Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha C SYour feedback matters!
Hello Doc....I have a cyst in the cortical layer on my right kidney...slight splenemegaly is present...this was discovered with usg....I have been waking up with pain in my back and stomach right side for 5/6 months but it would wear off or I would take a pain killer....10 days ago it got very bad which is why our doctor asked for a usg....tell me what course of action I should take...I'm on antacids and pain killers having tramadol in them..
Sir I feel my penis is weak and I do not get strong erection what should I do I masturbated since 10 year and I need to make my penis healthy if I have sex I discharge early please help me.
Dear sir how could I control my thaiorid I am teking medicin from last 6 year..please suggest me how can I get the freedum of this fever
Hello doctor, my brother-in-law is suffering from headache and fever from last 20 days. We have admitted him to ms ramaiah hospital bangalore before 12 days. He is still at hospital and doctors are please failing to find the cause in all the tests. Please tell me what is cause and what disease it is
Hijama is the Arabic traditional medicine for wet cupping, where blood is drawn by vacuum from a small skin incision for therapeutic purposes. Hijama can be performed almost anywhere on the body, often at the site of an ache or pain in order to ease or alleviate it.
I have cough from 3 weeks I have taken syrup also but now also im suffering from the same problem so what can I do now?
I have a prblm that, I suffer from mouth ulcer every month before getting period. And after period ulcer resolves itself. I drink tea daily alone. To please let me know the what are the causes for ulcer?
Its not a disease, its a habit of intestines
Many people in this world suffer from chronic constipation. It's not a disease but a habit of intestine who have forgotten proper peristaltic movements which help in expelling waste material out of body.
People indiscriminately use phenolphthalein type of drugs to help easing expulsion of wastes out of body. These drugs are not good for health. These make intestines further lazy to act on its own.
Ideal remedy is long walks/ jogs/ runs/ yoga asans, deep breathing/ kapal bhati, lots of water intake, lots of fiber intake in diet and easily digestible, non spicy, non greasy foods and cow milk, buttermilk etc
These help intestines to expel wastes by regaining peristaltic movements. If intestines are forcibly evacuated by allopathic drugs or ayurvedic strong purgatives, the many ft length of intestines get evacuated. Following days are needed to fill up the length and expellable material will need to traverse full length before reaching rectum. This makes people apprehensive and impatient and they think constipation was removed but has come again today. It is ridiculous.
There are other factors too but are manageable accordingly.
Soaked dry grapes and figs are very helpful in boosting peristaltic movements and providing fibers as well as essential enzymes and minerals to gastro intestinal tract.
Well acclaimed chyavanprash which is full of fibers, minerals, vitamins and enzymes is very useful in maintaining peristalsis besides good health. It lubricates intestines too.
Tip: chronic constipation sufferers should use simple chyavanprash 4-5 tsp or more empty stomach daily. Do not take breakfast or lunch until fully hungry. Dry grapes/ anjir soaked overnight in 20-30 gms daily will also help same way when eaten every morning.
Mild laxative tarunikusumakar herbal powder (chooran) may be taken 1 tsp at night with warm water, if still needed.
I suffering from dry cough for the last one week and I have chest pain when I cough hard please suggest me medicine.
When I start intercourse with partner. I can't spend much time. I hardly control it. Can you suggest I can I do?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hepatitis is a medical condition in which the liver gets inflamed due to the action of a virus mostly. The type of treatment for this condition is decided according to the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are 5 types of viral hepatitis as described below:
- Hepatitis A- This type of viral hepatitis develops due to an infection from Hepatitis A virus. Consumption of contaminated food and water can result in this condition. Hepatitis A cannot be treated but vaccination helps in preventing its development.
- Hepatitis B- Infection due to Hepatitis B virus results in this condition. Contact with infected body fluids like saliva, blood or semen, sharing razors with infected people, having sexual contact with an infected person etc. increases the chances of suffering from this condition in a person.
- Hepatitis C- It is a type of viral hepatitis which develops due to an infection from Hepatitis C virus. Direct contact with infected body fluids, sexual contact, and drug use through injection may result in the development of this condition.
- Hepatitis D- Infection from the Hepatitis D virus may result in this severe liver disease known as Hepatitis D or Delta hepatitis. Direct contact with infected blood or a puncture would result in the development of such a condition.
- Hepatitis E- Spread of Hepatitis E virus, due to poor sanitation (leading to ingestion of fecal matter) may result in this waterborne disease known as Hepatitis E.
Here are some things you can do in order to prevent viral hepatitis
1. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water - Maintaining proper hygiene is very important in order to prevent viral hepatitis. Especially if you are living in or travelling to a developing country, you must avoid drinking local water, eating raw fruits and vegetables without washing them, having seafood or having ice.
2. Avert contamination of blood - In order to prevent viral hepatitis due to blood contamination, sharing of razors, sharing of drug needles must be avoided. Using somebody else's toothbrush must also be avoided. Spilled blood should not be touched by anyone. It can become a cause of viral hepatitis in him/her due to blood contamination.
3. Vaccinate yourself - For Hepatitis A and B, vaccines have been developed. You can safeguard yourself from these forms of hepatitis by vaccinating yourself. However for Hepatitis C, D, and E, vaccines are yet to be developed.