Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Regina SabapathyYour feedback matters!
Mere kanon mei seeti bajati hai 24 hours. Samajh nahin arah ki me kya karun. Kripaya mujhe guide karen. Jitna jaldi ho sake utna. Thanku.
I am 65 years old and have ringing sound in my right ear, with loss of hearing. My MRI of brain is normal and OK. This is for last 14 months. My left ear is normal. My BP is 170/90.
I am 40 years old female there are some wounds in my throat and upper side of mouth. It is very painful when taking food. Already I am suffering from acidity. Took the following medicines but not cured. 1. Supradyn tablets 2. Opta-d tablets 3. Caramicide oral liquid.
I have a regular throat roughness by last 4-5 years and I took several medicines but there's no benefit. What should I do?
Recently, I have started getting spins. I doubt its vertigo. I want to get rid of it permanently. How can I get permanent solution for it?
I am 37 year old, from few days having excessive sweat on head and throat area with this bleeding from nose is also going on that is so mild. Please tell me whats going on and suggest a doctor for this.
Have continued cold. Sore throat my voice have gone completely bcz of cold & severe cough whats the treatment?
I am suffering from cold and cough I am not able to talk now to any one because my throat is painting so please tell me what I should take precaution to be safe?
I have been suffering from sore throat since last 3 months. Visited an ent specialist and was prescribed to take antibiotics. I even did blood test for allergy. (TIGE) and it was quite high (576.3) and it should be less than 158. I am taking medicine for it also. I did ct scan also (CTPM limited)(CT Scan of PNS). The reports states the following. DNS as described with mucosa hypertrophy and edema of the right inferior and middle turbinates and similar hypertrophy of the posterior aspect of the left inferior turbinate. Mild inflammatory mucosa thickening along the floors of both maxillary, frontal and left sphenoid sinuses and suggestive of mild sinusitis. Subtle inflammatory soft tissue and secretions in few of the right posterior ethmoidal air cells. Extension of pneumatization of both of the sphenoid sinuses into the lateral recesses and clinoid processes. Bilateral type I frontal cells. Hypertrophied and bulky nasopharyngeal adenoids causing narrowing of the upper air way. I am asked to get operated for adenoids and inflation of nose. So could you suggest what should I do. Also I feel itching on my body after I have groundnuts so I have stopped it now.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory Infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Bleeding disorder
- Blood clotting problems
Treatment: A nosebleed can easily be treated at home. While in a sitting position, close your nostril by squeezing the soft part of your nose. Hold your nose for ten minutes, then lean slightly forward. Inhale and exhale slowly using your mouth.
Never lie down when you are trying to stop a nosebleed, as you will end up swallowing the blood which can upset your stomach. Remove your hand from your nose after 10 minutes and check if the bleeding has stopped. If it has not, repeat the steps all over again.
However, consult a doctor if the bleeding does not stop or if there is a foreign object stuck in your nose.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.