Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravishankara Reddy
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravishankara ReddyYour feedback matters!
1. Mix a teaspoon of honey in a glass of celery juice and drink it every night before going to bed.
2. Grind some fried cumin (jeera) seeds to a fine powder and mix them with the pulp of a ripe banana. Eat this at night.
3. Add lettuce seeds in boiled water and drink.
4. Mix equal quantities of sesame (til) oil and bottle gourd juice (lauki) and massage this mixture on the scalp every night.
5. Consume salad of raw onions (pyaz) regularly.
6. Eat three cups of curd (dahi) every day.
7. Drink the milk extracted from poppy seeds every day at night after having dinner.
8. Drink a cup of milk with honey every day.
9. Take rose water (gulab jal), add one drop of ghee and rinse the eyes with that water at bed time.
10. For more tips and ayurvedic treatment you may consult me anytime.
11. Take a glass of warm milk and add some nutmeg (jayfal), cardamom (elaichi) and dried ginger (adrak) to it and consume it.
Wish you a good health.
Hello Dr. I have following symptoms from may 2016 Sore thorat headache body ache mild fever weakness tiredness white coated tongue joint muscle pain numbness hand and feet white spot in inside the mouth cheeks and lips tonsil large back pain Sir please suggest me what possible cause of my symptoms whose blood test I need please suggest.
When walking on the road a stone hit my head because of speeding car and on the right side of my head above my right ear it started bleeding. Bleeding stopped same day. The bruise is not big. Now its dried but my head keeps hurting. Should I need to do a scan or mri.
June is known as the Brain Tumour Month worldwide. It’s worthwhile to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.