Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Reetu G Naresh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Reetu G NareshYour feedback matters!
The drumsticks, scientific name 'Moringa oleifera' often finds its way into the kitchen, used in the preparation of a variety of cuisines and delicacies, especially in India. From leaves to flowers, to seeds to the drumsticks itself, almost every part of Moringa or drumstick tree are edible and come laden with health benefits. In this article, we will discuss some of the benefits of drumsticks including their leaves, roots, flowers, and seeds.
Benefits of drumstick seeds
- The drumstick seeds are a rich source of Vitamins (A, B-complex and C) and antioxidants and play a pivotal role in shielding the body from the harmful oxidative effects of the free radicals.
- The seeds are also known for their anticarcinogenic properties. The drumstick seeds contain Oleic Acid which is a Good Cholesterol that keeps the heart hale and hearty.
- People dealing with acne, acne scars, fine lines, can achieve fruitful results using oil extracted from the drumstick seeds, keeping the skin young and healthy.
- The drumstick seeds are an excellent source of Zinc (known to promote healthy sperm production) and Iron (an ideal option for people with low hemoglobin or anemia).
Benefits of drumstick tree roots
- The Moringa roots come as a blessing for people dealing with medical conditions such as thyroid disorders, digestive problems, asthma, Inflammatory disorders, skin problems, to name a few.
- Research suggests the use of drumstick tree roots can be highly beneficial in the case of ovarian cancer.
Benefits of Moringa/ Drumstick leaves
- If you want a healthy, glowing and youthful skin, the Moringa leaves are what the doctor has just advised. Packed with almost all the vital nutrients and vitamins (B, Beta-carotene, folic acid, C, K, and provitamin A), the Moringa leaves comes is an excellent blood purifier and keeps a host of skin problems including acne and pimples at bay.
- The Moringa leaves contain pyridoxine, folic acid, and riboflavin, and come across as a natural remedy for people with digestive problems.
Benefits of Moringa Flowers
- The Moringa Flowers act as aphrodisiacs, enhancing the sexual desire or libido in a person. Thus, the flower is beneficial for people dealing with low libido or sexual dysfunction.
- The Moringa leaves have diuretic properties and are the best options for people trying to lose weight. This property makes the Moringa leaves an excellent remedy to deal with edema.
Other common benefits
- Moringa is a rich source of the amino acid Tryptophan and provides excellent relief from stress, anxiety, depression and related problems and complications by enhancing the production of the hormone Serotonin.
- The antiurolithiatic property of Moringa roots goes a long way to prevent the formation of gallbladder stones or kidney stones.
- Drumsticks keep the eyes healthy reducing the incidences of retinal dysfunction and dilation of the retinal vessels significantly.
- Drumsticks are also known to give the immune system a much-needed boost, strengthening them to a great extent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Irregular periods from past 2 years. Doctor suggested to take orofer tablets to 6 months. But now I'm suffering from same problems.
Hi sir my wife's watery discharge from right side breast.We are already checked by mammography there are normal .And consult 2 doctors last 1year M.D. Gynocologistl. But no change.
I want to know that do using condoms has any sideeffects do using it gives rashes on the skin do it makes skin dry after use and do it leads to erectile dysfunction. I know it is safe for sex what kind of condoms do I use to avoid the above problems.
Your ovulation cycle is largely ignored until you decide to have a baby. Suddenly, the ovulation cycle becomes more than just a countdown to your next period. When you're trying to get pregnant, you need to identify when you're ovulating to calculate the time available to you to conceive a child. Ovulation occurs mid cycle, every month for most women. It is usually accompanied by a number of symptoms. Some of these are:
Some women may experience an abdominal pain when they ovulate. This can range from a mild sensation to a constant pain. The latter is not normal and may be caused by ovarian cysts or scarring by a previous surgery.
Higher Basal body temperature
Basal body temperature is the lowest temperature recorded in the body when it is at rest. At the time of ovulation, this temperature normally increases as a result of the release of progesterone. To use this method to determine ovulation, you will need a basal thermometer. Take your temperature every morning as soon as you wake up and record it in a chart to spot temperature changes. Basal body temperature can also be used to determine if recent intercourse has resulted in a pregnancy or not. If the basal temperature remains elevated for 18 days after intercourse, it is safe to say that you are pregnant.
The mucus released by the vagina changes according to the stage of the ovulation cycle. This is caused by the fluctuations of hormone levels. At the time of ovulation, cervical mucus is clear, slippery and highly elastic. This can be compared to a raw egg white in colour and consistency. After ovulation, this mucus will turn stickier and denser.
Your cervix itself will shift at the time of ovulation. Some women can easily feel this change while it may take a little time for others to identify it. The cervix is usually positioned low and feels hard and closed. However, just before ovulation, it will usually open up and soften a little as well as pull back. Cervical position also needs to be regularly charted to determine when the position changes.
Spotting mid cycle is not always a sign of an early period. It may also signal ovulation. This is usually a result of the sudden drop in estrogen that precedes ovulation. Since the progesterone levels are not high at this time, the lining of the uterus may leak a little blood.
Other signs of ovulation include:
- Breast tenderness
- Heightened sense of smell, taste etc
- Increased libido
- Increased energy levels and
- Water retention
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.