Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha B. PatilYour feedback matters!
After taking bath my eyes become red. But after sometime redness goes off. I am 60 years old. I had an accident with two bullocks in the year 2002. I think this problem has its origin since then. At that time my forehead was bruised. In order to save myself from the wrath of fighting bullocks I had to crawl on the road. My specks were broken. I took medicines from a doctor in kanpur. Otherwise I am fit. Please suggest me why it is so.
I am having Pink Eye. From last 2 days, I am putting Ciplox medicine in my eye, however there is very less improvement. I used Zaditor too (Alergy infection) but there is very less improvement. Please suggest me which is best medicine.
I am 27 years old male and have type 2 diabetes since 1 yr. So what should I take to protect my eyes and kidneys.
I hve red eyes for over 3 days. What should I do for best. Suggest me fast s per your knowledge. thanks.
I am 21 year old I have pain in the centre point head, upper the eyes, and problem of high sound and flash of light. Please advise some tips.
What if the mobile has the features of reading mode on which turns screen yellowish which feels better to eyes.
Eyelid spacer grafts are widely used by cosmetic surgeons for treating abnormalities in the lower eyelid. Spacer grafts are surgically used for tectonic support. Spacer grafts are scientific and the technology used helps in virally inactivating tissues, and also in the preservation and sterilization of tissues. They are immunologically and biologically safe. Eyelid spacer grafts are commonly used after undergoing a blepharoplasty surgery of the eyelids
When are eyelid spacer grafts used?
Many people have puffy and fat eyelids. Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which effectively cures such disorders. The process involves removal of extra fat and skin from the lower eyelids and trimming of excess skin. Eyelid retraction is another condition pertaining to the eyelids, where the eyelids look like they have been pulled down. This condition arises from the removal of too much skin during blepharoplasty. Loose ligament support and excess scarring in the eyelids also lead to eyelid retraction. When this condition does not cease in the post- operational period, eyelid spacer grafts may be used.
Benefits of eyelid spacer grafts
- Eyelid spacer grafts are effective and helpful in a large number of conditions. The major benefit of spacer grafts is to repair lowered eye retraction after carrying out a blepharoplasty surgery.
- The eyelids are lengthened vertically as a result of using eyelid spacer grafts. This helps in better closure of the lids and also reduces eye irritation in patients.
- The eyelids are made to look more natural when they are in resting position. Spacer grafts are placed at the back of an eyelid. Thus, they are not visible from the outside.
- The recovery time after using eyelid spacer grafts is almost the same as most eyelid surgeries in general. The results are usually very effective.
- Eyelid space grafters are not the only ones used for repairing eyelid retraction, but these are certainly one of the most efficient ones. They give proper support to the lower eyelid, which is required for the proper closure of the eyelids and maintain proper eyelid positioning after a blepharoplasty surgery.
- Eyelid spacer grafts ensure permanent cure of eyelid retraction, and it is unlikely that this disorder will occur again after eyelid spacer grafts have been used.
- Eyelid spacer grafts have proven to be one of the best remedies for eyelid retraction, which many people experience after having a blepharoplasty surgery. There are different types of eyelid spacer grafts that will be recommended by your surgeon to correct eyelid retraction, depending on your case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Sir I had surgery on my eyes for glaucoma in 2009. But now I feel little bit pain in my eyes like a weakness pain. Abut I was gone to the hospital they told me that my eyes is good or normal. Just give me a some medication. If I work on my lappi after that my eye are being red. So sir tell me how can I work o. My lappi? Now I'm using optical. But I think I'm not getting relief.
I am suffering from headache. My eye is getting painful when I saw at light and its get blinking. Pls suggest me medicine.
My son is 14 years old, He have some small wounds on his upper and lower eyelid on both eyes. When we try to remove or clean the wounds, he will suffer with severe pain and blood flows out of the wounds. Please advice.
I am suffering from myopia for 4yrs Rt eye -1.25 Lt eye -0.5 I wear specs rarely as one eye is normal Recently I checked refraction and optometrist told you have to use cylindrical lens What is the cause for it?
Young 21 year old came today with complains of pain and watering after something fell in his eye during a joy ride on his friends new bike . Resulting in a Corneal Ulcer .