Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Regina MathewYour feedback matters!
Hi Everyone. I Am 21 years old and have a pain In my right knee which got a ligament fracture 5 yrs Ago It is still persistent when it comes for running. What should I do.
It's been Above 1 year, I used to take "Methylcobalamin Injection" once in a week. As I have "Cervical spondylosis" By taking this injection I felt very relax. So my question is, Is it good to continue this injection at least twice inna month for the next 1 & 1/2 yrs. If not then why & what are the side effects. Please suggest & let me know the side effects of this injection.
Hi I am in need of your help with the best way of suggestions, I am suffering from headache that's back side, like this pain this is second time but pain is heavy, It is on the left side of head thank you.
I am 39 year male guy facing following problems from last three months. 1] Both knee's paining while sitting and standing. 2] Difficulty in full breathing of full. I hv worked in power plant environment from over a year to last month. 3] joint pains in arms, toes, knees and back pain. 4] seeing black coloured spots while standing 5] now feeling lack of full strength inside the body. Before a year feeling full strength but now not. 6] over a year ago in oct 2014 weight is 63 kg and now weight is 57 kg. 7] feeling asthmatic while running and walking. 8] can't able to breathe from both holes un neck. Can breath from online right side hole. 9] I have frozen left side testicles, frequently itching in gap between lap and testicles. 10] I have left side facial paralysis from 2002 need to see expert who can cure it. 12] feeling very weakness and eye lids itching. 13] hair are falling14] I feel always tensed due to pending work and due to job tensions. Please suggest suitable medication which can cure above said things of my health and I can become fit with health.
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
Back pain may occur due to various reasons. Chronic back pain is the one that remains for 12 weeks or more than that even after the cause of the pain has been treated. There are several ways of treating chronic back pain. Its treatment depends upon the nature of injury or the actual underlying cause of the pain.
The treatment for back pain has been listed below:
- Short-term methods: Initially, people use short-term remedies for tackling back pain. Over-the-counter painkillers and home remedies are used to cure the patient. This might show useful results within six weeks.
- Continue movement: Although traditionally, patients with back pain were advised to take complete bed rest. However, doctors today are of the opinion that patients should not take complete bed rest. The patient should try to move around a bit. It may be hurting first, but slowly it will heal the pain. One can take up brisk walking for best results.
- Painkillers: Patients are first prescribed to take paracetamol. However, some people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for faster relief. There are stronger painkillers like codeine. But one must keep in mind that painkillers are not good for health. They have side effects. Long-term use of painkillers can cause damage to the kidneys. If these are not effective, the doctor might switch to muscle relaxant like diazepam.
- Hot and cold compress: Patients are advised to take hot or cold compress to get relief. A hot bath or compress with hot water can be useful. Otherwise, using ice pack can also produce effective results. Often, alternate hot and cold compress are advised to get rid of the pain.
- Change your sleeping style: The pain can be reduced to a great extent by changing one's sleeping pattern. Use pillows to change the sleep pattern.
- Exercise: The patient might have developed back pain due to faulty posture or obesity. In order to get rid of the pain, one must address these issues first. Shred the extra pounds b exercising the correct way to get cured of the pain.
- Acupuncture: It is a kind of treatment in which fine needles are put at different points of the body. This helps in reducing the pain.
- Oil massage: There are various kinds of massage techniques available. These improve the circulation of blood. This in turn, rejuvenates the muscles and bones by providing sufficient oxygen supply.
- Antidepressants: These are prescribed when painkillers don't show effective results. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline are given to the patient. However, these are given in small doses.
- Stay calm and positive: It is important to have a positive frame of mind to get rid of the pain. One has to be patient and not lose hope while the treatment is on. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.