Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 31 year old woman 10 days back I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and took the ipill in within 24 hours. From then the white water is coming more frequently out of my vagina. Is it normal?
I am suffering from severe headache from last day because of which I unavailable to. Pay attention towards my studies. What should I do.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
I'm 56 Years old. Recently I went to US for leisure and meet friends family. Few of my friends of my age are regularly taking baby aspirin (81mg). They told that this keeps safe from heart attack especially with history of cholesterol. I have history of heart attack in family as my father & grand mother died of heart attack & my 2 paternal uncles out of 3 had bye pass surgery. My cholesterol level also remains high and I regularly take Ozovas-F (half Tab daily). I also get my blood test after every 6 months to see the variations. I dont have BP. Sugar is under good control as per HbA1c test. I take Densical-CT after diner because my Dr. advised me as my PP went 160 & fasting 121. Here in India, when contacted when discussed with Dr, he said that in India aspirin as preventive med is not advised. I have carried 2 bottles of baby aspirin from US which contain 365 tabs each bottle. My questions are (1) should I continue taking aspirin as preventive med (2) can I discontinue in between any time?
Lybrate | Dr. V.Shanmuga Sundram speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY