Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ReginaYour feedback matters!
There comes a stage in every woman's life when on one hand she is relieved to see the end of monthly menstruation, and on the other hand has to deal with a host of other problems. This is called menopause, and hot flushes are a common symptom faced by most menopausal women. Hot flushes can be described as spikes in internal body temperature and excessive sweating accompanied by dizziness, nausea and overall tiredness. Homeopathy can be very effective in relieving menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes. Each woman's symptoms of hot flushes are unique, and a homeopathic doctor will prescribe treatment based on her symptoms and personality characteristics. Five most common homeopathic remedies for hot flushes are:
Sepia is anti-spasmodic and an energy enhancer that is very effective for women who perspire heavily because of hot flushes and feel very weak. Sepia addresses not only the physical symptoms of the reproductive organs but also the emotional symptoms. It also treats associated hair loss, depression, irritability and a reduced libido.
Women who benefit from Lachesis are usually lively and easily excitable, but at the same time can quickly turn suspicious and aggressive. Menopause makes these symptoms worse. When it comes to hot flushes, Lachesis is especially beneficial for women who suffer from pressure and burning sensations on the vertex. Lachesis is also prescribed mostly for menopausal women who experience hot flushes that start from the head, and are worse just before sleeping or on waking up.
Pulsatilla is a useful remedy for any major hormonal change. It works very well on women who tend to be indecisive and do not like being isolated. Pulsatilla can be very effective if your hot flushes are followed by chilly spells and emotional upheaval.
If your hot flushes makes you feel like your face is on fire and turns your skin red, Belladonna is what you need. Doctors commonly prescribe this homeopathic remedy for patients who are restless and agitated and suffer from palpitations. Menopausal women with hot flushes, who benefit from Belladonna, also usually suffer from dizziness, throbbing headaches, diarrhea and swollen joints.
If you generally feel fine but any slight exertion makes you feel tired and you experience sudden hot flashes, you may need Ferrum Metallicum. This can be accompanied by heavy perspiration and chilly spells. Ferrum Metallicum works ideally on people who are naturally temperamental, intolerant and compulsive workers. "
Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder in which the body makes an abnormal form of haemoglobin. Haemoglobin is the protein molecule in red blood cells that carries oxygen.
At birth, the baby with Thalassemia major seems entirely normal.This is because the predominant Haemoglobin at birth is still foetal Haemoglobin. After first few months the baby becomes a lot paler develops infection has poor appetite and bouts of fever.
Hello dr, I hv 10 month old she does breastfeed. Still I does not get periods is it normal? What should I do?
My wife age 27 years have thyroid problem slightly more TSH 4.06 range (. 4 to 4 Uiu/ml). Not having period for last two months since 14 November. Ultra sound and pregnancy test is negative. What are the possible causes of this problem. She is not ready to take regestrone or other pills to force mc.
Gyno has given me Yasmin 21 pills medicine bcoz my stomach pain during periods .I want to ask after taking this medicine my stomach will not pain or it will pain after completing its course and this medicine will harm to my reproductive parts or not. My age is 21 and I have regular periods.
I am 22 years old and I am suffering with pcos and now I am using dronis 30 and I did sex on 8th day of my period is there chance to get pregnant?
Hi, me and my bf had a sex last month with protection but in last we removed protection and had sex, but he didn't ejaculate, and I got my periods a bit delay of 3-4 days, now will I get pregnant.
I am 18 years old I have sex with my girl friend without condoms will my girl friend will became pregnant.
I was off on a pilgrimage. Had postponement tablets for my periods for 4 days. Its been 4 days since I stopped d tablets but stil have not gt my periods? Cn I be pregnant inspite d medication?
In periods bleeding is very less from 3 months but periods are regular there is no pcod and thyroid problems noticed in scanning and other tests but gaining weight continuously I am having haemoglobin 9gm why I am not having bleeding and please give me solution for over weight.Please tell.
My monthly cycle date is 29 it was regular but very next week on Wednesday I get periods. It's start like irregular only the stomach back pain but after 3 days its started as regular bleeding but now its going to be 2 weeks now but still having bleeding no pain flow also down as compare to but I am worried why this was not stop at 5 day. I am having thyroid so taking tyronorms 75mgm before periods it was 50mgm but doctor increase the dosage. Should I need to consult thyroid doctor for this. Please help me.
My period was 5 to 9 I Had Sex On the 19 And Took The postpone 72 Pill 17 hours after what could happen.
Ayurveda can offer a psychological system of treatment quite like it can aid in physical treatment. The scope of its practice incorporates both mental as well as physical healing. Thus, you won’t be able to comprehend Ayurveda in its fullest sense without having a look at its influence on the human mind and its consciousness.
The evaluation of the mind is as complicated as that of the physical body. It is not simply a sidelight which can be looked at an instance. Ayurvedic application of treating psychological imbalances has its own expertise and application quite like any other therapeutic procedure.
Ayurveda and mental imbalance
Conventional Ayurvedic treatments have recognised three primary causes of mental illnesses:
Imbalances caused by various Doshas which can be either through external reasons or constitutional issues.
An excess of tamas as well as rajas in the mind.
Factors of Karma or outcomes of previous actions.
All these three factors are interrelated to some degree though the imbalances of the Doshas are the most predominant. It mainly rests upon excessive of tamas and rajas, which eventually mirror the deeper disharmonies resting on all the actions.
Ayurveda and psychological problems
Ayurvedic treatments offer a threefold solution for combating all these imbalances that lead to psychological problems.
1. Rational therapies are known for encountering all the Doshas that can be achieved with the help of proper diet, herbs, clinical treatments and other therapies that are directed in opposite directions of the Doshic disharmonies.
2. Sattvic therapies along with Yoga are believed to counter the rajas along with tamas with the use of pranayama, asana, mantra as well as meditation.
3. Spiritual methods for reducing Karma can help in the proper applications of mantras, and rituals that help in purifying the soul.
These three methods of treatment normally cross each other and can be applied to the same individual alternately. The mind as a factor with emotional issues can be availed in each of these stages.
Ayurveda for counselling
Along with these psychological considerations, Ayurveda is largely used for counselling a person who is going through mental imbalance. Much of the work comprises of educating the individual on how he or she would be able to alter their lifestyle for the prevention of diseases and optimising the health conditions along with treating mental imbalances. While this may be centred on herbal and dietary recommendations, it is generally based on the individual clinical condition of the patient.
Is there any pill which can b given to my gf, after having continues intercourse for about 20 days. I don't want her to get pregnant. please help fast.
Please make sure you have no skin allergies particulary to bleaching agents such as chlorine. Any contact dermatitis could worsen on exposure to such waters. Always have a shower before entering the pool and make sure you use pools where this practice is followed. Always have a thorough shower after using the pool. Always use protective glasses to avoid conjunctivitis. Avoid swallowing water from the pool. If you want to spit make sure you do it outside the water or in the water collection system in the corners. If you develop any skin problems stop immediately and seek help.
My wife age 26. During the time of menstruation, she always suffer from severe abdominal pain. Please suggest a perfect way so that she can overcome from this problem?
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that can easily be managed by controlling our diet. Along with being aware of your sugar intake, your diet should help you lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, this does not mean you have to resign yourself to a lifetime of tasteless food.
Here are a few diet tips that can help manage diabetes:
- Choose high fiber carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an essential element of the daily diet but have a huge impact on blood sugar levels. Hence, it is important to pick the right carbohydrates. Your diet should have a limited amount of refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, soda etc. and should be focused more on high fiber carbohydrates such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, rolled oats and bran flakes that are digested slowly. This prevents your body from producing excessive insulin.
- Be sweet smart: The key to indulge your sweet tooth and controlling diabetes is moderation. Abruptly, removing sugar from your diet can make you crave for it. Instead, gradually lower your sugar intake. If you can't miss out on the dessert at the end of a meal, reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your meal. Adding healthy fats like peanut butter, yogurt or nuts to your dessert can also slow down the digestive process and thus control blood sugar level.
- Keep a food diary: When you are diabetic, it is very important to eat at regular intervals. Eating frequent, small meals are often better than fewer large meals. Try and maintain a food diary to keep track of your calorie intake. This helps identify problem areas of where your body is getting excessive calories from. When you are aware of the calories associated with things you eat, it is easier to cut down on snacks and replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options.
- Choose fats wisely: It is impossible to completely cut out fats from your diet. While some fats such as liquid vegetable oils and commercial baked goods are unhealthy, others have important health benefits. Unsaturated fats are the healthiest and safest. Replacing your vegetable cooking oil for olive oil and biscuits with nuts are easy ways to make smart choices with your fat intake.
- Go green: Green leafy vegetables are low on carbohydrates and high on nutrients. Thus, make them an integral part of your meal. Vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce, etc. can be eaten raw or cooked. Along with being nutritious, they also add texture and color to your meals, thus making them more visually appealing.
Related Tip: "5 Signs That You're Suffering From Diabetes?"