nausea feeling.what can be done for this?
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I had unprotected sex on 4th September and my fertility period is from 2nd to 8th September. I took an I-pill 4 hours post sex. But somehow I feel it would render useless. I'm 20. What should I do further?
I am 45 years male, having chest pain in both right and left chest. When I take voveron tablet the pain goes away. But comes back few days latter. Kindly advise.
I am 25 years my brother is suffering itp (immuno thrombocytopenia) can you give any suggestion or treatment details please.
Hello sir I am so anxious and I lost my mind coz I always think about HIV first of all I went for HIV test in ictc after 12 weeks of exposure and result was negative I am happy that time but next day of HIV test I went for tooth scaling in dental clinic with same Clothes that I were during HIV test and also do not take bath and after tooth scaling I was freaking out I always think may be my clothes or my hair contracted some HIV infected blood in ictc during test coz there was so many dirt in ictc like cotton balls etc then next day I went for tooth scaling with same Clothes and without bath and the dentist touch blood from my clothes and my hair and put his fingers in my mouth during scaling can I get hiv in this way coz I was bleeding that time due to scaling then after 7 hours of my tooth scaling I feel common flue like runny nose sneezing and low grade fever then I am going mad that I think I contracted HIV virus coz I am bleeding that time and dentist absolutely touch my gums that was bleeding and also I am feeling weak Ness and fatigue all the time after two months of this incident please help me 1. It's no risk situation that I explained coz I am bleeding during scaling. 2.should I test again after 3 month. 3.symptoms I describe it's related to another reason. 4.can I get married without any HIV test.
Hello sir. My brother who is a diabetic patient. 40 years old. Today only on test get results as 295 on fasting and 394 after food. please suggest the medicine and precaution as early as possible.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is time to think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill effects of these snacks all around us. This is where snacks like fox nuts are gaining popularity. Grown in the wetlands of Asian countries, they are also known as phool makhana (because of their flowery appearance) and lotus seeds.
They are a great snack and have multiple benefits. Read on to know about this wonderful, economical, tasty, and healthy dish.
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. They are therefore the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content makes them very useful for people with high blood pressure
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in the pregnant mother
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical, and has little hazards on your health, grab a bowl of fox nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.